ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Hollywood is bringing back 'The Lone Ranger' in 2012! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236954)

Donger 11-17-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179230)
Quite honestly, I think all of the Jack Ryan movies, save for "Red October" are boring, lame and uninteresting.

Absolutely agree.

Donger 11-17-2010 01:13 PM

This thread is a little ghey.

Frazod 11-17-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179471)
Absolutely agree.

I really liked Clear and Present Danger, but Patriot Games and Sum of All Fears sucked balls.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7179407)
It's a Disney film, Tom. It doesn't get much more "family oriented" than that.

Like I said. I'll wait and see. You can buy the status quo if you must. I always verify before I take my grandkids to the "family oriented" movies of today. Many of them don't pass muster.

RealSNR 11-17-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179530)
Like I said. I'll wait and see. You can buy the status quo if you must. I always verify before I take my grandkids to the "family oriented" movies of today. Many of them don't pass muster.

Just curious, but what would pass as a family-oriented Lone Ranger movie? I mean, it would be an action western. A little bit of violence would be necessary to make this film.

DaneMcCloud 11-17-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179530)

Outside side of animated films, you're correct: There are very few "G" rated movies released these days. Most of those films are either network or direct to DVD releases.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7179543)
Just curious, but what would pass as a family-oriented Lone Ranger movie? I mean, it would be an action western. A little bit of violence would be necessary to make this film.

I don't take my kids to films that use profanity. I don't take my kids to films that have women in titilating attire. I don't take my kids to films that have what I consider excessive blood and gore.

You get to choose how you review films for your kids and I get to choose how I review films for mine.

It's not really an argument, but a choice my wife and I made long ago.

Donger 11-17-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7179497)
I really liked Clear and Present Danger, but Patriot Games and Sum of All Fears sucked balls.

I liked Patriot Games the most of after Red October, but mostly because it involved killing Irishmen.

RealSNR 11-17-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179569)
I don't take my kids to films that use profanity. I don't take my kids to films that have women in titilating attire. I don't take my kids to films that have what I consider excessive blood and gore.

You get to choose how you review films for your kids and I get to choose how I review films for mine.

It's not really an argument, but a choice my wife and I made long ago.

It never was an argument. I was just asking.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 7179571)
I liked Patriot Games the most of after Red October, but mostly because it involved killing Irishmen.

Have you read Red Storm Rising? I don't know how difficult it would be to make that into a movie, but it would be red hot with action.

I started The Hunt for Red October first and was kind of bored after the first couple of chapters. I switched to Red Storm Rising and it lit the fuse in the first chapter and flamed on for the rest of the book. Then I went back to Red October. When I saw the movie I was somewhat disappointed but it was good. I liked the way they changed from Russian to English, kind of a unique way to remove the subtitles.

Norman Einstein 11-17-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7179583)
It never was an argument. I was just asking.

Didn't mean to infer it was, just pointing out it was a choice.

Inspector 11-17-2010 02:02 PM

They should continue to keep the gay love between the lone ranger and tonto behind the scenes.

NTTAWWT

Donger 11-17-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Einstein (Post 7179585)
Have you read Red Storm Rising? I don't know how difficult it would be to make that into a movie, but it would be red hot with action.

I started The Hunt for Red October first and was kind of bored after the first couple of chapters. I switched to Red Storm Rising and it lit the fuse in the first chapter and flamed on for the rest of the book. Then I went back to Red October. When I saw the movie I was somewhat disappointed but it was good. I liked the way they changed from Russian to English, kind of a unique way to remove the subtitles.

Yes, I've read them all. Red Storm Rising was co-written with Larry Bond. I highly recommend Bond's books if you like the genre.

kysirsoze 11-17-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7179283)
My choices (in order of slight preference):

2- Sam Worthington

http://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/u...00-590x393.jpg

Why in the blue **** would anyone suggest this guy?? He had a run of movies cause he was cheap and they didn't need a good actor distracting from the pretty lights. This guy has to be the least interesting screen presence in the history of Hollywood. If he was cast there is 0% chance I would see this movie.

As it is, if this movie is really being done by Disney, it IS going to kid friendly. Bank on it. It sucks, cause this could be updated into a pretty awesome western.

Baby Lee 11-17-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 7178524)
I was thinking just the other day that it would be great if the TV people could produce a Western or two. Everything is crime solving nowadays. A good Western would be nice. Maybe one with an Indian tribe that is harboring space aliens, or something.

FAX

Justified has a real western air to it. Not really a western, it's a show about a hot head US Marshal facing off against criminals in his hometown in Western Kentucky, sent back there after his hot headedness got in in trouble in Miami.

So it has a southern/redneck vibe more than ol' El Paso vibe, but the lead character has all those 'white hat wearin', fast drawin', quick thinkin', law and order' tropes with complicated drives regarding womenfolk and their protection.

EDIT TO ADD: In case you are unfamilar, that Head Shot of Olyphant above is a promo shot for him as his character in Justified.