ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Crennel (never) said Cassel is the QB if cleared to play (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264768)

Chief_For_Life58 10-07-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8989182)
Stick to reposting Twitter posts.

That isn't at all what Crennel said.

what did he say?

petegz28 10-07-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8989182)
Stick to reposting Twitter posts.

That isn't at all what Crennel said.

That's what I heard him say

doomy3 10-07-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8989196)
what did he say?

The question was asked, "If Cassel is healthy, is he your starter."

Romeo fumbled around a bit and then said something to the effect of, "Well, we need to see if Cassel is healthy, and if he is healthy then we'll see who starts."

Basically, he didn't say anything. He certainly didn't say whether or not he would make a change at the position.

doomy3 10-07-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8989206)
That's what I heard him say

That doesn't surprise me.

hometeam 10-07-2012 04:40 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZG_xNbVMmIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

I hate Crennel.

Just listening to his presser and when asked what his thought process was and why he didn't try a hail mary or to pick up the first before the end of the first half, he said "he didn't want to risk a turnover." Are you ****ing kidding me? There was 12 ****ing seconds left in the half! If you turn it over what are they going to do? Kneel? OH DEAR GOD!! NOT THAT!! WTF benefit do you get from punting the ball? Are you not turning the ball over to the other team?

petegz28 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8989213)
That doesn't surprise me.

I'll wait for release of the presser unless you got it. I heard him say starter and seems several others did. Not saying you are wrong, just saying

WV 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

We can't get to Geno Smith without Matt Cassel's help.

BossChief 10-07-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8989212)
The question was asked, "If Cassel is healthy, is he your starter."

Romeo fumbled around a bit and then said something to the effect of, "Well, we need to see if Cassel is healthy, and if he is healthy then we'll see who starts."

Basically, he didn't say anything. He certainly didn't say whether or not he would make a change at the position.

Thank you for giving me one more day of sanity.

doomy3 10-07-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8989242)
I'll wait for release of the presser unless you got it. I heard him say starter and seems several others did. Not saying you are wrong, just saying

People hear what they want to hear. Everyone is completely out of their mind at this point.

King_Chief_Fan 10-07-2012 04:53 PM

I hate Crennel worse than Cassel

doomy3 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

Pretty much as I said:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...el-brady-quinn

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel spoke to reporters following Sunday's loss to the Baltimore Ravens and of course fielded several questions about Matt Cassel , Brady Quinn and the Chiefs starting quarterback moving forward.

Crennel did not break any news by naming one player or the other the starter following the game, but he did discuss both quarterbacks.

I picked out a few highlights of what he had to say below:

If Cassel's cleared to play next week, will he be the starter?

"Cassel, if he's cleared to play, we'll have to evaluate it and we will see. I can't answer that without knowing his situation."

Were you considering making a change before that play (where Cassel was hurt)?

"You guys are always what-ifs. No, I was not. I did not make a change. I went with my team and my team played pretty good football today, just not good enough to win."

If Quinn is your QB next week, is there something he gives you that Cassel doesn't right now?

"We'll find out if he's the quarterback. We'll put him in there and play him. I was pleased with what he did today and in the time he got in because he hasn't had many practice reps. I thought he did a nice job when he went in."

Was Matt taken to a hospital?

"I don't know. I come off the field, come right in here and they just told me he had a head injury."

TEX 10-07-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8988262)
**** this team

Yep. FIRE PIOLI. FIRE CRENNEL.

ptlyon 10-07-2012 05:47 PM

I just saw the replay. Cassel is a pussy

notorious 10-07-2012 05:50 PM

The meltdown is just going to build and build.

This is like the woman in a marriage wanting a divorce, but the guy says "screw you" and keeps living in the house. Eventually someone is going down and it won't be pretty.