ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Petro's back on the "drafting a QB is going to fail" rant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265670)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-25-2012 11:51 AM

....and Black Boob attempts to ruin yet another thread.

the Talking Can 10-25-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048501)
Here it is in a nutshell dude...

Everyone wants to draft a QB in the first round in 2013.

There are some people who think it is a shitty QB class.

The same people want to draft a QB anyway because we are desperate.

Most of the same people probably want to keep drafting one until we find a franchise QB.

Some people (possibly you?) get offended by people who believe this is a weak QB class. Please try to be a little more open minded.

There is a 70% chance that a first round QB will bust. The way I figured it was over a ten year period. To be a first round QB that is not a bust, you must make at least one pro bowl. Why pro bowls? Because if a guy makes a pro bowl, he had at least one season where he was a top 10 QB in the league. Also, I have strict criteria on what makes a franchise QB. You don't know if you have one for at least three years. If you realistically look at first round franchise QBs, the bust factor goes way up.

This sytem is fair and it works on so many levels. Guys, we have a 30% chance of nailing this pick.

would you shut the **** up and kill yourself you god damn reerun

you are so ****ing stupid it makes the universe fall down a flight of stairs

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9048462)
what do you mean here? I'm not being inflamatory, just making sure I'm reading it right etc.

I'm saying there are alot of guys that were capable of winning the Superbowl who never did for any number of reasons. Guys that won a few playoff games. I'm saying that if someone takes the time to do this, it will be a much broader pool of players to look at. Thus making it more representative in finding a capable QB. Maybe it doesn't even have to be a about playoff winners? Maybe it's about franchise QBs. Plenty of franchise QBs didn't win the Superbowl.

My point is that I am tired of hearing the whole Superbowl / first round QB argument. It's just too narrow imo. We need to be looking at alot more things. We gotta get this pick right and we only have a 30% chance.

Rausch 10-25-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048520)

My point is that I am tired of hearing the whole Superbowl...first round QB argument.

Then just Shut you're mouth and kindly **** off...

You have absolutely nothing to contribute...

ChiefMojo 10-25-2012 11:58 AM

Carl did a lot of things but one thing we do know for sure is the fact he mastered the art of just being good enough. Enough to keep the stadium full, rocking and keeping fans hopes alive we were just a few players away. What sandwiched this time period was the 80's and most of the 00/10's.... Cluster f**k organization with nothing but gloom and lack of hope!

We were nothing to only be teased and then discarded back to the pits of hell!

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9048510)
You have to make a Pro Bowl??????

**** THE PRO BOWL, YOU MORAN.

Let's talk about why it works...

First, it's about making one pro bowl. When a guy makes his first pro bowl, it's not because it was a popularity contest. Especially for QBs. It's because they deserved it.

Why did I say it means they were top ten in the league for that season? Because six QBs go to the pro bowl every year. A couple always don't show up. This system allows for four of six to bow out. There are always 2-4 who back out. Last year, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton went in place of Eli Manning and Tom Brady.

Every single first round QB should make at least one pro bowl imo. It is a passing league. If they can't make one, they are a first round bust.

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9048518)
....and Black Boob attempts to ruin yet another thread.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I was trying to bring some reality to the argument. I'll bow out of this one.

Rausch 10-25-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9048519)

you are so ****ing stupid it makes the universe fall down a flight of stairs

LMAO

DeezNutz 10-25-2012 12:04 PM

Many would have flipped out had we selected either Flacco or Ryan in the first in '08, and these people would have been wrong as shit.

Identify the QB, and take him. Please, by all things good, let Pioli be fired first.

The Franchise 10-25-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048539)
Let's talk about why it works...

First, it's about making one pro bowl. When a guy makes his first pro bowl, it's not because it was a popularity contest. Especially for QBs. It's because they deserved it.

Why did I say it means they were top ten in the league for that season? Because six QBs go to the pro bowl every year. A couple always don't show up. This system allows for four of six to bow out. There are always 2-4 who back out. Last year, Cam Newton and Andy Dalton went in place of Eli Manning and Tom Brady.

Every single first round QB should make at least one pro bowl imo. It is a passing league. If they can't make one, they are a first round bust.

Matt Cassel made the Pro Bowl.....therefore.....your argument is invalid.

Woodchuck 10-25-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9048551)
Matt Cassel made the Pro Bowl.....therefore.....your argument is invalid.

No dude, he wasn't a first round QB. This is about figuring the first round QB bust factor.

I guess I am being too deep? I give up.

htismaqe 10-25-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048501)
Some people (possibly you?) get offended by people who believe this is a weak QB class. Please try to be a little more open minded.

You're completely, unequivocally wrong.

DeezNutz 10-25-2012 12:13 PM

The '13 class is already good. It has the potential, though, to be incredibly deep and talented.

Rausch 10-25-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048558)
No dude, he wasn't a first round QB. This is about figuring the first round QB bust factor.

Yup.

That's the problem...

The Franchise 10-25-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9048558)

So EVERY 1st round QB who doesn't make the pro bowl....is a bust?