ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone ever done a body cleanse? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261273)

Hays 07-11-2012 09:52 AM

I have heard of the GM diet "cleanse" and people seem to get good results from it.

It is a 1 week cleanse.

tooge 07-11-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8732352)
So why did you stop?

Well, I've stopped the total vegan thing just because I was getting tired of trying to come up with recipes that were all fruit, bean, veggie, and whole grain. I'm still doing it about 80% of the time, but I'm allowing myself some grilled salmon about twice a week. I did cheat one day for a bbq contest last week tho. I'll probably continue to eat this way. An example of a typical lunch would be a burrito made of beans, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers, and cabbage (spiced up with chili powder, cumin, and garlic), on a whole wheat tortilla with a tomato, cilantro, onion, and tomatillo salsa. Very tasty and very good for you.

siberian khatru 07-11-2012 10:13 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3U4q5j-1gE...colonblow3.jpg

vailpass 07-11-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8732376)
Well, I've stopped the total vegan thing just because I was getting tired of trying to come up with recipes that were all fruit, bean, veggie, and whole grain. I'm still doing it about 80% of the time, but I'm allowing myself some grilled salmon about twice a week. I did cheat one day for a bbq contest last week tho. I'll probably continue to eat this way. An example of a typical lunch would be a burrito made of beans, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers, and cabbage (spiced up with chili powder, cumin, and garlic), on a whole wheat tortilla with a tomato, cilantro, onion, and tomatillo salsa. Very tasty and very good for you.

One of our roomates in grad school ate like this. He was a stinky gaseous bastard.

tooge 07-11-2012 10:16 AM

yeah, I'm fartin more than i ever have. Nice long, quiet and generally not very smelly farts. Just incredibly satisfying.

vailpass 07-11-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8732421)
yeah, I'm fartin more than i ever have. Nice long, quiet and generally not very smelly farts. Just incredibly satisfying.

LMAO thanks so much for sharing.

Ceej 07-11-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8732421)

aka queef.

NewChief 07-11-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8732376)

Bittman's new book is called something like, "Vegan Until 6" or some such. He espouses eating vegan all day long, then at night, eating whatever you want (within limits of portions, obviously).

Those of us who do Intermittent Fasting are basically already doing this, except we're eating nothing until dinnertime instead of just vegan.

tooge 07-11-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8732497)
Bittman's new book is called something like, "Vegan Until 6" or some such. He espouses eating vegan all day long, then at night, eating whatever you want (within limits of portions, obviously).

Those of us who do Intermittent Fasting are basically already doing this, except we're eating nothing until dinnertime instead of just vegan.

thats basically what I'm doing now, except i'm only doing the meat thing a couple of times a week, and it's fish. I can get pretty satisfied with whole wheat or quinoa pasta with marinara sauce for dinner.

Fish 07-11-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8732292)
I've done a cleans in a sense that worked very well. I essentially went vegan for about a week. No dairy, no meat, no eggs, no processed carbs. I even went very light on whole grains, limiting those to one cup of oatmeal for breakfast with berries. I lost 8 lbs in that week, shit like a goose, and felt great. I've kept the weight off too.

What exactly is that supposed to "cleanse"? That just sounds like temporary changes in your diet. Which is a very good thing in itself, but I don't understand why that would be considering a cleansing?

Omaha 07-11-2012 11:40 AM

The idea is that your body will rid itself of toxins that build up.

Brock 07-11-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 8732571)
The idea is that your body will rid itself of toxins that build up.

It does that anyway, 24/7/365.

BucEyedPea 07-11-2012 11:50 AM

I do a liver, gallbladder and parasite cleanse. Used to do it about every fifteen months but it's been years.
I got hundreds of gall stones out and fair amount of parasites which many people have. On the other hand a friend did these and got nothing out. Depends on the individual. My skin looked amazing afterwards and others noticed it too. Haven't done one in a long time but this thread is a good reminder.

Jenson71 07-11-2012 11:52 AM

I drink hot green tea in the fall and winter, not really because I think it tastes great, but because of its antioxidents, which I understand are supposed to fight off some toxins. Is this reasonable?

Jenson71 07-11-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 8732589)
fair amount of parasites which everyone has.

What kind of parasites do I have? Or do I want to know?