ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Change Gonna Come (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264872)

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995408)
No, we weren't.

The short memories around here are quite amazing.

Shut the **** up, Dane.

Honestly.

You were all sunshine and daises around here, all the way through the first or second week of the season.

You were a full blown homer. You thought this was a playoff team.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8995423)
Seriously? Come on.

Yes it appears now it was a mistake but at the time he was valued by all to be the top GM in the business. Clark did his job.

LMAO

You're a ****ing idiot.

Quote:

Now if you are the only one who saw it differently, congratulations. I suggest you try to get in the business since you're smarter than everybody else.

LMAO

Where have I heard this before? 2009, maybe?

Quote:

The fact still remains that Clark hired the #1 guy at the time. It just didn't work out.

Bullshit. The "Number One Guy" was and still is Eric DeCosta. Furthermore, anyone with a ****ing brain (which obviously, doesn't include YOU) would have known that Pioli was Peter Principled into his position.

You're a ****ing oxygen thief.

TEX 10-09-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Seriously? Come on.

Yes it appears now it was a mistake but at the time he was valued by all to be the top GM in the business. Clark did his job.

Now if you are the only one who saw it differently, congratulations. I suggest you try to get in the business since you're smarter than everybody else.

The fact still remains that Clark hired the #1 guy at the time. It just didn't work out.

Yep. Most in the media that cover the NFL had the same take. Mort, Clayton, Scherfter, etc. were all saying that Clark did a great job in choosing a new GM.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8995425)
Shut the **** up, Dane.

Honestly.

You were all sunshine and daises around here, all the way through the first or second week of the season.

You were a full blown homer. You thought this was a playoff team.

Oh really? So, I wasn't right in 2009?

Just because I believed (and actually, still DO believe) that this team, flaws and all, has enough talent to win a playoff game means that my opinion of Pioli is invalidated?

Bullshit. I guess that means that YOUR opinion is invalidated since you were lapping up Pioli and everything he did from 2009-2011?

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8995435)
Yep. Most in the NFL had the same take.

Who? East Coast biased sports writers?

Wow, those guys are NEVER wrong about anything.

LiL stumppy 10-09-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995393)
cHunt didn't do his part because anyone with a ****ing brain would have looked at New England's draft and free agency record during his time there and figured out all of the success had to do with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, not Pioli.

Clark failed miserably and did not perform proper due diligence.

I can only hope he's learned his lesson.

You're dumb. Real dumb.

InChiefsHeaven 10-09-2012 10:46 AM

If they fire Pioli, then Crennel will be gone. 2 with one stone. Cassel will also be gone, no new GM worth a shite will want to continue with that mess.

We'll clean house. If he keeps Pioli and they fire Crennel and cut Cassel, I guess Pioli would be on notice, but that means we still have to deal with the probability that he'll **** up for another season or two before we flush him.

Come on Clark. Do the right thing. Start Quinn, and maybe even Stanzi the rest of the year. Fire Pioli and cut Cassel. Next year, draft a QB, get a decent HC and GM. We'll fill your ****ing stadium again.

Get. It. DONE.

TEX 10-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995440)
Who? East Coast biased sports writers?

Wow, those guys are NEVER wrong about anything.

I hear ya - but no, most everywhere. ( Clayton, Mort, Schefter to name a few) Most of the mags and talking heads endorsed it as well.

suds79 10-09-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 8995435)
Yep. Most in the media that cover the NFL had the same take. Mort, Clayton, Scherfter, etc. were all saying that Clark did a great job in choosing a new GM.

Well you know that's just crazy talk. I mean forget the actual experts who are involved in the business. Clark should just employ Dane as a consultant. I mean after all, you ask him and he'll tell you he has all the answers. ;)

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995436)
I guess that means that YOUR opinion is invalidated since you were lapping up Pioli and everything he did from 2009-2011?

I supported the regime in 2009, and the first half of 2010.

Then I turned on them and haven't gone back.

But YOU were walking around here saying we were going to win a playoff game. Own it.

TEX 10-09-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8995454)
If they fire Pioli, then Crennel will be gone. 2 with one stone. Cassel will also be gone, no new GM worth a shite will want to continue with that mess.

We'll clean house. If he keeps Pioli and they fire Crennel and cut Cassel, I guess Pioli would be on notice, but that means we still have to deal with the probability that he'll **** up for another season or two before we flush him.

Come on Clark. Do the right thing. Start Quinn, and maybe even Stanzi the rest of the year. Fire Pioli and cut Cassel. Next year, draft a QB, get a decent HC and GM. We'll fill your ****ing stadium again.

Get. It. DONE.

I think he sees what happens with Brady Quinn before making a decison on Pioli. After all, Pioli did choose him too as competitin for Cassel :rolleyes: even though his intention was NOT to ever have to play him.

TEX 10-09-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8995457)
Well you know that's just crazy talk. I mean forget the actual experts who are involved in the business. Clark should just employ Dane as a consultant. I mean after all, you ask him and he'll tell you he has all the answers. ;)

LOL!
Seriously, Dane is right alot of the time - not this time however...

HemiEd 10-09-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8995408)
No, we weren't.

The short memories around here are quite amazing.

:LOL: Are you including yourself?

BossChief 10-09-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8995200)
there was rumor that scott had already signed an extension

I bet we won't hear about for months now...

Honestly, I wouldn't care on 2 conditions

1) Cut Cassel

2) draft a first round quarterback not named Landry Jones.

BigCatDaddy 10-09-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8995489)
Honestly, I wouldn't care on 2 conditions

1) Cut Cassel

2) draft a first round quarterback not named Landry Jones.

I'm pretty sure Jones is looking like a 3rd round pick at best right now.