ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Lesson Learned: Clark is Right to Land HC First (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268322)

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9264441)
Pioli was given a mandate by Hunt to consider the job status of Herm Edwards.

No, he wasn't - and as DeezNutz pointed out, this was implied yesterday in Clark's comments.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264427)
I agree, just wondering why Clark wasn't working on this months ago. this should have been wrapped up by the end of the season, IMO.

How do you know how long they have been working on it?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9264454)
Well, the team is currently being sued by former employees that allege Pioli fired them due to their age...

So what's going to change with that in the next 2 weeks?

That's not a legal issue that's going away period, certainly not anytime soon - are we going to wait to hire someone until that gets wrapped up?

htismaqe 01-01-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264465)

That's not a legal issue that's going away period, certainly not anytime soon - are we going to wait to hire someone until that gets wrapped up?

I have no idea. I just threw that out there because I think the situation is a lot more complicated than we think.

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9264468)
I have no idea. I just threw that out there because I think the situation is a lot more complicated than we think.

I'm sure it is.

All the more reason why I'm concerned.

Our best hope at this point is that Clark already has a deal with someone.

Marcellus 01-01-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264465)

My guess would be legal language in the buy out regarding the law suit. I am not an attorney but I know this, we have several employees listed as witnesses in a law suit ( a ridiculous one) and we just had one lose their job over a UA issue. There is concern their statement will change now that they are no longer employed by the company and may want to try to screw us out of spite.

Personally I dont think there is much risk, other disagree.

Once again tin foil hat shit but who knows.

DaWolf 01-01-2013 01:41 PM

The more I think about it, the more I feel that Pioli is a contingency plan now for Hunt. He's going to try and land a big fish, but there is a strong likelihood that one of those guys won't bite. If that is the case, he has to move to plan B, which means hiring a lesser known guy who won't have the juice to run his own show, and therefore keep Pioli around. Plan B would still mean Hunt hiring a guy he is comfortable with rather than one that Pioli recommends, but it probably also means that it would have to be someone who could mesh with Pioli. Plan B also would suck...

SAUTO 01-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264472)
I'm sure it is.

All the more reason why I'm concerned.

Our best hope at this point is that Clark already has a deal with someone.

why?

Just because Pioli is still employed he is obviously at this point not making decisions, hell he isn't even allowed to talk.

I'm sure that whatever coach or GM candidates Clark interviews over the course of this will be told exactly what is going on behind closed doors and let know exactly what the situation going forward is going to be.

It's just that he's not telling us everything
And that's ok at this point with me...
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9264485)
why?

Just because Pioli is still employed he is obviously at this point not making decisions, hell he isn't even allowed to talk.

I'm sure that whatever coach or GM candidates Clark interviews over the course of this will be told exactly what is going on behind closed doors and let know exactly what the situation going forward is going to be.

It's just that he's not telling us everything
And that's ok at this point with me...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli making decisions isn't my point.

Read post 22.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9264491)
Pioli making decisions isn't my point.

Read post 22.

I've read it. I don't think that Pioli receiving paychecks is going to stop Clark from hiring a coach or a GM to be our GM. There is something else that has kept him employed by the chiefs and it's not his football acumen.

It has to be about the lawsuits.

The new GM and coach will be told exactly what is going on I would think.

AT THIS POINT I think you are being a little chicken little ish.

we will have to see how out plays out
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9264505)
I've read it. I don't think that Pioli receiving paychecks is going to stop Clark from hiring a coach or a GM to be our GM. There is something else that has kept him employed by the chiefs and it's not his football acumen.

It has to be about the lawsuits.

The new GM and coach will be told exactly what is going on I would think.

AT THIS POINT I think you are being a little chicken little ish.

we will have to see how out plays out
Posted via Mobile Device

Who said anything about it STOPPING Clark?

I'm saying he's limiting his options.

Quote:

1.) Clark is forced to limit his HC search to guys who are capable of having control of personnel decisions.

This is a pretty small list to begin with, and you're already hearing rumblings from guys like Gruden, Cowher and Billick that they aren't interested in coming back. That pretty much leaves Andy Reid and Chip Kelly, who other teams are already fighting over, while we're wasting time with Dirk Koetter and a Rooney Rule candidate.

2.) Hiring a HC and not finding a quality GM.

For sake of conversation, lets say Clark hires Dirk Koetter. Who is the new GM? Guys like Ross, Gamble and Dorsey will either be long gone, or aren't going to be interested in a position in which they have no control over who the HC is. GM's expect to be able to hire a HC.

3.) **** me, but when Reid goes to Arizona or San Diego, and Kelly goes to Cleveland, and there's nothing left that satisfies the first option, and option two comes to fruition and Clark can't find a GM - what happens then?

We all know what happens then.

SAUTO 01-01-2013 02:03 PM

I'm saying it's not going to stop him from hiring a GM even if Pioli is still here.

IMO, and I could be totally wrong, Pioli is no longer actually the GM. He is employed by the organization probably due to the lawsuits he caused
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX 01-01-2013 02:15 PM

I disagree. Hunt is wrong with his strategy. Why would any good head coach want to be part of this soap opera in Kansas City? He neexs to fire Pioli Yesterday and move on!

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9264566)
I disagree. Hunt is wrong with his strategy. Why would any good head coach want to be part of this soap opera in Kansas City? He neexs to fire Pioli Yesterday and move on!

I wouldn't say he's wrong, he's just limiting his options.

Let's say he hires Dirk Koetter.

Who becomes GM?

Who the **** is going to come to KC with no power and his job security in the hands of Dirk ****ing Koetter?

Answer: No one.

Clark is severely limiting his options at both GM and HC by doing things this way.

Think about how many available guys in this league are qualified to be NFL GM's at this point - maybe 10, and that's counting the guys that have been fired.

Now - how many are qualified to be HC's?

There are 10 HC's that were just fired, plus the OC's/DC's from those staffs, plus college coaches. The talent pool is near 100.

But sure, let's ignore the pool that only has a handful or two of qualified candidates.

Which is why common sense says we're probably looking at a Cowher-type that wants full control.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9264566)

If hunt is being sincere. There is no drama. The coach decides piolis role, period. If you're a veteran head coach like cowher, kc its a great situation. I think most coaches are smart enough to know that the soap opera won't exist unless they request it to continue.