ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

vailpass 04-26-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592139)
The NFL is unlike any other business.

You mean they should be allowed special consideration in dealing with their labor force?

patteeu 04-26-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592109)
So who would replace the players?

Other players

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592151)
Other players

LMAO

patteeu 04-26-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592121)
:spock: This shit again? Stupid. ****ing. Argument.

I forgot, players like Manning and Brady grow on trees. :rolleyes:

If you didn't have Manning and Brady, you'd have someone else like Branning and Mady come along. The league is doing alright without Elway and Montana, isn't it?

-King- 04-26-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592151)
Other players

You realize how hard it is to find a player like 2.7 Larry Johnson much less find a player like Peyton Manning?

milkman 04-26-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592156)
If you didn't have Manning and Brady, you'd have someone else like Branning and Mady come along. The league is doing alright without Elway and Montana, isn't it?

You are talking about the normal player turnover vs. a complete purge of rosters.

Entirely different situation.

But then I think you're smart enough to recognize that, and you are only being stupid by choice.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592156)

Dude. :shake:

MOhillbilly 04-26-2011 11:05 AM

some dumbass shit in this here thread.

patteeu 04-26-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592164)
You realize how hard it is to find a player like 2.7 Larry Johnson much less find a player like Peyton Manning?

Why is college football so popular with all those inferior players?

How would the NFL have survived if John Elway had decided to play baseball instead of playing football? Surely there are other top athletes that choose a different sport over the NFL but somehow we don't notice the absence.

The majority of the current player pool will turn over within a few years anyway. The players are far more replaceable than the owners who have created this league and managed to shepherd it into becoming the top American professional sport.

milkman 04-26-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592190)

How would the NFL have survived if John Elway had decided to play baseball instead of playing football? Surely there are other top athletes that choose a different sport over the NFL but somehow we don't notice the absence.

The majority of the current player pool will turn over within a few years anyway. The players are far more replaceable than the owners who have created this league and managed to shepherd it into becoming the top American professional sport.

Once again.

Natural turnover process vs. replacing every player in a singular stroke.

-King- 04-26-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592190)

The atmosphere.

Surely you can't be this dumb. Theres a reason less than 10% of college football players go to the NFL.

patteeu 04-26-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592165)
You are talking about the normal player turnover vs. a complete purge of rosters.

Entirely different situation.

But then I think you're smart enough to recognize that, and you are only being stupid by choice.

No, I'm talking about the fact that the current players are more expendable than the owners are.

patteeu 04-26-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592206)
The atmosphere.

Surely you can't be this dumb. Theres a reason less than 10% of college football players go to the NFL.

Of course there's a reason. They aren't as good. But that doesn't mean that the NFL couldn't restock and rebuild easier than the current players could partner with alternative billionaires to build a new league.

And no, atmosphere isn't the only reason college football is popular. It's popular because they play an exciting game despite their inferior players.

tk13 04-26-2011 11:19 AM

I can't believe anyone still argues with patteeu. Its obvious 90% of the time he's out just to yank your chain. I actually agree, the owners own the teams... if they want to start over with new players they have the right to do that. I think you could argue that guys like Casey Printers and Drew Tate aren't going to bring the star power of Brady and Manning... but if that's what the owners want, it's their business.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592227)
No, I'm talking about the fact that the current players are more expendable than the owners are.

No. Anyone can 'Own' an NFL franchise. Not many can play football at the level of an NFL player.