ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Fall TV shows (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214385)

Buck 10-27-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6213226)
Why haven't I been watching Modern Family this whole time? I watched the pilot today and had to immediately watch episode 2 and so on until I'd watched all 5 episodes that have aired so far. Its the best TV comedy since Arrested Development.

Thats a ****ing ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one.

Reaper16 10-27-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6213376)
Thats a ****ing ringing endorsement if I've ever heard one.

Which isn't to say that it is as good as Arrested Development, but it has the potential. Each of its 5 episodes are amazingly strong.

KcMizzou 10-27-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6213422)
Which isn't to say that it is as good as Arrested Development, but it has the potential. Each of its 5 episodes are amazingly strong.

It is really good.

"You don't expect to wake up one morning with a new mom who looks like she fell off of a mud flap."

Ed O'Neill makes you forget he was Al Bundy... and the gay couple cracks me up.

"...And I was a starting offensive lineman for the University of Illinois. Surprise!"

kcxiv 10-27-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6213336)
Ted Danson + Zach Galifianakis + Marijuana = win

haha, that shit was ****ing win. i loved the part when he said he has to set his watch timer when he gets high, because Marijuana minutes are different then regular minutes. haha

007 10-27-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6200345)
Yeah, Flash Forward is starting to suck. Storyline is sooo slow.

The big mistake they are making is trying to set up a replacement for LOST. They tried to start off with a mystery right out of the gate where as LOST had plenty of drama to start off the series before they even kicked in with too much mystery.

Oh, and LOST had Abrams.

I'm still sticking it out for FF but the end of last weeks ep really pissed me off.

KevB 10-27-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 6213477)
It is really good.

"...And I was a starting offensive lineman for the University of Illinois. Surprise!"

That guy is a KStater and is straight as an arrow.

KcMizzou 10-27-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 6213609)
That guy is a KStater and is straight as an arrow.

Hell of an actor then.... either way, it works. He's hilarious.

OmahaChief 10-28-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6213304)
Aside from it being a poor man's LOST, I'm curious as to why you're finding Flash Forward hard to watch?

I don't paticularly care for the acting in a good portion of it. I really liked the frist two episodes that set it up but it seems to be moving slowly now. I tired on the flash backs and forwards in LOST so to have them in another show where it is the entire storyline just irks me. My other thought is it just seems to be lacking something that makes we want to come back. I am not left saying...Damn the hour is over already like I am with Fringe or Sons of Anarchy or for that matter Modern Family.

irishjayhawk 10-28-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 6214481)
I don't paticularly care for the acting in a good portion of it. I really liked the frist two episodes that set it up but it seems to be moving slowly now. I tired on the flash backs and forwards in LOST so to have them in another show where it is the entire storyline just irks me. My other thought is it just seems to be lacking something that makes we want to come back. I am not left saying...Damn the hour is over already like I am with Fringe or Sons of Anarchy or for that matter Modern Family.

Is Fringe still good? I tried finding a torrent of the first season because it's not available on hulu but no avail.

At Reaper's recommendation - comparison [to AD], really - I watched the first two episodes of Modern Family. Hilarious. Definitely keeping it throughout the season.

OmahaChief 10-28-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6216067)
Is Fringe still good? I tried finding a torrent of the first season because it's not available on hulu but no avail.

At Reaper's recommendation - comparison [to AD], really - I watched the first two episodes of Modern Family. Hilarious. Definitely keeping it throughout the season.

Fringe in my opinion is great. One of the best shows on TV but I like the Sci Fi type of stuff

irishjayhawk 10-28-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 6216071)
Fringe in my opinion is great. One of the best shows on TV but I like the Sci Fi type of stuff

Well I watched from the premiere til like 8 episodes in and decided it wasn't going anywhere and dropped it. Little did I know that it would blow up and become a hit and actually went somewhere.

Buck 10-28-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6216081)
Well I watched from the premiere til like 8 episodes in and decided it wasn't going anywhere and dropped it. Little did I know that it would blow up and become a hit and actually went somewhere.

I heard it got an actual story arc after a while.

I am limping through it on DVD, as I stopped watching it after about 6 episodes on TV. I think I'm through 7 now on DVD...

DaneMcCloud 10-28-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6216081)

IMO, it's back to going nowhere.

I could barely sit through the past few episodes.

irishjayhawk 10-28-2009 10:57 PM

Caught up on Modern Family. Even tonight's. I can definitely see why the AD comparison would come up. I wouldn't call it equal - yet - but it's got potential.

blazzin311 10-29-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6216412)
Caught up on Modern Family. Even tonight's. I can definitely see why the AD comparison would come up. I wouldn't call it equal - yet - but it's got potential.

Hell yeah. This show has a ton of potential. Every episode had been hilarious thus far. Definitely my favorite new show of the fall season that's for sure. I think The League on FX might have some potential too. I guess we'll have to wait until tonight to find out.