ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Dickie V. picks KU to win the title next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205515)

Bearcat 04-08-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5647751)
Exactly. Roy can do in UNC what he couldn't do at KU. Which is a reflection on KU and the recruiting etc at KU. Of course KU fans like Bill Self and he won't be fired either way but the national battle for prominence is on and KU and Self need to keep up.

OMFG, this place has gone off the deep end lately.... Hansbrough hate = Roy hate, Kansas fans are bitter that Hansbrough didn't go to KU, Self was a better coach than Roy last year but now it's absolutely clear Roy is the better coach, and now Self needs to "keep up with Roy" in NCs.

Look at the short list of teams that have won more than TWO, and then come back and talk like Roy and Self need to swap National Titles to one-up each other. Roy had some great teams at Kansas that didn't sniff the FF, because the best team doesn't always win the NC. They're on two completely different courses... Self had quite a bit of work to do before winning one with his first full class at Kansas, and is on his first full reload. Roy didn't have to immediately reload, and he's already at the point of doing it again.

Quit comparing the two. Yeah, they're linked because of the time Roy spent at Kansas, but that's it. AT MOST, people would expect Self to match what Roy did at Kansas.

FFS.

Pants 04-08-2009 10:11 AM

Alrighty, then.

Buehler445 04-08-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 5650765)

This discussion is stupid.

FFS.

Fixed.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 04-08-2009 10:24 AM

I will say this. Self's teams traditionally are better on defense.

Roy's teams traditionally are better on the offensive end.

Truth be told, Roy and UNC are the perfect match. And as long as Roy keeps getting great players, UNC will continue to be great. I see Roy winning at least 2 more NC's before he's done.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-08-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5649207)
Yeah, we know he is a two faced bastard. He told us he would never leave then did so less than two years later. **** him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5649249)
He said if he ever left KU he would be either dead or retired.

http://blogs.babycenter.com/momforma...rying_baby.jpg

Jesus ****ing Christ; I have never seen a fan base that can crank it's
own pud as continuously and as often as a ****ing beaker.

"Beakubator".

Yep; I like it, and it's stickin'! :whackit:

Buehler445 04-08-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5650914)
http://blogs.babycenter.com/momforma...rying_baby.jpg

Jesus ****ing Christ; I have never seen a fan base that can crank it's
own pud as continuously and as often as a ****ing beaker.

"Beakubator".

Yep; I like it, and it's stickin'! :whackit:

What the **** does that even mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow 04-08-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5650930)
What the **** does that even mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

Who knows. I guess it's supposed to be an insult of some kind.

bluehawkdoc 04-08-2009 11:39 AM

I think he had a nerdgasm.

ArrowheadHawk 04-08-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehawkdoc (Post 5651076)
I think he had a nerdgasm.

Do what?

Fairplay 04-08-2009 05:57 PM

Serious question KU fans.

Do you think KU has the talent level next year to possibly win it all?

Buehler445 04-08-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 5652135)
Serious question KU fans.

Do you think KU has the talent level next year to possibly win it all?

Depends on the recruits they get in and how these young guys progress. Here's what I think needs to happen.
  • Collins and Aldrich return
  • Morrises get less than worthless
  • Find an elite level shooting guard - OR - PG and move Collins to SG
  • Tyshawn Taylor needs to take care of the ball. Kid is explosive but a liability.
  • There can be no drop off of defensive ability when Morningstar goes out.
  • Little needs to be used in the 3 spot. He doesn't have what it takes defensively to work down there, but has enough confidence in what he is doing to work from the outside.

If all that happens, then sure. I think a lot of our problem was we were helping the Morrises inside and get 3's bombed on our faces. Marcus I think came a long way, but they both are still worlds away from the production that is needed down low.

I think Reed and Morningstar are good players, but contributing 40 minutes, they don't get you what you need for production. But their defense is sound. I do think if they get matched up on an elite scorer they need to move to a more deny defense instead of helping low.

Little I think has a lot of talent, but he really isn't a 4 man. He doesnt have the size or strength to defend well. What I really REALLY liked about him was the defensive plays he did make were all hustle plays. Every single one of them. His level of hustle was very good.

I think Releford has an opportunity to step up. He is damn explosive but turns the ball over too much. I think in order to move to the next level of offensive production he needs to develop a jumpshot that has to be respected so he can utilize his ability to drive.

Appleton got some PT at the end of the year but I couldn't really tell what he had.

Thomas didn't get much. I don't know what he brings to the table.

I think the talent is there. It just has to get less stupid and stop folding up like a lawnchair in the 2nd half. Against good teams that shit doesn't work (see MSU, Syracuse and MU). I wasn't impressed from a team defensive standpoint. I mean the production was there, and there were some good individual efforts from Aldrich, Collins, Morningstar, and Reed, but when the D NEEDED a stop, it seemed tough to come by. That and there were way too many fouls inside (MORRIS --> YOU MOTHER ****ER(S)). Our defensive stats were solid, but there were a lot of breakdowns that aren't sustainable for a title run.

So yes, I think the talent is there. But the talent has to step up.

Fairplay 04-08-2009 06:49 PM

I thought that after Collins and Adlrich, the talent level kind of dropped off. Wasn't very impressed as a whole when they are out of the game.

But yes, i would assume next season Self will get certain individuals to start picking it up more.

Mr. Plow 04-08-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5652191)
  • Tyshawn Taylor needs to take care of the ball. Kid is explosive but a liability.

I remember thinking the same thing when Chalmers was a Freshman.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-08-2009 09:31 PM

Gawd....end this Self vs Williams talk.

Did everyone forget the final four game last year?

Here is a refresher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kesOk3hEHJQ

Self (KU) is 1-0 against Williams (UNC)...it was settled on the court.

Buehler445 04-08-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 5652699)
I remember thinking the same thing when Chalmers was a Freshman.

I think Taylor may be better at getting to the hole than Chalmers, but his shot isn't as good.

If he takes care of teh ball better, he can be mofuggin good.