ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Dragon Age 3 Announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263823)

keg in kc 11-14-2014 12:12 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TvKbvRXmxjM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/T5bmdlT_wyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 11-14-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11109910)
Preload is available on origin for PC players. 23.8 GB

This is one of the most bullshit marketing moves ever. It's like ordering a rack of ribs and having it delivered to your table, but you can only sit there and stare at it for another 2 days. Those bastards are just leveraging our childish excitement.

keg in kc 11-14-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11110500)
This is one of the most bullshit marketing moves ever. It's like ordering a rack of ribs and having it delivered to your table, but you can only sit there and stare at it for another 2 days. Those bastards are just leveraging our childish excitement.

I don't think it has anything to do with marketing. It's technical. Allowing people to download early means we can all start playing the day physical copies of the game are available in stores, and there's little to no risk of the download servers going down. Basically we don't have to wait to play on launch day. And it's certainly not specific to dragon-age: I've preloaded every game I've preordered going back several years.

People are going to get street copies early too. Amazon in particular is notorious for shipping games to people before you can play them (ostensibly for launch day delivery) and it's occasionally brick-and-mortar stores stock games early.

keg in kc 11-14-2014 03:01 PM

FYI, for anyone into soundtracks, if you preload, the game's soundtrack will appear in the bonus folder.

Fish 11-14-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11110522)
I don't think it has anything to do with marketing. It's technical. Allowing people to download early means we can all start playing the day physical copies of the game are available in stores, and there's little to no risk of the download servers going down. Basically we don't have to wait to play on launch day. And it's certainly not specific to dragon-age: I've preloaded every game I've preordered going back several years.

People are going to get street copies early too. Amazon in particular is notorious for shipping games to people before you can play them (ostensibly for launch day delivery) and it's occasionally brick-and-mortar stores stock games early.

Way to drain all the humor from my post, Nurse Ratched...

keg in kc 11-14-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11110541)
Way to drain all the humor from my post, Nurse Ratched...

I wasn't sure whether you were kidding or not so I went for "not". It can be difficult to interpret the context of print. :p

keg in kc 11-14-2014 03:24 PM

If I'm reading this right, it looks like we can (legally) start playing at 11 pm central Monday night: North America and Brazil – 11/17 9PM PST

Fish 11-14-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11110593)
I wasn't sure whether you were kidding or not so I went for "not". It can be difficult to interpret the context of print. :p

No worries. I'm really terrible with humor sometimes...

FYI... I'm seeing some copies on torrent sites already.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-15-2014 11:30 AM

This game is just ****ing stunning. And fun. I'm playing a human mage, and am already considering starting over with an Elven mage. Since I can just continue playing when the game is officially released, I don't mind burning those two hours and having 4 when I get going next Tuesday.

My XBO had been a $500 paper weight. I am so ****ing glad I bought it now, because it's taking this RPG to the next level. Most fun I've had in YEARS playing a game.

hometeam 11-15-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11111979)
This game is just ****ing stunning. And fun. I'm playing a human mage, and am already considering starting over with an Elven mage. Since I can just continue playing when the game is officially released, I don't mind burning those two hours and having 4 when I get going next Tuesday.

My XBO had been a $500 paper weight. I am so ****ing glad I bought it now, because it's taking this RPG to the next level. Most fun I've had in YEARS playing a game.

550 bucks for one game? PLus pay for online? ouch.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-15-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11112002)
550 bucks for one game? PLus pay for online? ouch.

I just haven't played games for a couple of years. Honestly, I would've bought the PS4 but I couldn't justify it. My wife wanted this (not sure why she's never played games) so I got it for her. I've got over a grand into it with all the games and shit I've bought for it that I've rarely played. It's a lot of money yes, but when games like this and GTA V come out, all of a sudden I'm getting my money out of it.

Mav 11-15-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11112015)
I just haven't played games for a couple of years. Honestly, I would've bought the PS4 but I couldn't justify it. My wife wanted this (not sure why she's never played games) so I got it for her. I've got over a grand into it with all the games and shit I've bought for it that I've rarely played. It's a lot of money yes, but when games like this and GTA V come out, all of a sudden I'm getting my money out of it.

I'm picking up Dragon age, and gta on Tuesday

keg in kc 11-16-2014 04:41 PM

Entertaining dragon fight video:
Spoiler!

keg in kc 11-16-2014 05:28 PM

Me for the next 29 hours...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/raTts-iGixU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 11-17-2014 01:19 PM

Launch trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7SREM6E4Fvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>