ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   To tan or not to tan? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=141196)

Chiefs Pantalones 05-24-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I don't know why, but it also seems weird to see a guy walking in to go to a tanning bed.

LOL, I tan, but I don't fake-bake. I layout by the pool. I have a guy friend that tans at the tanning salon and has done so for about 2 years...well...he looks like he's 13 years older now because so. Some people it effects, some it doesn't. He didn't even tan that much in that 2 year period, but it just made him look older in a bad way.

I don't mind chicks doing it. I've thought about getting a part-time job working at a tanning place...think of all the girls...wow...or they may think I'm gay...that wouldn't be good...

luv 05-24-2006 01:48 PM

That reminds me...I went for 10 minutes today. I'm seeing some results, and I like. Haven't burnt yet (knock on wood). Three sessions to go.

4th and Long 05-24-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
That reminds me...I went for 10 minutes today. I'm seeing some results, and I like. Haven't burnt yet (knock on wood). Three sessions to go.

TTIWWP

unlurking 05-24-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder
LOL, I tan, but I don't fake-bake. I layout by the pool. I have a guy friend that tans at the tanning salon and has done so for about 2 years...well...he looks like he's 13 years older now because so. Some people it effects, some it doesn't. He didn't even tan that much in that 2 year period, but it just made him look older in a bad way.

I don't mind chicks doing it. I've thought about getting a part-time job working at a tanning place...think of all the girls...wow...or they may think I'm gay...that wouldn't be good...

Funny, I just assumed you were since you layout by the pool.

:D

Chiefs Pantalones 05-24-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Funny, I just assumed you were since you layout by the pool.

:D

:cuss: :)

Jenny Gump 05-24-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

A "tan" is still skin damage. Doesn't have to be a burn. Being a redhead, I always thought somehow I could trick my skin into tanning...but alas, just burn after burn. In my late 20s I realized that all that UV exposure is not going to bode well for me in my 40s and 50s. I'm glad I have made the choice to go sans tanning bed. When I was about 26, I remember watching a late night tv talk show and this supermodel was saying you would have to be crazy to sit in a tanning bed or go outside without sunscreen, and that all t he models use self-tanner. That made an impression on me.

Also, about that time, a good friend of mine begged me to stop tanning in the tanning beds. He showed me a picture of someone he worked with, who was a redhead like myself, who hadn't avoided the UV, and now she was about 40 but looked seriously about 55. That was shocking.

Now as far as fake tans...hell, I've tried everyone of them. I'm like an expert. I have found one that works well for me, and it doesn't leave me orange or streaky at all...of course, I have become very good at applying it. I like a teensy bit of color, just so I don't blind Nasium.

go bo 05-24-2006 06:49 PM

dammit nasium...

you have all the luck...

|Zach| 05-24-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny Gump

Now as far as fake tans...hell, I've tried everyone of them. I'm like an expert.

Is that on your resume?

RedNFeisty 05-25-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny Gump
A "tan" is still skin damage. Doesn't have to be a burn. Being a redhead, I always thought somehow I could trick my skin into tanning...but alas, just burn after burn. In my late 20s I realized that all that UV exposure is not going to bode well for me in my 40s and 50s. I'm glad I have made the choice to go sans tanning bed. When I was about 26, I remember watching a late night tv talk show and this supermodel was saying you would have to be crazy to sit in a tanning bed or go outside without sunscreen, and that all t he models use self-tanner. That made an impression on me.

Also, about that time, a good friend of mine begged me to stop tanning in the tanning beds. He showed me a picture of someone he worked with, who was a redhead like myself, who hadn't avoided the UV, and now she was about 40 but looked seriously about 55. That was shocking.

Now as far as fake tans...hell, I've tried everyone of them. I'm like an expert. I have found one that works well for me, and it doesn't leave me orange or streaky at all...of course, I have become very good at applying it. I like a teensy bit of color, just so I don't blind Nasium.

Luv, good luck! I hope you get the results you are looking for!

I, myself relish in the fact that I am pale and unique compared to the tan bunnies that are getting their day in the sun now having men fawn over them for their dark flawless skin, for when I am in my fifties I will have men fawning over me for my flawless pale skin.

I can acquire a tan however I have to provide tan lines for anyone to notice I have a tan. I don’t care for the adverse effects the sun has on the skin, therefore I do not go outside with the intention of getting a tan.

Katipan 05-25-2006 04:45 PM

fawning men?

i knew my dark flawless skin would come in handy.

58-4ever 05-25-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan
fawning men?

i knew my dark flawless skin would come in handy.

As if you hadn't figured that out already. :p