ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What kind of HC do you want next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265653)

whoman69 10-25-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9047292)
Pioli is fired, Romeo is shown the door (or in his case will probably retire).

What kind of coach do you want?

A veteran coach who has had success as a head coach before, like Brian Billick, Mike Holmgren or a Bill Cowher (I doubt he leaves TV so soon)?

or...

A young coordinator who has potential as a head coach, like Mike McCoy, Perry Fewell or Mike Zimmer?

I'll take B.

It takes a lot of energy to build a franchise and mold it in your image. An older coach doesn't want to deal with the BS anymore.

DJ's left nut 10-25-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9048720)
I prefer Ray Horton to Bradley because I think you're seeing a shitload of Pete in Seattle.

Let's not forget, the guy is a Super Bowl winning DC with the 49ers and his teams have always been strong defensively, whether in the NFL or at USC.

That's true, but Bradley's learning that Leo defense under the feet of the master.

I like the Leo a lot. I think it's strength is its versatility and that's what has made it so effective in this climate. It's also nice in that it can incorporate players that fit well in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme so you can get some very nice draft/FA values if guys fall through the cracks.

I think Bradley gets a fair amount of credit for the adjustments made against NE a couple of weeks ago where they just confounded the hell out of Brady.

But hey - I like Horton, too. I've mentioned him in the top 3/4 of my list of candidates as well. In the end, I like that Leo defense and I like Bradley's linebackers background over Horton's DB background because I think the LBs tend to be the heart of the defense. Training that spirit into your LBs tells me you can get it into your entire squad.

MahiMike 10-25-2012 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really like Brian Billick. Since we missed out on Jeff Fisher, he's my new fave. Probably won't give up his day job, but dude is super smart.

The Franchise 10-25-2012 01:11 PM

Mike McCoy with Ron Rivera as the DC.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9048721)
I do that's why they hired Duhball. Guys like Romeo want to have a ball control offense. **** that.

McCoy as HC please.

Daboll was hired because of Pioli, not Crennel.

McCoy hasn't shown me anything, other than the ability to allow Peyton run his own offense.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:17 PM

An offensive mastermind with a minor in defensive GOD.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9048755)
Daboll was hired because of Pioli, not Crennel.

McCoy hasn't shown me anything, other than the ability to allow Peyton run his own offense.

Improved Orton's numbers had a top 10 passing game with Orton, Adjusted the offense to Tim Tebows style which got them in the playoffs. Guy ha proven not only can he work with QB's he can also adjust offenses. Would be a wonderful coach for a young QB.

Also played in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9048740)
That's true, but Bradley's learning that Leo defense under the feet of the master.

I like the Leo a lot. I think it's strength is its versatility and that's what has made it so effective in this climate. It's also nice in that it can incorporate players that fit well in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme so you can get some very nice draft/FA values if guys fall through the cracks.

I think Bradley gets a fair amount of credit for the adjustments made against NE a couple of weeks ago where they just confounded the hell out of Brady.

But hey - I like Horton, too. I've mentioned him in the top 3/4 of my list of candidates as well. In the end, I like that Leo defense and I like Bradley's linebackers background over Horton's DB background because I think the LBs tend to be the heart of the defense. Training that spirit into your LBs tells me you can get it into your entire squad.

I guess for me, it would come down to the interviews. I'm a Pete fan. I loved him at USC and since the Chiefs are sucking, I'm following the 'Hawks this year more closely than before. I love his energy, enthusiasm and love of the game. It's hard to believe the guy is 60!

There's no way Pete isn't going to endorse one his own for a head coaching gig, so for Bradley to get the gig, he'd need to come in completely prepared with a plan in hand.

Unlike Horton, who's done it without Dick LeBeau over his shoulder, Bradley has a little more to "prove", for lack of a better word.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9048779)
I guess for me, it would come down to the interviews. I'm a Pete fan. I loved him at USC and since the Chiefs are sucking, I'm following the 'Hawks this year more closely than before. I love his energy, enthusiasm and love of the game. It's hard to believe the guy is 60!

There's no way Pete isn't going to endorse one his own for a head coaching gig, so for Bradley to get the gig, he'd need to come in completely prepared with a plan in hand.

Unlike Horton, who's done it without Dick LeBeau over his shoulder, Bradley has a little more to "prove", for lack of a better word.

I agree on Pete. Very impressed with his second go-around in the NFL.

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich...heh...is why I'm not so completely down on the idea of BC.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9048770)
Improved Orton's numbers had a top 10 passing game with Orton, Adjusted the offense to Tim Tebows style which got them in the playoffs. Guy ha proven not only can he work with QB's he can also adjust offenses. Would be a wonderful coach for a young QB.

Also played in the NFL.

That's fine and all but is he a head coach?

Head coaches aren't responsible for player development and offensive or defensive game planning. They're responsible for the entire team - offense, defense and special teams, and for making sure that all facets, including player preparation, are ready each Sunday.

As I've said so often this offseason, a great coordinator doesn't always make a great head coach. If you at the history of the league or even the past ten years, you'll see tons of examples, from Norv to Rex Ryan to Rivera in Carolina to Mike Martz to our own Romeo Crennel.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-25-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9048745)
I really like Brian Billick. Since we missed out on Jeff Fisher, he's my new fave. Probably won't give up his day job, but dude is super smart.

Just seeing a competent coach on the sidelines would be nice.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048794)
I agree on Pete. Very impressed with his second go-around in the NFL.

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiich...heh...is why I'm not so completely down on the idea of BC.

Pete had a decent track record in the NFL back in the 90's, which for some reason is overlooked. He's clearly learned from his mistakes and from his experience at USC and is building a championship team in Seattle. They look pretty fierce at times, even with a rookie third round QB.

Who is BC? Brainfart.

DaneMcCloud 10-25-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048802)
Just seeing a competent coach on the sidelines would be nice.

I don't dislike Billick but he was never able to recreate his Minnesota offense in Baltimore. He certainly tried but it was never even close.

I'm not so sure he could do it in KC, either, especially considering the lack of a QB and what will likely be a severely depleted wide receiving and tight end corp come 2013.

Titty Meat 10-25-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9048801)
That's fine and all but is he a head coach?

Head coaches aren't responsible for player development and offensive or defensive game planning. They're responsible for the entire team - offense, defense and special teams, and for making sure that all facets, including player preparation, are ready each Sunday.

As I've said so often this offseason, a great coordinator doesn't always make a great head coach. If you at the history of the league or even the past ten years, you'll see tons of examples, from Norv to Rex Ryan to Rivera in Carolina to Mike Martz to our own Romeo Crennel.

I'm not sure i'd have to interview him. He did get some looks last off season though.

Jive Ass 10-25-2012 01:34 PM

I miss Haley. I'd take him over a lot of the older guys. If Haley did one thing, he had the team ready to play every week. He's young, has good instincts that will become even better with time, and is fun as hell to watch when he's mad. I doubt he comes back, though.