ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Recommend me a Beer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263391)

Bwana 09-09-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8890812)
My local bartender makes what she calls a Thunder Cloud,Boulevard Wheat and Guinness,I can drink two 25 ouncers in one sitting but that's my limit.

I use Descchutes stout and Widmer Hefeweizen wheat for my black and tan mix of doom. Rather tasty!

Nzoner 09-09-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8890821)
Boulevard Tank 7. It's a great Belgian Farm Ale.

post 66...had it for the first time last night

manchambo 09-09-2012 08:49 AM

I've found that the older I get, the more I want a fairly light lager style beer. I used to be a big fan of Fat Tire, lived in the bay area and drank Anchor Steam, travelled to New Norleans a lot of Abita. Now I'm pretty happy with a Stella.

Mr. Laz 09-09-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8890679)
Recommend me a Beer

all of them?

:shrug:

Bill Lundberg 09-09-2012 08:51 AM

Most liquor stores around here have started doing "mix and match" 6 packs. I love trying new beers and therefore, I love mix and match 6 packs.

A couple favorites:

"Hazed and Infused"
Stone "Levitation Ale"
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
O'Fallon Black Hemp

And if you haven't tried the Boulevard Smokestack Series you really can't go wrong with any of them. Sixth Glass is my favorite.

Bwana 09-09-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8890825)
I made a strawberry blonde once that tasted simultaneously like sweaty gym socks and vomit.

I made one about 10 years ago, with fresh strawberries and it was one of the best beers I have ever had. It was a nice fresh crisp wheat with a slight hint of fresh strawberry on the finish. I still have the recipe around here someplace and I need to brew up another batch.

Everyone of my friends that tried it, loved it. It's a great summer beer.

Red Beans 09-09-2012 08:53 AM

Boulevard Pilsner

DaFace 09-09-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8890801)
if you are looking to drink a shitload..try a real pilsner, crisp, easy to drink, and low alcohol

http://victorybeer.com/wp-content/up...-Pils-Main.png

victory prima pils

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 8890859)
Boulevard Pilsner

I think I've been ruined on pilsners by the "lights" of the world. I shouldn't hold that against them, though.

Molitoth 09-09-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8890803)
Tank 7 is one of my all-time favorites. Man, I wanna go grab one now.

(Saison's in general are incredibly delicious beers, but they do get to be a little sweet if you have a bunch at once.)

Yup, Tank 7 is one of my favorites.
We are so lucky to have it brewed so close...

$10.50 a 4 pack is pretty killer though.

the Talking Can 09-09-2012 08:55 AM

well well well...just checked my liquor stores site and they now carry boulevard...and we just passed sunday sales in georgia...it is on today!

BOULEVARD SINGLE WIDE IPA
BOULEVARD UNFILTERED WHEAT
BOULEVARD LONG STRANGE TRIPLE

Fire Me Boy! 09-09-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8890855)
I made one about 10 years ago, with fresh strawberries and it was one of the best beers I have ever had. It was a nice fresh crisp wheat with a slight hint of fresh strawberry on the finish. I still have the recipe around here someplace and I need to brew up another batch.

Everyone of my friends that tried it, loved it. It's a great summer beer.

I think my batch got contaminated.... it was seriously disgusting. I made a couple batches of ginger beer with fresh ginger that was freaking outstanding. Still one of my favorite beers.

the Talking Can 09-09-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8890861)
I think I've been ruined on pilsners by the "lights" of the world. I shouldn't hold that against them, though.

i only like them on hot days...but they are worth another look, they have some body and a bit of hop bitterness

KCUnited 09-09-2012 08:58 AM

Going with a few New Belgium Shift's today.

Bwana 09-09-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8890871)
I think my batch got contaminated.... it was seriously disgusting. I made a couple batches of ginger beer with fresh ginger that was freaking outstanding. Still one of my favorite beers.

Yeah after all that hard work, it sucks when a batch gets infected.

Bwana 09-09-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8890822)
Yep. They've been growing pretty rapidly the past few years. I couldn't even get it in Colorado until about 2 years ago.

We still don't get it up here....yet. I do tie into it when I'm in KC, or even SD around Raipd City, or Deadwood.