ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Peter King coaching candidates for 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267068)

Easy 6 11-26-2012 06:19 PM

I just cant get 100% behind some college n00b, it just seems like such a gamble at a critical spot.

ed, herp* Kelly is very intriguing, but how long could the gimmick work before the big boy DC's deconstructed it?

Schiano is starting to look like an exception, but meh... i pretty much want a guy who already knows his way around the NFL.

But that list of active pro guys doesnt exactly light my fire either, Clark needs to make the perilous journey to the Oracle at Delphi to get these next two decisions right.

Chief Roundup 11-26-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9154652)
Though not on the list, Kelly is very intriguing, but how long could the gimmick work before the big boy DC's deconstructed it?

Which Kelly is not on the list? Chip and Brian are there.

The Franchise 11-26-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9154676)

Can't be Brian.....he doesn't run a gimmick offense.

Easy 6 11-26-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9154676)

Herped, fixed :D

BossChief 11-26-2012 07:03 PM

Another reason Cowher would be a damn good fit for us?

His defense would turn the notch up and get the most out of our guys and that means more possessions for Geno and less points Geno has to out up for us to win games early in his career.

Most of these defensive minded guys being talked about as a possible head coaching candidate are 4-3 guys and the means the defense would have a transitional year and Geno would probably need to score more to win games.

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9154772)

His defense would turn the notch up and get the most out of our guys and that means more possessions for Geno and less points Geno has to out up for us to win games early in his career.

Most of these defensive minded guys being talked about as a possible head coaching candidate are 4-3 guys and the means the defense would have a transitional year and Geno would probably need to score more to win games.

Okay, we've been talking about him as HC candidate for past few years but is there any indication that he wants to leave his cushy CBS job?

chiefzilla1501 11-26-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9154772)

Would you feel comfortable with the Cowher hire if Cowher ran his typical smash mouth, run-first offense? Because I could easily see him favor a crony OC like Gailey or Mularkey (if both of them are fired).

Bigger point is that Ray Horton and Gus Bradley both run schemes that fit the Chiefs' personnel. If not, you still have Rex Ryan out there or John Pagano or Rob Ryan. Quite a few 3-4 coaches out there.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 07:16 PM

Mike f'n McCoy?? Seriously??? LMAO OMGz Peyton-led offense good!!!

BossChief 11-26-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9154821)
Would you feel comfortable with the Cowher hire if Cowher ran his typical smash mouth, run-first offense? Because I could easily see him favor a crony OC like Gailey or Mularkey (if both of them are fired).

Bigger point is that Ray Horton and Gus Bradley both run schemes that fit the Chiefs' personnel. If not, you still have Rex Ryan out there or John Pagano or Rob Ryan. Quite a few 3-4 coaches out there.

I'd JIMP to have Cowher as hc and Gailey as the OC with Geno Smith as the QB. From there let BC pick a DC and have input on who we would hire as GM and let's roll!

Yeah, you heard me right...I'd hire Bill before a GM is named.

Seriously.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-26-2012 07:29 PM

This offseason has plenty of potential for sticky CP member tighty whities...

the Talking Can 11-26-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9154821)

and rivera

okcchief 11-26-2012 07:31 PM

David Shaw would be ****ing great!

BossChief 11-26-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9154893)
and rivera

I posted a few months ago that my preference for a new coaching staff would be
Cowher
Gailey (or Norv)
Ryan (or Rivera)

I think if we find a way to get any combination of those guys, things are gonna get better quickly.

Tombstone RJ 11-26-2012 07:39 PM

Cowher wants GM responsibilities too.

Titty Meat 11-26-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9154826)
Mike f'n McCoy?? Seriously??? LMAO OMGz Peyton-led offense good!!!

Dude he was able to adjust Denver's offense with the worst QB in the last 15 years and accomplished more in 1 season than Kansas City has since 1994.