ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

xbarretx 02-21-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4595922)
I see...

Yeah the XBOX360 has component cables (is there better cables for that?)

My gf has a 1080p Aquos that i will be playing movies/watching it on...i personally do not have an HDTV myself but all my gaming/movie stuff is at her pad anyway.

Parents do have 3 hdtvs at their pad so im set there too hehe

well, does your 360 have HDMI in the back? if so yes. if not the only upg would be to try and find better components to use. if you get a ps3 you'll forget about 360 for a while. its a whole different experience. and no im not anti 360...that was my first next gen system. i use to swear i would never get a ps3 but alas i have turned to the dark side

http://www.creativescreenwriting.com...e%20(300w).jpg

biggunns 02-21-2008 03:12 PM

:mad:Dose anybody think unions SUCK....UAW....I do....my place of employment is a shit hole since the union showed up here....they are taking a strike vote...today!!!! WHAT THE HELL WILL THAT SOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595940)
well, does your 360 have HDMI in the back? if so yes. if not the only upg would be to try and find better components to use. if you get a ps3 you'll forget about 360 for a while. its a whole different experience. and no im not anti 360...that was my first next gen system. i use to swear i would never get a ps3 but alas i have turned to the dark side

Ahh gotcha, and i don't think it does to be honest, but i'll check. I am going to nebraska furniture mart sunday possibly to get the ps3, they have a zero interest for 18 mo's sale and i can use the card for that, rather than blow most my paycheck! stoked! :)

xbarretx 02-21-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4596142)
Ahh gotcha, and i don't think it does to be honest, but i'll check. I am going to nebraska furniture mart sunday possibly to get the ps3, they have a zero interest for 18 mo's sale and i can use the card for that, rather than blow most my paycheck! stoked! :)

remember the 40 gig has wireless too (i only mention that b/c they dont advertise it on the initial overview so dont be tricked into getting a 80 just for that), and yeah the NFM deal is good ;) GL man

Eleazar 02-21-2008 04:59 PM

If you're looking for some games to demo or something - IGN's top rated PS3 games:

Rated 9/10 or better:

Rock band - 9.4
Call of Duty 4 - 9.4
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 9.4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.3
Elder Scrolls IV, Oblivion - 9.2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 9.1
Resistance: Fall of man - 9.1
Unreal Tournament III - 9.0
Devil May Cry 4 - 9.0
Folklore - 9.0
Motorstorm - 9.0

8.5-9.0:
Burnout Paradise - 8.9
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock - 8.9
Sega Rally Revo - 8.8
Skate - 8.8
Warhawk - 8.8
Virtua Fighter 5 - 8.8
NBA Street Homecourt - 8.8
Rainbow Six: Vegas - 8.7
NHL 08 - 8.6
NHL 2K7 - 8.6
Tiger Woods 08 - 8.5

kcxiv 02-21-2008 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4595940)

There is no Dark side. I am getting a ps3 and keeping my 360. There's no way in hell am i going to part with my xbox right now. With games like GoW2 coming out. down the road with Bioshock 2 and with Prizefighter coming out. No way. There's no reason why you cant enjoy 2 consoles if you can afford them.

If your a gamer you dont care what system comes out on top as long as there is fun games to play.

Time's Yours 02-21-2008 07:00 PM

Does anybody else have linux installed yet?

I have Ubuntu on mine. It's pretty sweet.

Buck 02-21-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillip (Post 4596327)
Does anybody else have linux installed yet?

I have Ubuntu on mine. It's pretty sweet.

I was thinking about it, but I am teh sux0rz when it comes to Linux, so Ubuntu scares me.

Does the PS3 support all if the Distrobutions?

I sorta liked Mepis it was damn easy.

Sure-Oz 02-21-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596169)
remember the 40 gig has wireless too (i only mention that b/c they dont advertise it on the initial overview so dont be tricked into getting a 80 just for that), and yeah the NFM deal is good ;) GL man

Will keep that in mind, so you think i shouldn't even bother paying the extra $100 for the 80gig if i can afford to? I mean what more would an 80 gig version have besides backwards compatibility. Supposedly it is discontinued but heard some stores still carry it. I still am leaning towards the $399 40gig vers anyway.

xbarretx 02-21-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4596300)
There is no Dark side. I am getting a ps3 and keeping my 360. There's no way in hell am i going to part with my xbox right now. With games like GoW2 coming out. down the road with Bioshock 2 and with Prizefighter coming out. No way. There's no reason why you cant enjoy 2 consoles if you can afford them.

If your a gamer you dont care what system comes out on top as long as there is fun games to play.

i agree, however my dark side refrence was meant as "tongue in cheek" i have both as well. I pray for a bioshock 2 and yes Gears 2 in November. i have had my 360 since launch and its never failed *knock on wood* and its great.

as for the 2 consoles...sony was slow in getting some really awesome titles that say i must have a ps3! there changing that and continuing to improve week by week. initially its not money it was cost benefit ratio. why pay the 600 bucks if there were no games i wanted? now that tune has changed.

go 360 and go PS3!

xbarretx 02-21-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4596656)
Will keep that in mind, so you think i shouldn't even bother paying the extra $100 for the 80gig if i can afford to? I mean what more would an 80 gig version have besides backwards compatibility. Supposedly it is discontinued but heard some stores still carry it. I still am leaning towards the $399 40gig vers anyway.

thats your call bro, i stil lahve my ps2 and im workign on moving forward into ps3's-ville so the backwards compatability wasnt a huge issue. :) just getting a ps3 will make you happy regardless of the version ;)

Eleazar 02-21-2008 11:03 PM

Yellow Dog linux is the one that's officially supported I think for high definition. But I've seen pictures on the net of ubuntu or fedora running on it.

I'd do it, but I don't have a keyboard or mouse or anything, so I'm not sure what good it would do other than satisfying curiousity.

xbarretx 02-22-2008 12:42 AM

Cro and Tiny,

thanks for the games and pt's :)

i need a headset bad.

also eventually ill shake my COD4 noob status :doh!:

the one game where we won kicked :cuss: :clap:

Sure-Oz 02-22-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596688)
thats your call bro, i stil lahve my ps2 and im workign on moving forward into ps3's-ville so the backwards compatability wasnt a huge issue. :) just getting a ps3 will make you happy regardless of the version ;)

w3rd...either way sunday is ps3 day for me:D

Buck 02-22-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4596793)
Cro and Tiny,

thanks for the games and pt's :)

i need a headset bad.

also eventually ill shake my COD4 noob status :doh!:

the one game where we won kicked :cuss: :clap:

I've been trying to shake my n00b status for weeks, I suck, but its a damn fun game.

I've never won a Free For All, and the closest I have come is 2nd (once) and 3rd like 5 times.

So, I need to get better too, but yeah you need a headset, you too Tiny