ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs sign Kendrell Bell (ESPN Insider) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111799)

ceebz 03-08-2005 02:46 PM

Yay. I'm sure he's gonna look great on the weekly injury report.

ceebz 03-08-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd
Ughh, the guy only played in 8 games last year? I hope CP and Gun know what they're doing.

The guy's almost missed half of the games in his entire career, because of injuries.

Delano 03-08-2005 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If Bell can break through the KC O-line, I'm sure he can penetrate many a backfield this season.

Brock 03-08-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell
Methinks he don't suck that bad, and he's young. I'm happy, for now. Next bring on Hartwell and Law...

Probably not. I think the Bell/Hartwell equation was an either/or. Pretty disappointing, given Bell's recent history.

keg in kc 03-08-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Ehh. From all the reviews I've heard about Bell, the general consensus was that he was pretty good in coverage.

:shrug:

I'm just passing on what Ed Bouchette from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette said.

Mark M 03-08-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
and for people like you, nothing they ever do wrong will register in your brain pan.

ROFL

Actually, unlike Fox News, I actually try to be fair and balanced. I'll rip Carl for guys like Carlton Grey, Bam Morris, and Johnnie Morton, but will also give him credit for Will Shields, Tony G., and DT.

Just because I don't bash the organization with every other post doesn't mean I'm not critical ...

besides, every other post of mine is dedicated to making fun of raiderhader's mother.

MM
~~:D

DaWolf 03-08-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty
seven years, waht are the terms?

$10 mil guarunteed, $5 mil a year.

I guess Lamar didn't want to open the pocketbook. :rolleyes: Now everyone can whine about how they didn't want Bell and how now the front office won't make any more moves... :rolleyes:

Iowanian 03-08-2005 02:52 PM

So....

Is he playing in the middle or SOLB?

Demonpenz 03-08-2005 02:52 PM

i hope they have a clause that voids the contract if he gets shot in the ass

Demonpenz 03-08-2005 02:54 PM

this is why the chiefs suck

Wallcrawler 03-08-2005 02:54 PM

If I knew for sure that Bell would be able to play the entire season without getting hurt and missing several games, Id be happy with this.

His injury problems concern me.

But when he is healthy, the guy is a good linebacker. Worlds better than Kawika Mitchell. Our middle linebacker position just got upgraded, there is no question.

I saw that Hartwell was asking for a 10m signing bonus, after Morlon Greenwood received a 7m bonus.

I think that with the Chiefs wanting to fill 3 spots on the D, we wont be landing the top tier guys that we all wanted.

Bell is damn sure better than nothing though, because when he is healthy, he's shown he can be a playmaker.

Im glad that we at least have him. Now the Cornerback position should be the next issue that we address.

Rolle is signed with the Ravens, Dwight Smith with the Saints. So that leaves Andre Dyson, and Fred Smoot, which the team has shown no interest in thusfar, and Ty Law.

Theres still the possibility of them removing their head from their ass and pulling the trigger on the trade with Miami for Surtain.

Right now, we need a SOLID playmaker on defense. Bell can do it if he is healthy, but we need someone of top caliber in the secondary.

Id forego the third added player, to get a top flight player. 1 outstanding player, 1 good player beats 3 average players.

Besides, I think that Willie Pile could come in and play some safety for us. He did all right last year in Jerome Woods' absence. If we had a guy like Surtain back there, it would take even more pressure off of him.

I guess we will see what happens.

Im eating my words now though, I honestly didnt expect any of these guys on the list to be signed.

htismaqe 03-08-2005 03:08 PM

I've seen Bell a dozen times or so.

He's not an OLB, he struggles in coverage.

htismaqe 03-08-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stinger
If I knew for sure that Bell would be able to play the entire season without getting hurt and missing several games, Id be happy with this.

His injury problems concern me.

But when he is healthy, the guy is a good linebacker. Worlds better than Kawika Mitchell. Our middle linebacker position just got upgraded, there is no question.

I saw that Hartwell was asking for a 10m signing bonus, after Morlon Greenwood received a 7m bonus.

I think that with the Chiefs wanting to fill 3 spots on the D, we wont be landing the top tier guys that we all wanted.

Bell is damn sure better than nothing though, because when he is healthy, he's shown he can be a playmaker.

Im glad that we at least have him. Now the Cornerback position should be the next issue that we address.

Rolle is signed with the Ravens, Dwight Smith with the Saints. So that leaves Andre Dyson, and Fred Smoot, which the team has shown no interest in thusfar, and Ty Law.

Theres still the possibility of them removing their head from their ass and pulling the trigger on the trade with Miami for Surtain.

Right now, we need a SOLID playmaker on defense. Bell can do it if he is healthy, but we need someone of top caliber in the secondary.

Id forego the third added player, to get a top flight player. 1 outstanding player, 1 good player beats 3 average players.

Besides, I think that Willie Pile could come in and play some safety for us. He did all right last year in Jerome Woods' absence. If we had a guy like Surtain back there, it would take even more pressure off of him.

I guess we will see what happens.

Im eating my words now though, I honestly didnt expect any of these guys on the list to be signed.

I agree. It's time to get Surtain or Smoot and THEN go bargain shopping...

the Talking Can 03-08-2005 04:21 PM

Sign a CB then move on a 2nd tier LB like, say, Simmons....

dirk digler 03-08-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufusmaqe
Why would that be?

Bell was my 3rd choice. I'm happy we finally signed somebody, but call me "less than thrilled".

Yep kinda how I feel. I am not overly excited especially since the way we treated Rolle now we go and sign an injury prone LB.