ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Herm to be fired within 72 hours? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200223)

alanm 01-13-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 5386528)
Al Davis is licking his lips.... if he could produce spit...

ROFL:LOL:ROFL

boogblaster 01-13-2009 09:56 PM

Bye Herm you tried ...

KcMizzou 01-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 5388309)
While firing Herm and moving on with a new coach is something that the Chiefs need to do, I see no joy in it. None at all. Herm is a class act. Sorry to see him go out like this, but it has to happen.

It is totally the opposite of how I felt when King Carl was let go ( or stepped down they unfortunately let him put it). I was glad to see it. It made me feel good. He was so arrogant and defiant. Don't let the door hit you in the @ss Carl. I hope to hell he is never in the ring of honor...but I guess he will be.

Two justifiable firings...totally opposite feelings.

I agree with that.

I agree that he's not the man for the job, but I do think he's a hell of a good man.

Iowanian 01-13-2009 10:01 PM

If they need someone to tell him, I'm not doing much tomorrow. I'll drive to KC, pay for my own gas and do it....free of charge.

ILChief 01-13-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

While firing Herm and moving on with a new coach is something that the Chiefs need to do, I see no joy in it. None at all. Herm is a class act. Sorry to see him go out like this, but it has to happen.

It is totally the opposite of how I felt when King Carl was let go ( or stepped down they unfortunately let him put it). I was glad to see it. It made me feel good. He was so arrogant and defiant. Don't let the door hit you in the @ss Carl. I hope to hell he is never in the ring of honor...but I guess he will be.

I agree. While I don't feel sorry for him (he'll get almost $4 million for being fired) It's the assistants that really get screwed.

Skip Towne 01-13-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5388374)
If they need someone to tell him, I'm not doing much tomorrow. I'll drive to KC, pay for my own gas and do it....free of charge.

Or I could send him an email. Oh wait, he doesn't have the internet.

KCUnited 01-13-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5388385)
Or I could send him an email. Oh wait, he doesn't have the internet.

Gunther does, fire away.

Al Czervik 01-13-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

While I do think Herm is a good man, I have to disagree about the "class act" description.
Carl was the only guy with a bigger ego then Herm. And his arrogancy was on par with King Carl. He constantly blamed the players and never took any responsibility for our failures. I challenge you to go back and find just one comment from him where he says "I" after a loss. It was ALWAYS "they".......

He cant leave soon enough for me....

Reerun_KC 01-14-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Herm will become a class act when he learns to accept some responsibility for his team and coaching... Until then he is a pompus ass cheerleader tooting his own ****ing horn 99% of the time...

That classly ****ing act is tired and the sooner he is gone, the better the franchise will be...

cdcox 01-14-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 5388381)
I agree. While I don't feel sorry for him (he'll get almost $4 million for being fired) It's the assistants that really get screwed.

They'll get screwed to the tune of sitting at home for a year and getting a couple hundred grand. Or some one will pick them up. I wanted Herm and most of his side clowns gone, but I never wished them any malice nor do I feel particularly sorry about the situation. As long as they aren't pooping in my punch bowl, I'm good. Just glad its over and we are moving on.

blueballs 01-14-2009 01:57 AM

I'll be happy to see Herm go
but he did the right thing with this team
except on game day

HemiEd 01-14-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 5386351)
I bet he's already fired.

Yep, and see ya Gunther!

HemiEd 01-14-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 5388666)
While I do think Herm is a good man, I have to disagree about the "class act" description.
Carl was the only guy with a bigger ego then Herm. And his arrogancy was on par with King Carl. He constantly blamed the players and never took any responsibility for our failures. I challenge you to go back and find just one comment from him where he says "I" after a loss. It was ALWAYS "they".......

He cant leave soon enough for me....

ALWAYS the players or assistants fault, from the day he arrived. Yeah, he also put down the previous regime. He broke the chain of command, etc. etc. BUT HE IS ****ING GONE SOON, Finally we will be able to move on from this curse.

FloridaMan88 01-14-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueballs (Post 5388950)
I'll be happy to see Herm go
but he did the right thing with this team
except on game day

Annointing Brodie Croyle as QBOTF and going into TWO seasons with him as the default starter is not the "right thing".

milkman 01-14-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5389025)
Annointing Brodie Croyle as QBOTF and going into TWO seasons with him as the default starter is not the "right thing".

Herman ****ing Edwards sucked ass, and he made some mistakes as far as player evaluations are concerned, but blueballs isn't focusing on the little picture.

He may not appear too bright with his posting style, but next to you he looks like freakin' Albert Einstein.

Herman ****ing Edwards did do the right thing when he blew up the roster and went young.