ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best QB ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159046)

kcxiv 03-02-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco
John Elway is the grestest QB to play the game..he's got the stats,m the g;lory, and the atletics. He's the total package...and the only man to live up to the hype.

I am going to agree with you on this. lol Elway had, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson and Steve Sewell for his WR's and RB. lol

I cant really comment on Brady and Manning yet. I will wait til their Careers are said and done with.

Bowser 03-02-2007 03:29 PM

Obviously, none of you dipshits have seen the m4d sk1llz I have playing Madden.

Greatest. QB. Evah.

ceebz 03-02-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco
I'm biased, but IMO the clear choice is Elway. He carried some very poor Broncos teams on his back over the years. 2nd choice would be Marino.

Montana was good, but was surrounded by some of the best players in the game at the time (thanks to no salary cap) and never had to carry a team on his back.

God I hate idiot Donkey fans..... Can you name the skill position players on Montana's first Super Bowl team?

boogblaster 03-02-2007 03:30 PM

Montana........Marino........Davis won the 2 SBs for Elway........

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster

Elway is the only QB in NFL history to not have a contributing impact to his team winning a SB. See, now this is why I love this site... I would have never known.

Garcia Bronco 03-02-2007 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogblaster

You'd be wrong about that last bit.

I won't argue with poeple that want to throw Montana as the best. He was what you want in a QB. He just didn't have the big arm. Marino was a great QB to....but no rings. Brady is awesome...and Manning is about the best in his era. Jonny U and Otto were awesome as well. You can't leave out Bradshaw either.

kcxiv 03-02-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

Greatest. QB. Evah.

first mistake is you playing that PoS of a game. lol

DomCasual 03-02-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser

Greatest. QB. Evah.

We just figured that was a given. We're really talking about the 2nd greatest here, for all intents and purposes.

I just figured that was already on the table.

sedated 03-02-2007 03:39 PM

I forgot to mention that donks fan cannot participate in this thread

ceebz 03-02-2007 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
I am going to agree with you on this. lol Elway had, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson and Steve Sewell for his WR's and RB. lol

I cant really comment on Brady and Manning yet. I will wait til their Careers are said and done with.

Yet, when Elway won his Super Bowls, John had a HoF TE and according to donk fans; a HoF WR, HoF LT, HoF RB, and HoF C.....

And Donkey fans love to discredit Montana for having talent on his team. :rolleyes:

Elway is overrated when it comes to the 'Top 5' discussions. He did help bring his team to the Super Bowl without much talent on offense but, the entire AFC was ridiculously weak. Look at those Cleveland teams, besides Earnest Byner, (who btw, gave Elway one of his SB appearances,) who else of note did the Browns have on that roster? Bernie Kosar? :rolleyes:

Mile High Mania 03-02-2007 03:53 PM

ceebz... it's back to the talent thing.

Rarely does a great QB win a SB with an average supporting cast. It's the team, baby.

Elway got there three times with an average offense and good defense... they didn't win.

Elway got there twice with a great offense and a good defense... they won.

Halfcan 03-02-2007 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomCasual
You guys should stop with the cheating thing. It makes you look stupid.

Being a Cheatin Elgay homer makes you look stoopid.

Garcia Bronco 03-02-2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz
Yet, when Elway won his Super Bowls, John had a HoF TE and according to donk fans; a HoF WR, HoF LT, HoF RB, and HoF C.....

And Donkey fans love to discredit Montana for having talent on his team. :rolleyes:

Elway is overrated when it comes to the 'Top 5' discussions. He did help bring his team to the Super Bowl without much talent on offense but, the entire AFC was ridiculously weak. Look at those Cleveland teams, besides Earnest Byner, (who btw, gave Elway one of his SB appearances,) who else of note did the Browns have on that roster? Bernie Kosar? :rolleyes:

Webster Slaughter, Mark Mosley, Mack, Kosar....these guys were one heck on an offense.

Halfcan 03-02-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix
That's a joke. Manning has what? 2 MVPs, has at least as many rings as Favre, and will break -- more likely annihilate, every record Favre has ever had or dreamed of having by the time he's done. So end of story it's going to be Manning, I guess?!

Yeah, no. Not Favre and not Manning either.

Please. you are assumming Manning stays healthy that long. The NFL can't protect him his whole career.

Manning will always be known as a cheater and crybaby.

THAT is the END OF THE STORY. Now good day to you sir!

vailpass 03-02-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Elway reminds me of Trent Dilfer. He rode a great running game and defense to a Super Bowl. Elway managed to do that once the Broncos got Terrell Davis. Good for him!

Hey everybody LOOK AT ME! I'm posting the most inane shit I can possibly dream up hoping to get a reaction.
HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME!
doucehnozzle