ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Sends Videos to All Teams of Legal/Illegal Hits -- and here it is (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=235527)

vailpass 10-22-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veist (Post 7108168)
You want to compare it to racing, it'd be like getting guys to wear the HANS which took more than a dozen deaths--from injuries it specifically is designed to prevent--in major racing before being fully mandated by all major racing sanctioning bodies.

[B]
Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7108072)
Don't interject NASCAR facts into this football thread like people actually care.

[/B]

n00b

Donger 10-22-2010 04:20 PM

NASCAR is horrible. Formula One is far superior in every way.

Pablo 10-22-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7108176)
NASCAR is horrible. Formula One is far superior in every way.

Incorrect. They're both automobile racing. Which, by default, is boring as shit.

-King- 10-22-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7108183)
Incorrect. They're both automobile racing. Which, by default, is boring as shit.

ROFLROFLROFL This.

patteeu 10-22-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7106249)
The way I have seen launching defined is any upward motion. Hell, Lewis technically left his feet in that hit too.

That Ray Lewis guy gets away with murder.

kcfanXIII 10-23-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 7107692)
See the restrictor plate races at Daytona and Talledega. :D

that limit them to just under 200 mph? ya, i was referring to more like a 100 mph speed limit.

edit: just making a metaphor how boring it will be watching 68-61 arena league type scores, not trying to hijack.

redgoldexpress 10-23-2010 12:59 PM

i have a quick question then if all contact to the head is illegal, every running back that stiff-arms a would be tackler should be fined and suspended as well. The way I see it is a defender never knows when you will put your hand on the head and jar the defenders neck backwards, so i believe that would be a defenseless player.

GloryDayz 10-24-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7106643)
You aren't getting the concept of defensless. A D-Lineman is in a battle from the snap, knows what's in front of him etc...Rarely does a D-lineman or O-lineman get concussion because the most common injuries are people rolling up on their legs.

A receiver running a route focused on the ball doesn't necessarily know what's coming and they get smashed high to separate them from the ball. There is a difference.

When you get rolled up from behind, you weren't defenseless? I disagree. You aren't engaged with the player who hurts you, so i'd say you're more defenseless than the WR who should know the coverage and should expect a hit from "that" direction. And I liked What Howie Long said today, you can tell he played for a year ot two... And at the half ot today's game, they sure did ge tthe affect they were looking for!