ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Do you believe in ghosts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=102623)

Demonpenz 10-29-2004 05:39 PM

i would go up there right now and take a picture but I guess it is going to storm

Rain Man 10-29-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium
I did a Google image search for "ghosts" and this is what I came up with. How can you ghost doubters explain this?
http://www.hufos.net/images/ghosts%20orbs%20009.jpg

I see it there in the lower right - a ghost couch. Wow.

Hydrae 10-29-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I see it there in the lower right - a ghost couch. Wow.

Wow is right! I never knew that couches had a soul. Gonna have to be more careful about what I do on my couch in the future!

Ecto-I 10-29-2004 06:04 PM

No proof, no ghosts. Until I see one or am presented with some damn good evidence, I don't believe. Hell, even if I do see one, it'd probably be a hallucination or something.

Ironically, Ghostbusters is my favorite movie! :D

Frazod 10-29-2004 06:29 PM

Yes, I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple of experiences that really can't be logically explained. Nothing I've actually seen - but in one instance, something that I definitely heard.

Nightfyre 10-29-2004 06:43 PM

I don't believe in them, but I've seen one.

KcMizzou 10-29-2004 06:52 PM

I'm undecided. I believe there are lots of things out there we dont or can't understand. But specifically? I dunno.

ChiefFripp 10-29-2004 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
ROFL

take a joke well...?

Yes as I offered one back :p I really don't know your woman :)

Jenny Gump 10-29-2004 08:30 PM

Thanks a lot guys. You have officially freaked me out.

I'm gonna go catch the Stiffler Dance-Off real quick to bring me back to Quirkyville.

Frazod 10-29-2004 08:47 PM

I pulled this story from an earlier ghost thread. Didn't feel like retyping it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Yes, I do. I spent a few days in a house that had a documented ghost.

Several years ago I visited a friend of mine who lived in officer housing at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne. The base was originally an old cavalry outpost, Fort D. A. Russell. The house I stayed in was well over 100 years old and had always been used as officer's quarters.

Apparently, the wife of an officer was having an affair with another officer. The husband came home, and the other guy tried to escape out an upstairs window. According to the story, he slipped and fell to his death.

The first day I got to the house, my friend told me the story, and that I would hear things in the night. I told him he was full of shit. Then he took his dog and carried it upstairs to the room in question. The dog acted normally everywhere else, but in this room, went nuts. He whimpered and squirmed, and when my friend put him down, he bolted out of the room.

I did notice that the room was cold, but it was November, so I didn't think anything of it.

That night, I slept in a room separated from this back room by a short hallway. Now, I've slept in old houses before, and am aware of the sounds they make (pipes, creaking, etc.). But no house makes a sound like footsteps and a sword rattling in a scabbard! :eek:

I was scared shitless and barely slept. For the rest of the time I was there, I slept on a couch downstairs, and was fine.

There was something in that room. I know it.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-30-2004 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
We have this house near by that is supposed to be haunted. I used to stay over there when i was little, one day I walked into the room and i saw an imprint of a bed rise up like someone was getting out of the bed, but yet no one was around. Then like one day we heard a bang at 1 am and a marble 200 pound table got tipped over for no reason at all. The way it was tipped over freaked me out. But then again, i smoke alot of drugs

OK I admit it....it was me. I tipped the table over. Gotcha.

Braincase 10-30-2004 11:37 AM

I believe in the ghosts of frazod and Iowanian and other things that go "**** You" in the night.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-30-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Yes, I believe in ghosts. I've had a couple of experiences that really can't be logically explained. Nothing I've actually seen - but in one instance, something that I definitely heard.

I know what you mean. One time I was at Joe's house for a Chiefsplanet get together and I walked over to a spot in the room where I could get a good picture of everyone watching the game...and the "e" in the Chiefs wall-hanging just fell off the wall and broke on the floor. I swear it wasn't me...

:D

Abba-Dabba 10-30-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Why does the existance of ghosts or spirits of the dead have to have anything to do with God? Can't they just be another realm of existence beyond the one we know? Energy left over by a life cut short or a life not finished?

How do you explain sounds on my wedding video or a girl in a picture that isn't there when everyone can see or hear it? Is everyone's mind playing the same trick on them at the same time...?

I'm atheist. I believe there is no afterlife. The soul is a human invention in my eyes. I'm not trying to change anyones belief/faith they may have. Each one of us is entitled to our own. And I believe neither one of us is more right than the other. Well, to be honest in the end I will either not know a thing and become dirt or be wrong and burn in hell for eternity.

Nightfyre 10-30-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack
I'm atheist. I believe there is no afterlife. The soul is a human invention in my eyes. I'm not trying to change anyones belief/faith they may have. Each one of us is entitled to our own. And I believe neither one of us is more right than the other. Well, to be honest in the end I will either not know a thing and become dirt or be wrong and burn in hell for eternity.

Way to be. :thumb: