ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports David Stern Asked Jim Rome “Have You Stopped Beating Your Wife Yet?” (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260478)

blaise 06-13-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8678023)
I'm also confused why everyone thinks its fixed this year. NO had decent odds to win. The year it should have been questioned was when Chicago got it with a 1% chance and a hometown guy was the clear number 1 pick.

That's kind of the thing. I think most people know it isn't, but there's this vocal group that always says the NBA is crooked. Stern should have capitalized on the question and tried to put to rest the notion that it's fixed. He's the commissioner. He should be more polished. He easily could have turned that in his favor.

CaliforniaChief 06-13-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8678025)
Rome has gotten personal with plenty of people. Boo hoo

We all know Rome went into total dick mode on Jim Everett.

But I struggle to think of many times Jim Rome was disrespectful to a guest on his show.

He has strong takes. That's entertainment. It's also refreshingly honest, IMO.

blaise 06-13-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8678031)
We all know Rome went into total dick mode on Jim Everett.

But I struggle to think of many times Jim Rome was disrespectful to a guest on his show.

He has strong takes. That's entertainment. It's also refreshingly honest, IMO.

Yeah, he's generally pretty cordial.

whoman69 06-13-2012 07:15 PM

A better question might have been, "The lottery has brought out the specter of the possibility that it has been fixed. Wouldn't it be better to just do away with all doubt and trash the lottery?"

BoneKrusher 06-13-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8678071)
A better question might have been, "The lottery has brought out the specter of the possibility that it has been fixed. Wouldn't it be better to just do away with all doubt and trash the lottery?"

yeah, that would have been a better take on it.

BWillie 06-13-2012 09:32 PM

Think what stern did was out of line. You go on a sports talk radio. You should expect that question to be asked. If you go on the show you should conduct yourself in a professional matter especially if you are a freaking commish

Demonpenz 06-13-2012 09:40 PM

Seems like Stern has been on before and has been pretty candid about the "problem" players in the league.

Sure-Oz 06-13-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8677337)
Rome asked respectfully, handled himself accordingly, and Stern showed his ass. Shocking.

Agreed....sterns a ****ing dipshit

Easy 6 06-13-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8677236)
Stern is the biggest ass hole on Earth

Maybe, but that was a BALLBREAKING retort, from one ass to another.

Bowser 06-14-2012 01:37 AM

Personally, I find it more interesting to learn that Garcia Bronco is David Stern's love child than to analyze the Stern/Rome dipshittery.

Demonpenz 06-14-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8678669)
Personally, I find it more interesting to learn that Garcia Bronco is David Stern's love child than to analyze the Stern/Rome dipshittery.

I don't think there was anything loving of that night with Dave and his mercury topaz, he just gave it to GB's mom and her V was open like Oliver Millers mouth on thanksgiving.