ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Do you smoke cigarettes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261887)

J Diddy 07-29-2012 10:54 PM

Insomnia can suck my balls

Brock 07-29-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8777038)
OK. Question from the dumbass. I had a friend in college that would roll his own cigarettes. He said it was cheaper and tasted better. He probably also didn't mind that it would be easier to hide weed in there. It looked to me like it was just dried tobacco and I had others tell me that it didn't have as much bad shit in it.

Is that true? Are self rolled cigs less addictive than store bought? It seems to me that it would be a better option. Particularly since they are cheaper. But if they are less addictive it seems like a good stepping stone in quitting.

They are not less addictive. They contain the same nicotine. I do agree that smoking non-factory-made cigarettes may contain fewer additives, plus being cheaper. Just don't kid yourself.

Lumpy 07-29-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8777035)
The ecigs do help, sure they suck but you CAN convince yourself to use them until they get so nasty u just up and quit.

Actually, they aren't that bad. He bought me 2, (1 regular/1 menthol), of the Blu brand disposables from Walgreens for $10/ea. I have never really cared for menthol, but the regular tastes like cappuccino. :drool:

I'm being careful not to OD on nicotine, so I don't puff on them too often. Although, at times, it has gotten to the point where I would light-up a regular cigarette. But, believe it or not, that is helping me realize how much I want to quit. The flavor, the smell... :Lin:

Buehler445 07-29-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8777078)
They are not less addictive. They contain the same nicotine. I do agree that smoking non-factory-made cigarettes may contain fewer additives, plus being cheaper. Just don't kid yourself.

I'm not kidding anyone. I don't smoke. I'd die.

Psyko Tek 07-29-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 8775803)
Just curious if anyone else smokes here. I smoke on and off (not addicted). Just bought some cigs at a store though.

Yes i do and am hooked

Stop this on ands off shit
don't smoke
it does **** you up

Munson 07-30-2012 01:53 AM

I took 2 puffs of a cigarette a few years ago. I was pretty hammered and wanted to see what the big deal was. It wasn't all that bad. I thought it might taste nasty since I've never been a smoker, and I hate second hand smoke.

MahiMike 07-30-2012 06:12 AM

I'll stick with cigars. Of course, it's hard to smoke a cigar without alcohol. Those 2 go hand in hand.

Aries Walker 07-30-2012 07:30 AM

Never. It's smoke.

Strongside 07-30-2012 07:34 AM

I own a hookah and smoke out of it in social settings maybe once or twice a week. Other than that, I can't stand tobacco.

durtyrute 07-30-2012 07:44 AM

I did for about 13 years. I tried and tried to quit, but I just couldn't do it. Then one day, I decided to set a "quit date" and I haven't smoked since. It's been about two years and I still want them from time to time, but with two little girls to raise, I can't do it anymore.

Sucky 08-01-2012 10:33 AM

I've decided to quit for good today.

suds79 08-01-2012 10:35 AM

nope.

ZepSinger 08-01-2012 11:40 AM

No. Never have.

Z

FishingRod 08-01-2012 12:50 PM

Started smoking as a child because I wasn’t supposed to and you would get a buzz off a cigarette. Most people that smoke actually do get enjoyment out of them. Most any smoker knows what I mean, having a smoke after a good meal with a favorite brew can pretty marvelous. Smoking is also an excuse to get the hell away from ones desk and chill for a second instead of killing all of your coworkers. Having said that, I ceased, smoking a couple of times for a year or more and once for 5 years. For those of us that like to drink, that activity throws a tanker truck worth of gasoline on the desire to have a smoke. I do know some people that can just smoke when they drink ( a-holes) and also know people that start turning into drunks to follow that rule. I have been smoking off and on for most of my life and until recently really couldn’t feel much in the way of negative effects from it. Now being in my late 40’s, getting little exercise, I see that the cost and health issues have overtaken the pleasure I enjoy from them and plan to give them up sometime soon. Of course I have 3 weeks of activities as a built in excuse of why I can’t do it right now. Gotta go have a smoke brb

lcarus 08-01-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 8783292)
Started smoking as a child because I wasn’t supposed to and you would get a buzz off a cigarette. Most people that smoke actually do get enjoyment out of them. Most any smoker knows what I mean, having a smoke after a good meal with a favorite brew can pretty marvelous. Smoking is also an excuse to get the hell away from ones desk and chill for a second instead of killing all of your coworkers. Having said that, I ceased, smoking a couple of times for a year or more and once for 5 years. For those of us that like to drink, that activity throws a tanker truck worth of gasoline on the desire to have a smoke. I do know some people that can just smoke when they drink ( a-holes) and also know people that start turning into drunks to follow that rule. I have been smoking off and on for most of my life and until recently really couldn’t feel much in the way of negative effects from it. Now being in my late 40’s, getting little exercise, I see that the cost and health issues have overtaken the pleasure I enjoy from them and plan to give them up sometime soon. Of course I have 3 weeks of activities as a built in excuse of why I can’t do it right now. Gotta go have a smoke barb

I always do that shit too. "oh well, I'm taking a road trip this weekend so I gotta be smoking still for that"