ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Vicodin, Does it work for you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215898)

Bowser 11-14-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9119457)
Doctors have me on Vicodin and Flexeril for a strained muscle. Was constipated for 4 days and finally just pooped. Felt good to poop again.

The vicodins really help my pain. I only need to take 1.

Double or triple flush? Or did you need the plunger?

lcarus 11-14-2012 08:35 PM

I've been on oxycodone for a long time now. Being dependent on them really sucks. A couple months ago some turd burglar stole a bunch of my pills. I had to go a week or more without anything and it really wasn't any fun. It's like having the flu sorta but not being able to sleep, being depressed as all hell, and not having the energy or mindset to do a damn thing.

ROYC75 11-14-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9119542)
I've been on oxycodone for a long time now. Being dependent on them really sucks. A couple months ago some turd burglar stole a bunch of my pills. I had to go a week or more without anything and it really wasn't any fun. It's like having the flu sorta but not being able to sleep, being depressed as all hell, and not having the energy or mindset to do a damn thing.

Oh snap, no freaking way I could do that. I would have to make a trip to the ER nightly to get to sleep, working during the day would be a major, major issue.

Living on 4 - 10 mgs oxycodone & 4 - 800 Nuerotin isn't enough to kill the pain, going without anything would be suicide for me. Too much pain in so many areas t combat without some type of help.

Donger 11-14-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9119457)
Doctors have me on Vicodin and Flexeril for a strained muscle.

Are you serious?

Buck 11-14-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9119589)
Are you serious?

Very intense pain. It is more than necessary.

kcxiv 11-14-2012 09:11 PM

my dad has to take pain meds for his legs, cause he's diabetic, he's always saying his legs hurt, but now he smokes weed and he says it takes the pain completely away. its a good thing, because he was hurting bad.

In58men 11-14-2012 09:20 PM

Damn this is pretty funny. I had tendonitis in my foot and they gave me Vicodin. It didnt work for shit. I took upped my dosage to 3 pills, still nothing. They've always been worthless to me.

NewChief 11-14-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9119601)
Very intense pain. It is more than necessary.

Flexeril are ****ing worthless. Seriously.

TribalElder 11-14-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 6156300)
The danger of taking too much Vicodin is that it has a shitload of acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it and if you take more than 4000mg of Tylenol a day for for too long, your liver will go to shit and I mean SHIT. FDA is about to change a lot of laws regarding combination meds (with Tylenol) due to massive amounts of liver failures. .

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6156665)
Vicodin will help your pain, but it never really gave me a buzz, unless alcohol is involved.

True

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscraze (Post 6156947)
Pay attention to the earlier post on Vicodin. The 7.5's have 750mg of Acetaminophen. You cannot take more than 1000mg of acetaminophin every 6 hours or your liver will have damage...no kidding. Taking 3 of these means you have taken 2250 mg of it at one time. Anymore than 4 grams in 24 hours and you are asking for serious trouble. It doesn't take much over the 4 grams in 24 hours (4000mg) to damage most peoples livers. Add some alcohol on top of that and it is even worse. I used to sell pain medications and ER doc's will tell you how many patients come into the ER with liver failure because they ingest too many med's that they don't realize have acetaminophen in them at the same time.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/30232869.jpg

Bugeater 11-14-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9119524)
Double or triple flush? Or did you need the plunger?

Asshole probably ended up having to call maintenance.

xztop12 11-14-2012 09:55 PM

No it does not. But a less potent narcotic tramadol does a lot for me. Its just how my body metabolizes them. Oxycontin and Tramadol are similar for me.

NewChief 11-14-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop12 (Post 9119770)
No it does not. But a less potent narcotic tramadol does a lot for me. Its just how my body metabolizes them. Oxycontin and Tramadol are similar for me.

You're lucky, because tramadol possesses a fraction of the addictive potential of true opiates (as you probably know).

DrunkBassGuitar 11-14-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6155831)
I've taken 2, and feel nothing. I'm thinking about taking another one and cracking a beer. Think I should?

be careful. opiates and alcohol have a synergistic effect and the acetaminophen and alcohol combination is very hard on your liver.

edit: nevermind this has all been covered

Carlota69 11-14-2012 10:46 PM

Interesting and very timely subject for me.

I jacked up my knee a month ago and I am going to need surgery. The thing that scares me the most is hAving to take pain pills. I have never taken anything stronger than plain ol tylenol or Motrin. I've had my wisdom teeth pulled and some of my female parts taken and I did not take pain pills after those surgeries. I'm gathering howeve, after a full ACL replacement and miniscus clean up, I'm going to need pain pills. Vicodeine is what my doctor told me he was going to subscribe.

I'm even looking into medical marijuana as an alternative. I really don't want to take pain pills. Shit makes me nervous. I don't want to get sick cuz that would suck right after knee surgery, and I don't want to fall in love with them either. I have an addictive personality.

The whole idea just sucks....

Carlota69 11-14-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9119827)
You're lucky, because tramadol possesses a fraction of the addictive potential of true opiates (as you probably know).

I read that tramadol has some seriously ****ed up side effects. Scared me.