ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808431)
Gochiefs. He's a troll.

Believe it or not people other than me do have an ability to recognize a fairly useless player when they see one.

FYI: He wasn't useless tonight.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 09:50 PM

I'm pissed. Moeaki was completely invisible, Baldwin did nothing, Bowe wasn’t playing, and Charles had a mediocre day, yet our offense looked unstoppable. Boo that.

O.city 08-10-2012 09:50 PM

Cassel actually stepped up the in pocket and fired one to Baldwin that wasn't a catch, but it was good from a fundamental view.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8808441)
IMO Cassel looked the same. His passes soared, he didn't fool anyone and his accuracy still blows.

You know what was different? Protection, especially from the OT's. They can't get short yardage yet, but they are much much better at pass blocking simply because of RT Winston and LT Albert.

Oh, and Dex. Burn. Heh. ****er ran some nice routes tonight.

Toribio is the real thing, very impressed. Berry looks to ball. Jamaal, I'll reserve opinion on him until real bullets fly. Moeaki looked fine.

But Stanzi - to - Maneri is gold!!!1 Until the regular season starts:D

What passes of Cassel's soared tonight? What passes was he inaccurate on? You don't get 64 yards on 5 catches throwing passes where people are having to make diving catches. I am talking about tonight and tonight only.

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfootballfan (Post 8808441)
You know what was different? Protection, especially from the OT's.

Okay, yeah, that's valid.

Still... even Dilfer won a ring, right? ... right?...

Rausch 08-10-2012 09:51 PM

After the 1st quarter I about ****ing $3it myself.

Night and day difference from last year.

Last year we couldn't get it together until about week 3 and this preseason we look like a team in week 3. Prepared, well managed, and disciplined.

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8808445)
Believe it or not people other than me do have an ability to recognize a fairly useless player when they see one.

FYI: He wasn't useless tonight.

IIRC, Milkman isn't too high on him either. And I respect the hell out of Milkman.

O.city 08-10-2012 09:52 PM

Charles got what, 3 carries? Baldwin and Moeaki combined for 1 target?

Like someone else said, no one got hurt and we won. It was a greatly successful night.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:52 PM

From what I could tell and they pointed out tonight is that Poe was getting double team. It's hard to read D lineman during game play unless you stay focussed on them. I was little encourgaged by him.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8808451)
IIRC, Milkman isn't too high on him either. And I respect the hell out of Milkman.

I'd be interested to see what Milkman thought of McCluster tonight.

I can also understand why people don't like him as a second round pick. He still has skills to play the game and he showcased it tonight.

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8808406)
Thank you for replacing Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle!

This

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8808460)
I'd be interested to see what Milkman thought of McCluster tonight.

I can also understand why people don't like him as a second round pick. He still has skills to play the game and he showcased it tonight.

Exactly. I'm even ready to admit he was a reach. But he's so much fun to watch and he's proven he can make plays.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:57 PM

With the exception of the screen, how many sideways passes did we throw all night? Haley was good for a sideways pass for none yards at least once a series.

Munson 08-10-2012 09:57 PM

Did Boss play tonight? I don't remember seeing him on the field.

Maneri looked like a much different player compared to last year. I guess its a lot easier to run around after losing 45 pounds. Hopefully he can keep O'Connell from seeing the field.

Coach 08-10-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808443)
He makes some pretty cool videos... I'm guilty of supporting him him the past. But lately, anything other than those videos is just shit.

Eh, yes, but the poster quality has degraded significantly.