ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Pants 03-24-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7514287)
Okay, this may be the deciding factor for me: can someone kill you with their knife by magically lunging at you from 20 feet away?

It's the opposite in BC2, lol. You can be right behind someone, slash them in the back and it won't register.

COD definitely takes more skill to be good at, BF is nice because it's so wide open and there's very little camping and when there is, it's largely ineffective.

Pants 03-24-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7514264)
I play solo every night.

Most everyone who plays understands the concept of the squad.

This is simply untrue. Sometimes there MIGHT be a guy with a mic on in your random squad and you can half-ass do something with him, most of the time it's just a bunch of idiots randomly running around after spawning on you. If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

WV 03-24-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514313)
This is simply untrue. Sometimes there MIGHT be a guy with a mic on in your random squad and you can half-ass do something with him, most of the time it's just a bunch of idiots randomly running around after spawning on you. If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

It is hard to find a good squad when playing with randoms. The worst part is when your put in a squad with three other wookies. Freaking pisses me off. That said....I can usually still find good games with randoms, just takes a few matches sometimes. I'm no expert and have only had the game for a few months (rank 27 I think), but it does take some getting used to from the COD series in a lot of ways.

Bambi 03-24-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514313)
If you get to an objective by yourself, they might spawn on you and actually stay to get the points and then run off.

Oh I love doing that!

Kraus 03-24-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7514287)
Okay, this may be the deciding factor for me: can someone kill you with their knife by magically lunging at you from 20 feet away?

What Pants said... it might take a couple tries for the knife to register. One of the major glitches with the game. Besides that, I love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7514367)
It is hard to find a good squad when playing with randoms. The worst part is when your put in a squad with three other wookies.

Here is a tip, when you're team is full of wookies and most likely losing badly, look at the scoreboard and find somebody on the other team. Go to your friends list, tab over to "Recent Players" or something like that, click on the person's name and click "join session in progress." Boom! You're on the other team. And you most likely know where all your old team is camping. Easy knife kills (DOGTAGS!!!)

I have no shame about switching teams if my team is reeruned.

kepp 03-25-2011 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7514301)
It's the opposite in BC2, lol. You can be right behind someone, slash them in the back and it won't register.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7515539)
What Pants said... it might take a couple tries for the knife to register. One of the major glitches with the game. Besides that, I love it.

I haven't played it yet, obviously, but I suspect I'd much rather have this be the case than what happens in black ops.

DMAC 03-25-2011 07:38 AM

This is going to take some getting used to

WV 03-25-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7515763)
This is going to take some getting used to

There's definitely a knack to it and it's pretty clear in games who has it and who doesn't! My scores fluctuate a good bit....couple good games, one great one, and three stinkers. I'm only a 27 though, get a group of 50's in your game and you quickly find out.

WV 03-25-2011 08:27 AM

Sidenote......anyone on with an Android phone you can add this app 1337pwn.com and it let's you know when your friends are online playing (XBox anyway). Works pretty well.

Pants 03-25-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7515818)
There's definitely a knack to it and it's pretty clear in games who has it and who doesn't! My scores fluctuate a good bit....couple good games, one great one, and three stinkers. I'm only a 27 though, get a group of 50's in your game and you quickly find out.

What's your PPM? I think I was right around 250 when I stopped playing.

WV 03-25-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7515870)
What's your PPM? I think I was right around 250 when I stopped playing.

Not sure where to find my PPM (points per match I assume)?? Looking on statsverse....Here's my stats, as you can see I'm not that great. You can look up anybody on this site if you know their gamertag.

DMAC 03-25-2011 09:12 AM

...lookin gooooood

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/Hytee-Dytee/

Pants 03-25-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7515897)
Not sure where to find my PPM (points per match I assume)?? Looking on statsverse....Here's my stats, as you can see I'm not that great. You can look up anybody on this site if you know their gamertag.

Yeah, it's actually called score per minute, sorry about that.

Here's mine.

It still pisses me off that I don't have the "All Bronze" insignias. Such ****ing bullshit, every gun is a goddamn gold star and somehow the Insignia is still locked.

WV 03-25-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7515905)
Yeah, it's actually called score per minute, sorry about that.

Here's mine.

It still pisses me off that I don't have the "All Bronze" insignias. Such ****ing bullshit, every gun is a goddamn gold star and somehow the Insignia is still locked.

Yeah your doing great....I think I'm doing OK for the time I've been playing, but of course I'd like to be better. Practice!

WV 03-25-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7515901)

Nice! It had a pretty steep learning curve as some others have mentioned.