ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A look at 2014 Free Agents - Who should we pursue? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280439)

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10350511)
Arrowhead Pride‏@ArrowheadPride5m
Chiefs fans RT @BleedingGreen Rumor: Jeremy Maclin to re-sign with the Eagles http://sbn.to/JZ7mPW

Well, Emmanuel Sanders it is then.

Let's do this shit!

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 05:03 PM

I love Eric Berry and think he's great in the role that he's in now, but at this point everything needs to be explored. If we can't find a suitable FS option but a SS is available, we should pull the trigger.

I'd hate to move him out of a spot that he's made an All-Pro living out of, but he has the skill to move to FS if need be, in my opinion. Plus, there are quite a few pros if he can make the transition seamlessly:

1. Stellar FS play is far more valuable in our defensive scheme than the SS role that we play Berry in. Dude is damn near always in the box covering TEs and shit while QBs are going deep, getting huge chunks of yardage over his head. In this league, it's better to have a solid starter as your deepest man and let the TE beat you than some of these insanely talented WRs out there.

2. Berry is probably our fastest defensive back, including the CBs. He'd have more range than any of our current safeties, that's for damn sure.

3. Taking him out of the box could work wonders in lengthening his career.

Who knows, though. I'm just throwing ideas around.

Buehler445 01-06-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10351031)
I love Eric Berry and think he's great in the role that he's in now, but at this point everything needs to be explored. If we can't find a suitable FS option but a SS is available, we should pull the trigger.

I'd hate to move him out of a spot that he's made an All-Pro living out of, but he has the skill to move to FS if need be, in my opinion. Plus, there are quite a few pros if he can make the transition seamlessly:

1. Stellar FS play is far more valuable in our defensive scheme than the SS role that we play Berry in. Dude is damn near always in the box covering TEs and shit while QBs are going deep, getting huge chunks of yardage over his head. In this league, it's better to have a solid starter as your deepest man and let the TE beat you than some of these insanely talented WRs out there.

2. Berry is probably our fastest defensive back, including the CBs. He'd have more range than any of our current safeties, that's for damn sure.

3. Taking him out of the box could work wonders in lengthening his career.

Who knows, though. I'm just throwing ideas around.

To me, it would depend on if he wants to do it. If he balks, I'd leave his ass where it is.

mcaj22 01-06-2014 05:06 PM

Golden Tate would be amazing

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10351034)
To me, it would depend on if he wants to do it. If he balks, I'd leave his ass where it is.

I don't really follow college, but a lot of people say he played centerfield a lot at Tennessee. Is that true?

Strongside 01-06-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10351053)
I don't really follow college, but a lot of people say he played centerfield a lot at Tennessee. Is that true?

Yes. He was a big part of their run defense, but he played deep much more than he does now...by a long shot.

BossChief 01-06-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10350874)
This is a pretty shitty FA class and the Chiefs will be strapped for cap spending. They really need to focus on keeping their own players they want to keep and maybe take a look at like Lamaar Houston to replace Tyson Jackson and a veteran FS for the short-term and on the cheap.

The free agent class will improve once guys start getting cut.

Lots of teams are over the cap.

No is over by like 15 million and Jimmy Graham is aFA.
Dallas is over by 20+

BossChief 01-06-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10351053)

When Kiffen got there, he played in the box more and more.

When he was in coverage more in his first 2 years is when he was a true playmaker.

BossChief 01-06-2014 05:33 PM

In his first two years in college, he had 13 interceptions that he returned for 487 yards and 3 tds.

When Kiffen took over, Berry had only 2 picks for 7 yards and he was in the box a lot.

Red Dawg 01-06-2014 05:43 PM

James Jones! Dorsey needs to hook us up.

Red Dawg 01-06-2014 05:46 PM

Sanders would be nice as well.

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10351105)
When Kiffen got there, he played in the box more and more.

When he was in coverage more in his first 2 years is when he was a true playmaker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10351135)
In his first two years in college, he had 13 interceptions that he returned for 487 yards and 3 tds.

When Kiffen took over, Berry had only 2 picks for 7 yards and he was in the box a lot.

Interesting. Doubt it will happen at this stage in his career but I like the fact that he could likely do it if need be.

mcaj22 01-06-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10351188)
Interesting. Doubt it will happen at this stage in his career but I like the fact that he could likely do it if need be.

well there was a big need be this season and they still didnt do it so I can't imagine what it would take for them to do it

probably drafting a freak 3 down MLBer that can run a sub 4.5. The odds of that are slim

ThaVirus 01-06-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10351194)
probably drafting a freak 3 down MLBer that can run a sub 4.5.

Heh. Would be nice.

O.city 01-06-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10350231)
Cooper/Decker/Sanders, Jones, Houston, Spikes/Smith, DRC/Chris Harris/Davis, Bethea.

One of the wr, Houston and Chris Harris.