ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost my job today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266336)

bevischief 01-24-2013 06:33 PM

Congrats. I have about 7-8 months on my contract and have already started looking.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-24-2013 06:34 PM

Congrats man

BigMeatballDave 01-24-2013 06:35 PM

Congrats.

mlyonsd 01-24-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9348495)
They're making you start on a Friday? That's bullshit. Call in sick... or just quit.

:)

But really, congrats!

ROFL

But anyway, congrats man.

bevischief 01-24-2013 06:52 PM

I once interviewed for a job at 10pm. I got the job.

BWillie 01-24-2013 06:54 PM

So how do you get a job after getting canned? I don't see how on earth that works unless you lie. Do you not just put them down on the resume? Say you quit?

If I got fired I'd just be really mysterious and evasive. If they asked me my work experience I'd just say that I have a very unique set of skills that makes me a night mare for ppl like you.

Buehler445 01-24-2013 06:57 PM

Hell yeah! Good work bud.

EagleRob 01-24-2013 07:26 PM

In the opposite position - tomorrow I have to terminate an employee for cause. He's a good guy but doesn't know the technical details he needs in order to do the job well. I'm a contract lead and my customer wants him out. Never had to let someone go before. I'm actually losing sleep over it this week as I'm putting him in the position of having to live my biggest fear - unemployed. I don't expect any sympathy but just throwing it out there that its no picnic being on the other side of the table. I hired this guy, trained him, believed in him, tried to help him through the struggles. Tomorrow I will have to give him the shock of immediate termination and the walk of shame to the lobby. Not my way to do it but more a company policy.

sedated 01-24-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9348808)
In the opposite position - tomorrow I have to terminate an employee for cause.

The first time I fired someone, I was a wreck. You get used to it. I ended up loving it. Lickily, I got fired myself before I could fire anyone who wasnt a complete loser.

EagleRob 01-24-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9348827)
The first time I fired someone, I was a wreck. You get used to it. I ended up loving it. Lickily, I got fired myself before I could fire anyone who wasnt a complete loser.

Thanks - Part of me hopes it never gets easier. That said, you and your avatar made me a little happier.

Buehler445 01-24-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

In the opposite position - tomorrow I have to terminate an employee for cause. He's a good guy but doesn't know the technical details he needs in order to do the job well. I'm a contract lead and my customer wants him out. Never had to let someone go before. I'm actually losing sleep over it this week as I'm putting him in the position of having to live my biggest fear - unemployed. I don't expect any sympathy but just throwing it out there that its no picnic being on the other side of the table. I hired this guy, trained him, believed in him, tried to help him through the struggles. Tomorrow I will have to give him the shock of immediate termination and the walk of shame to the lobby. Not my way to do it but more a company policy.

Boo. But that's part of the buisness. The best you can do is learn from it and work to make it never happen again.

Sorter 01-24-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Just do it professionally and make it short.

Frazod 01-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

You've got to do what you've got to do. It shouldn't be easy, and it speaks to your character that it bothers you. I certainly don't envy you.

Strongside 01-24-2013 08:00 PM

I recently relocated to Kansas City from Arizona due to my S.O. getting a new job here. I left my first job out of college after being there for 3 years. I liked the job, but the pay was horrible, even after 3 years. After coming here, the market for my profession was pretty bleak. Luckily, I was able to freelance for a while until a recruiter saw my website and portfolio...a twist of fate now has me working my dream job in a city that I love for more money than I know what to do with. Sometimes adversity is just a blessing in disguise. Keep your head up and stay scrappy...good things will come your way.

Good luck, brotha.

Sorter 01-24-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9348900)
You've got to do what you've got to do. It shouldn't be easy, and it speaks to your character that it bothers you. I certainly don't envy you.

I don't think anybody would enjoy firing someone that didn't truly deserve it unless they were an asshole.