ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254961)

Lzen 01-12-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288370)
We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl.

A draft pick QB can give us a 10 year window of opportunity to go to the big show.

A retread gives us two years window of opportunity to suck in the playoffs & fail to win anything beyond a divisional title.

You don't know that. Hell, Montana was 1 game away from getting us there. I still wonder how that game would have turned out if he hadn't gotten knocked out with a concussion.

Rasputin 01-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8288397)
Well, the last time KC won a Playoff game was with a Re-Treaded Joe Montana (18 ****ing years ago!). We got all the way to the AFC Championship Game. If we can do something similar with Manning.....where shall I sign?

And what good was Montana to us the year after that?

htismaqe 01-12-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288407)

If we make it to the Super Bowl, who ****ing cares?

Rasputin 01-12-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8288405)
You don't know that. Hell, Montana was 1 game away from getting us there. I still wonder how that game would have turned out if he hadn't gotten knocked out with a concussion.

Montana suffered from concussion.

Hmmm...

Not as bad as a let's say broken neck?

ChiTown 01-12-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Why in the F does that even matter? Seriously, sometimes I think our fans are misguided as to the purpose of Modern Day Professional Sports: It's Win Now!

suds79 01-12-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Nothing. It was a short term deal as this would be. We all accept that.

It would still be worth it given a lot of us think he could at the very least get us to the AFC championship game.

.. And if Peyton ends up being a free agent, then there's absolutely no reason not to try.

Hammock Parties 01-12-2012 11:50 AM

There's no rookie 1st round QB coming this year, and if we're in position to get one next year, 2012 was likely a huge ****ing fail.

Might as well get Manning for a year or two.

RustShack 01-12-2012 11:52 AM

**** it guys. Lets not bring in a QB who would instantly make us a Super Bowl team. Lets just cry when Luck and RG3 are gone and then just keep doing what we do and not win a playoff game. Maybe we decide to reach for a QB, then cry in the future when hes a bust.

JD10367 01-12-2012 11:57 AM

No one knows if Manning is even going to be 100% healthy. Even if he is, he's a year older, a year away from the game, and one hit away from retirement. And he'll cost a king's ransom in money and/or draft picks. A team needs to be pretty close to playoff-caliber for signing Peyton to make sense.

IMO the best fit for him is the Titans. Next would be the Jets. Third would be the Cowboys, if they give up on Romo.

After those three, the pool of possibilities would be Oakland, KC, Chicago, and Arizona.

RustShack 01-12-2012 12:00 PM

How are the Chiefs not a good fit? We have the best running game and defense he will have ever played with bar none. Our WR's Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston to go with TE Moeaki are more than enough for him, especially since he makes any no name look good.

Hammock Parties 01-12-2012 12:01 PM

The Titans are handing the reins to Locker, there's no way they'd go after Manning. Don't see him in Dallas, because Jerry loves Romo. Jets, maybe.

Raiders have too much invested in Palmer, Bears too much in Cutler.

Rasputin 01-12-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288411)
If we make it to the Super Bowl, who ****ing cares?

Well the big "if". If Manning would deliver us a Super Bowl I would go out of my way to see him and give him a huge kiss on the lips. (not gay((nttawwt))

However I don't believe that he will get the job done. I have wanted a draft pick QB be our guy from when Steve Deberg left us. I want our own home grown QB that we can enjoy year after year that gets better with time on our side. Time has never been on our side with the retread QBs & I don't care if it's Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. They are not the solution to bring us a Super Bowl championship. Time runs short with them when they come to KC and the "if" factor becomes reality when they fail to bring us a Super Bowl and we are right where we are the day Carl Peterson took over.

JD10367 01-12-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8288454)
How are the Chiefs not a good fit? We have the best running game and defense he will have ever played with bar none. Our WR's Bowe, Baldwin, and Breaston to go with TE Moeaki are more than enough for him, especially since he makes any no name look good.

Valid points. I'm just not sure the Chiefs are ready to part with the money (given their cheap history) and/or picks it would take to get him.

And I guess we'd have to know what the deal is with Stanzi. If they actually think he's the real deal and could develop into a very solid QB, then they could risk going for Peyton because if something bad happens Stanzi could take over in a season or two. But if they think Stanzi was a wasted pick, and have to go looking for another young QB to groom, then signing Peyton could simply set them back a few more seasons.

Chiefnj2 01-12-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8288454)

KC had one of the worst run blocking lines in the league last year. There will likely be turnover in at least two OL spots. KC is relying on a back coming off of ACL surgery to improve the run game.

Bowe isn't locked up yet, Moeaki has always been hurt and is coming off a serious injury, and Baldwin is still a huge unknown.

Plus, there hasn't been any sort of stability with the coaching and offense.

It's not a pretty or stable situation.

Demonpenz 01-12-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8288120)
TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY! The Gunslinging Giraffe draws first blood. /Holtus

LMAO