ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mortensen giving the chiefs some LOVE. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262253)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-12-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8811926)
ISU's gonna win the Big XII too.

They playing 9 games against the Beakers?

beach tribe 08-12-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8811924)
That is true. Saying it though may cause some here into a fit of rage like a toddler getting his favorite toy taken away.

I am so pumped for this season. We've got some tough, strong, fast, smart football players....sound familiar?

beach tribe 08-12-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 8811918)
ESPN is now even talking about the Chiefs.

People weren't looking at the Chiefs before. Now that some are, they can see what a lot of us have been seeing for a while now. A roster that is stacked.

KChiefs1 08-12-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8811928)
Vegas' prediction will change before the start of the season..Bank on it.

I already got my wager in early....very few times that you get an advantage on Vegas & this is a pretty safe bet.

KcMizzou 08-12-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8811934)
People weren't looking at the Chiefs before. Now that some are, they can see what a lot of us have been seeing for a while now. A roster that is stacked.

Even in a shitty division, the fact that they came so close to winning the division last season is impressive. They lost some hugely important pieces last season. When we lost Berry game one, I thought "Oh shit... that's not good". And then Charles game two, I basically considered the season over.

But they lost the QB too, rolled Palko out there :facepalm: and still managed to compete. I've had pretty high expectations for this season since then.

Mr. Laz 08-12-2012 03:56 PM

i figured around .500 and still sticking to it.

a few breaks go our way and it's 10-6
a few breaks go against us and it's 6-10

:shrug:

staying healthy is a big thing
having the occasional terrible pass get deflected instead of picked off is helpful
having the occasional fumble be recovered back to us instead of the other team is helpful
having the occasional PI be missed will help

we have a QB that will do stupid shit
we have 3 guys that will fumble(Charles,Hillis,DMC)
we have cb that has a PI habit (routt)

bricks 08-12-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8811952)
i figured around .500 and still sticking to it.

a few breaks go our way and it's 10-6
a few breaks go against us and it's 6-10

:shrug:

staying healthy is a big thing
having the occasional terrible pass get deflected instead of picked off is helpful
having the occasional fumble be recovered back to us instead of the other team is helpful
having the occasional PI be missed will help

we have a QB that will do stupid shit
we have 3 guys that will fumble(Charles,Hillis,DMC)
we have cb that has a PI habit (routt)

I have to admit, the depth on this team is the best I've seen in a long time.

If the Chiefs had a few injuries here, there, I don't think it'll be that bad. Except, the safety position. Chiefs have no depth there. Berry goes down, they're prone to giving up the deep ball more. With Manning now in the division, having Berry is more key than ever.

KcMizzou 08-12-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8811957)

If the Chiefs had a few injuries here, there, I don't think it'll be that bad. Except, the safety position. Chiefs have no depth there. Berry goes down, they're prone to giving up the deep ball more. With Manning now in the division, having Berry is more key than ever.

They're deeper now than last season. Imagine if (God Forbid, knock on wood etc.) JC went down again. Would you rather have Hillis or Jones?

Mr. Laz 08-12-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8811957)

yea, if they are just random injuries but just like most teams ... if a few key guys get hurt we are screwed. Much like last year.

Cassell
Albert
Berry
Winston(probably)
Charles(although much better situation this year, he still unique)
Hali
Flowers

long term injury for any of these guys would really hurt

bricks 08-12-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8811959)
They're deeper now than last season. Imagine if (God Forbid, knock on wood etc.) JC went down again. Would you rather have Hillis or Jones?

Hillis obviously.