ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 2010 USA TODAY Coaches Preseason Poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231663)

BWillie 08-24-2010 02:48 PM

All I know is if nobody goes undefeated except Boise State and TCU, and they play for the National Title. I will laugh my ass off. It will be great hilarious fun shoved up the BCS's asses. Unless Iowa only has one loss, then I will be upset.

vailpass 08-24-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6952843)
All I know is if nobody goes undefeated except Boise State and TCU, and they play for the National Title. I will laugh my ass off. It will be great hilarious fun shoved up the BCS's asses. Unless Iowa only has one loss, then I will be upset.

Yes that would surely spell the end of the BCS. No way those two get into the title game, someone would pull some strings or fix something or have someone offed.

Reerun_KC 08-24-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6952331)
That's what I'm hoping for.

I think everyone is hoping for that. Boise St destroys the integrity of the BCS system and there isnt one BCS school that wants anything to do with Boise St...

DaKCMan AP 08-24-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6953223)
I think everyone is hoping for that. Boise St destroys the integrity of the BCS system and there isnt one BCS school that wants anything to do with Boise St...

Boise State does nothing but serve as a rallying cry for non-power teams who want to play a garbage schedule and waltz to a championship game.

Saul Good 08-24-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6952488)
That's just what the BSU PR team wants you to believe. The truth is that Boise State is demanding much higher payouts than the typical cupcakes that BCS teams schedule and sometimes requiring a home-and-home series. They can't complain about teams not wanting to schedule them while at the same time making demands that those teams are not willing to meet. I heard that Nebraska has/had offered a 3-year series (2 in Lincoln, 1 in Boise) starting in 2015 but the little smurfs haven't accepted.

Boise State isn't a typical cupcake team. Why wouldn't they get more? Nebraska should play 2 in Boise.

DaKCMan AP 08-24-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 6953287)
Boise State isn't a typical cupcake team. Why wouldn't they get more? Nebraska should play 2 in Boise.

Because cupcakes get more $$ to travel than non-cupcakes. When BCS teams play out of conference games they get less $$ than a cupcake gets. Teams pay cupcakes more $$ because it's like buying a win. Boise State can't have it both ways. They can't claim to be one of the 'big boy's' and demand the pay of a 'cupcake'.

Dylan 08-24-2010 08:27 PM

Where's the NFL coaches pole? http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-3587.gif

Saul Good 08-24-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 6953300)
Because cupcakes get more $$ to travel than non-cupcakes. When BCS teams play out of conference games they get less $$ than a cupcake gets. Teams pay cupcakes more $$ because it's like buying a win. Boise State can't have it both ways. They can't claim to be one of the 'big boy's' and demand the pay of a 'cupcake'.

They get more to travel because they don't get a home game in return. Boise should either get equal home games or more $$$.

DaKCMan AP 08-24-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 6953309)
They get more to travel because they don't get a home game in return. Boise should either get equal home games or more $$$.

Big boy teams don't get as much money as cupcakes. For example, in 2008 Virginia Tech traveled to Nebraska. Nebraska paid VT $300,000. San Jose State and Western Michigan also traveled to Nebraska, but each of them got $800,000.

I can give you countless examples of how big boy teams don't get the same $$ as cupcakes.

Boise State can't ask for more money and then claim to be a big boy.

Bambi 08-24-2010 09:03 PM

Kinda hard to say who's going to be great this year. With all the QB turnover it's kind of a toss up. I think the AP got #1 and #2 right but after that who knows.

There's always a good 5-6 loss team or two in the top ten to start every year. Wonder who it's going to be this season.