ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs @nfldraftscout (Matt Miller) will be on 610 from 1-2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269046)

Rausch 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331153)
Geno is the pick. It is....what it is.

Pretty much...

ptlyon 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9331195)
Hours and pay are atrocious. Fun, but not worth it full time.

I did the sports journalist thing, long enough to realize that it sounds better than it actually is.

It's hard to enjoy sports when it's your job.

Thats why I'm not a gynecologist

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9331201)
Smith and Wilson will be long gone by the time trading up is within reasonable range you moron.

Everyone questioned the McNabb pick which turned out Ok. Geno is a better prospect.

Yes! This!:)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:02 PM

When we pick Smith, I might have to change my name to "Sweet Dick Geno".

Easy 6 01-18-2013 03:03 PM

"He's the best tackle i've ever seen" LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9331209)
"He's the best tackle i've ever seen" LMAO

Sweet Jesus, Miller can chug teh 'Freeze...

ptlyon 01-18-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331207)

We're holding you to that

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-18-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9331213)
We're holding you to that

I'm down.

Rambozo 01-18-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331207)

If we don't pic Geno, would you change it to "lover" instead of Geno?

HolyHat 01-18-2013 03:18 PM

The Nassib thoughts are picking up steam lately. That kid is either going to be a monster or a total bust. No in between with him.

saphojunkie 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Here's my big question -

If Geno Smith isn't worth the #1 overall pick, what pick is he worth? 7? 10? 15?

At what point would the Chiefs look at the board and say, "He's our guy."

Because it seems to me that, if he isn't worth the #1 overall pick, then he isn't worth a first round pick period.

And since our 2nd rounder is basically a first, would they even take him there? What's the ****ing difference between getting him at 1 and getting him at #34? Either way, he is going to be your QB for the foreseeable future. Either way, you're probably not drafting a first round QB next year.

So why wouldn't you just take him at #1? I still can't believe there's a single player in this draft who is appreciably better than Geno Smith.

I just don't believe in Best Player Available. Or, rather, I believe it should be Most IMPACTFUL Player Available. The MIPA.

You cannot tell me there is a more impactful player than Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson - whoever is better - in this draft.

Star Lotuleilei will not give you more wins than Geno or Wilson. He won't. Period. Joeckel won't either. What, he's going to come in and allow ZERO sacks? Because that's the only way to improve on Albert's play this year.

It's just so ****ing infuriating. It makes no sense to have turned our backs on the QB position in this draft already.

RealSNR 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9331046)
Almost every rookie loses his first playoff game. He looked bad in his second game.

In five years Ryan has 16 fourth quarter comebacks and 23 game winning drives.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RyanMa00

In comparison, Rodgers has 5 fourth quarter comebacks and 9 game winning drives in eight years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=RodgAa00

When he won the Superbowl, that team never trailed a game once in the 4th quarter. It's not a coincidence.

So now Ryan > Rodgers

In spite of the fact that 2 years ago in the playoffs, those two QBs met face-to-face and Rodgers put on one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a QB in the playoffs. It was ****ing zen. He made all the throws look easy, and that's even against some pretty aggressive tight coverage the Falcons were playing. He dominated Ryan and made him look like a giant smelly turd.

I don't ****ing give a shit about regular season comebacks. The regular season can go **** its dad.

HolyHat 01-18-2013 03:29 PM

Where would we be if that coin flip with Atlanta went our way....

Rambozo 01-18-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9331258)
So now Ryan > Rodgers

In spite of the fact that 2 years ago in the playoffs, those two QBs met face-to-face and Rodgers put on one of the greatest performances I've ever seen from a QB in the playoffs. It was ****ing zen. He made all the throws look easy, and that's even against some pretty aggressive tight coverage the Falcons were playing. He dominated Ryan and made him look like a giant smelly turd.

I don't ****ing give a shit about regular season comebacks. The regular season can go **** its dad.

I didn't say Ryan is greater than Rogers. Also, the Falcons were starting their dime back (Chris Owens #21) as the #2 CB in that game. If you watch the highlights, you will see Owens quite a bit. it wasn't as great as you think.

Easy 6 01-18-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9331212)
Sweet Jesus, Miller can chug teh 'Freeze...

There is maybe one guy i've read from that place who sounds like a pro, the rest of them are no better than the dumbest, homeriest noob on this board.

I'm surprised they allow so many clowns to submit work.