ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Rumors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258830)

OnTheWarpath15 04-25-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565357)
Tannehill's been projected in the top 10 for almost two months now. Gilmore has been considered in that spot for about a week.

Little bit of a difference there.

There's no difference. Both are being artifically overrated.

How long has the CFB season been over?

Was Tannehill considered a Top-10 pick in November - you know, when he was actually playing?

This place would have gone DefCon ****ing 5 had someone suggested - back in Nov./Dec. - taking Tannehill with the 11th pick.

Now, simply because guys like Barkley and Jones went back to school, it's perfectly acceptable.

Amazing how the guy improved by a round and a half without taking a single snap.

-King- 04-25-2012 01:28 PM

While I'm not against drafting Tannehill, its hilarious that some people think that he shot up the boards because of his play.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 04-25-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8565380)

Was Tannehill considered a Top-10 pick in November - you know, when he was actually playing?

This place would have gone DefCon ****ing 5 had someone suggested - back in Nov./Dec. - taking Tannehill with the 11th pick.

Now, simply because guys like Barkley and Jones went back to school, it's perfectly acceptable.

Amazing how the guy improved by a round and a half without taking a single snap.

Late risers always scare me, the guys who boom up around the senior bowl or the combine.

OnTheWarpath15 04-25-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565391)
Late risers always scare me, the guys who boom up around the senior bowl or the combine.

Or the time that some premier players at the position decide to return to college.

Brock 04-25-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

What are we missing out on if he busts?

OnTheWarpath15 04-25-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8565399)

The ability to take a legitimate QB over the next 4-5 years?

keg in kc 04-25-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

In my perfect absolutely not real and likely impossible world, the ability to gain a first round pick by trading either into the late first or completely out of the round.

Just once I want to go into a draft with some upward mobility, particularly a draft that a year out looks strong at QB.

I don't think there's any realistic chance it happens.

BigMeatballDave 04-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8565351)
Would you and others like you stfu?! Your just stupid and clueless.

:LOL:

OnTheWarpath15 04-25-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565409)
In my perfect absolutely not real and likely impossible world, the ability to gain a first round pick by trading either into the late first or completely out of the round.

Just once I want to go into a draft with some upward mobility, particularly a draft that a year out looks strong at QB.

I don't think there's any realistic chance it happens.

This too.

I gotta give it to this fanbase.

For years, no one has been "worth it" at the QB position.

Now people are willing to settle for an inferior prospect.

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

a game changing guard?

evolve27 04-25-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8564590)
LMAO @ this thread.

LMAO

keg in kc 04-25-2012 01:39 PM

This is probably in one of the tannehill threads, blurb from yesterday morning, but I don't feel like digging and need to get my slacking ass to work. Like him or not, he's probably going to be one of the more interesting stories to watch tomorrow night.
Quote:

Where will Tannehill go?

While the early draft buildup surrounded Luck and Griffin, the passing debate recently has been about Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The 6-foot-4, former receiver has been a starter for less than two seasons, completing 62 percent of his passes and collecting 29 touchdowns against 15 interceptions as a senior.

He's considered the third-best quarterback, capable of going No. 4 to the Browns, No. 8 to the Miami Dolphins or who-knows-where after that? Precisely where the rangy athlete ends up could have wide-ranging ramifications.

"Wherever somebody had him, that's probably where they still have him," Browns GM Tom Heckert told reporters this week. "He is a good player and he's obviously very new to the position, having played wide receiver. He is a good football player."

If Tannehill is left for the Dolphins at No. 8, perhaps they reunite him with former Texas A&M coach and current Dolphins offensive coordinator Mike Sherman. The former Aggies head man hasn't returned calls from opposing scouts recently to discuss his prospect, forcing the league to guess about his feelings for Tannehill.

"The one that's gonna shake things up is Tannehill," one high-ranking AFC personnel chief said. "I don't think a lot of teams think of him as a first-round pick. I can see a situation where he doesn't go at all in the top 20. That's really going to change things. You got a guy who started for a year and a half. He hasn't really been, from a team perspective, a winning quarterback. He's got good numbers, there's a lot of things there (to like). But they lost a lot of games in the fourth quarter. Why is he not pulling things out? Why are they losing games?"

The official doesn't list Tannehill as a top-20 prospect, and neither does at least one other AFC team. Do the Dolphins? Maybe. But what if Sherman isn't as big a fan as it seems?

One decision maker, who would not be named, painted an interesting scenario, where the mercurial Dolphins pass on Tannehill. What then?

"If Miami doesn't grab him, and they got Mike Sherman there, the teams behind them are going to start questioning, what the hell are we doing taking him?" he said. "If his own coach won't take him, why are we taking him?
Maybe a bit of uncertainty there, in terms of who has him where on their board.

On the flip side, one team values him in the top 10, and it can change things dramatically.

RealSNR 04-25-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Desperation's the new name of the game. It elevated Christian Ponder 10-15 slots. But at least Ponder was a late first/early second round guy after the college football season ended.

How long were we talking about Andy Dalton in the 4th round? How long did it take for people to suggest that teams take him in the late 1st/early 2nd? It took way longer for that to happen than it took for teams to overrate Tannehill.

Colin Kaepernick? Some people thought he was 5th/6th round material. He probably still is. Went in the early 2nd to Jim ****ing Harbaugh and San Francisco.

That doesn't mean the guy is poison. It just means teams are desperate. Tannehill was considered late first round very early on in the draft process. His meteoric rise to the top 10 was fueled by Barkley and Jones staying in school, sure, but that doesn't mean teams were going to forget about the guy and not scout him out. There's a reason why lots of teams like him, and it's not just because he's lucky to be the 3rd best guy.

You'd rather take the projected 3rd round CB over the projected late 1st round QB in the top 10?

RealSNR 04-25-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8565420)
This too.

I gotta give it to this fanbase.

For years, no one has been "worth it" at the QB position.

Now people are willing to settle for an inferior prospect.

"Next year's QB class is much better"

Where have I heard that before?

saphojunkie 04-25-2012 01:46 PM

I have a terrible, terrible feeling we are going to draft Dontari Poe. Michael Lombardi on the Border Patrol this morning and wouldn't stop talking up Poe.

Anyone else worried Lombardi is out spewing propaganda for his BFF Pioli? Please don't let it be true.