ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So Cassel is clearly the wrong guy, but what should Pioli have done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264907)

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8996672)
****ING Patriots fans. You have destroyed the Browns, Jets, Broncos Dolphins, Irish and Chiefs with your DISEASE.

GO TO HELL.

http://i.imgur.com/xebPe.png

Amnorix 10-09-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8996673)
We can all forgive Pioli for trading for Cassel. What we can't forgive is a lack of a plan B. There was no plan B. Never was. Good teams in this league are always prospecting QBs. The Chiefs never did, aside from Stanzi. That's unforgiveable.

I agree they're always prospecting QBs, but there just aren't 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in the NFL, and having decent backups isn't easy. Many teams just roll the dice on it cuz there aren't even 32, much less 64.

I really don't get letting Orton go though. That part makes no sense to me.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:29 PM

In all seriousness, I can't blame NE. The only person solely responsible is Pioli.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996684)
Actually, I'm pretty sure not a single Patriots FAN did any of that, actually.

And your (and by this I mean YOU, personally, GoCHIEFS, and no one else) personal agony over the Chiefs sucking because of a chain of events caused by Pollards hit on Brady I sincerely enjoy because of your complete lack of class over injuries to the players of other teams, including Brady. While I feel bad for other Chiefs fans on here, YOU I do not.

Figured I'd share that with ya, in case you were wondering.

Good night all.

thanks for stooping to speak to the wretched masses...some day we'll understand the genious that is scott pioli, i'm sure

Cannibal 10-09-2012 05:31 PM

Cassel blows, but so does Sanchez.

Sorter 10-09-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996688)
I agree they're always prospecting QBs, but there just aren't 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in the NFL, and having decent backups isn't easy. Many teams just roll the dice on it cuz there aren't even 32, much less 64.

I really don't get letting Orton go though. That part makes no sense to me.

That. Not drafting Dalton. Or Russel Wilson. Or even ****ing Osweiler.

Or hell, even giving Stanzi or Quinn a shot. It has been readily apparent for 2 years now that Cassel is detrimental to this team. You might as well find out what you have in your other investments (Quinn, Stanzi) and move on.

Reaper16 10-09-2012 05:34 PM

Amnorix, the answer is literally anything else. Literally anything. You saw Cassel play in 2008 so you know he was garbage that season. That's a player you acquire as a stop-gap, maybe. Not a player you give $60 some million to.

patteeu 10-09-2012 05:35 PM

He could have let his coaches bench Cassel and give the other guys a shot. If they lose, your draft position is enhanced. Either way, draft a QB in every draft until you strike gold.

the Talking Can 10-09-2012 05:36 PM

the correct answer to the stupid question is "anything"

he could have done anything, but chose to do nothing...

because he is a failure

Crush 10-09-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

And your (and by this I mean YOU, personally, GoCHIEFS, and no one else) personal agony over the Chiefs sucking because of a chain of events caused by Pollards hit on Brady I sincerely enjoy because of your complete lack of class over injuries to the players of other teams, including Brady. While I feel bad for other Chiefs fans on here, YOU I do not.

Good night all.

Thanks for gracing us simple folk with your presence. You easterners sure are sophisticated.

HemiEd 10-09-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8996531)
If you had actually watched the games instead of looking at stats, you wouldn't be asking this question.

This times eleventy billion

Chief Roundup 10-09-2012 05:48 PM

He should of traded up 3rd round, would of done it for the Jags, and drafted Tannehill. So right now Tannehill could have came in and start his tenure.

King_Chief_Fan 10-09-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 8996499)
So with my finely tuned senses and amazing powers of perception, I have detected some small modicum of dislike for Mr. Cassel, and for Mr. Pioli as well. I realize that the hatred of Pioli is for more reasons than going with Cassel, but it seems to me that not only is the Cassel deal a big part of why people hate him, but a part of why the Chiefs are losing so much, which also leads to hating the GM who built the team.

Putting aside the keep Orton option, which I'd agree the Chiefs should have done, what does ChiefsPlanet say Pioli should have done with the QB position? Clearly Sanchez is NOT an answer either, so Pioli made the right move in not spending a high 1st round pick on him. I'm also not aware of any Drew Brees to Miami level screw ups in terms of QB options that were ignored.

So what realistic move should Pioli have made, but didn't, at the QB position that pisses everybody off so much?

Heck, someone on here (GoChiefs) had a link on a post I saw explaining why Pioli should be fired, and the discussion of all the options he had other than Cassel were really pretty pathetic.

there were more options than picking up a back up that was a guy from who didn't play in college and pay 60M for it

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Good night all.

Since that hit, your entire franchise has stayed down, bitch.

No more Super Bowls for Belichick and his fraudulent ways.

KChiefer 10-09-2012 05:51 PM

He could of at least gotten Manning to visit KC.

He could have done what it takes to move up for RG3 or Tannehill.

He could have realized Wilson has more game as a rook than Cassel(foresight is his job unlike a fan's hindsight)

He could have created a functional enough tree to keep Weis here. Haley over-hyped and over-thought himself in coaching.

Cassel is a 7th round pick, and he IS NOT Brady or Warner. Many kickers are valued higher.