ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft ***RYAN NASSIB*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268696)

RunKC 02-08-2013 03:59 PM

The only real problem with Nassib is his accuracy throwing downfield and that's something that is coachable.

He's got the size, arm strength, pro style experience, football IQ, progressions, does the play fake really well, rarely makes mistakes throwing the ball, elite ability to throw good accurate passes in the short and intermediate routes and he appears to be a great leader.

He was on a really lackluster team in terms of talent. I think he's the sleeper of this draft. It's no wonder Reid and Dorsey are interested in him.

Sorter 02-08-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9387638)
Keep reading on twitter and blogs how Chiefs are very intrigued with Nassib and how he is moving up as the #2 ranled QB behind Geno....

Did this guy show ANYTHING in the SR. bowl? Why are scouts so attracted to him...? Big Arm? Accurate? Smart? ...Pro System?

I don't get it.

I've had him 3rd behind Geno and Wilson for quite some time now, FWIW.

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9387855)
The only real problem with Nassib is his accuracy throwing downfield and that's something that is coachable.

He's got the size, arm strength, pro style experience, football IQ, progressions, does the play fake really well, rarely makes mistakes throwing the ball, elite ability to throw good accurate passes in the short and intermediate routes and he appears to be a great leader.

He was on a really lackluster team in terms of talent. I think he's the sleeper of this draft. It's no wonder Reid and Dorsey are interested in him.

WTF? Did you read the link from secondroundstats?

RunKC 02-08-2013 04:11 PM

This is about his leadership.

“I can’t say enough about that guy,” offensive tackle Justin Pugh said. “He’s a great leader.”

“When he says something everybody listens,” offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett said. “It may be one thing a game or one thing every two weeks, but they listen.”

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootba...ms_star_q.html

Nassib is also the most prolific passer in Syracuse history. That's right. He was better than Donovan McNabb.

Love this kid.

RunKC 02-08-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9387867)
WTF? Did you read the link from secondroundstats?

Did you read it?

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...outing-report/

Nothing really bad to say about the guy.

Oh and his deep ball is apparently much better than people give him credit for. I think you were thinking of Wilson's report?

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 04:19 PM

I've been at work all day but as soon as I get home in an hour I plan on spending the night evaluating and charting Nassib. Looking forward to it. I still gotta work on Barkley and Manuel a little more as well.

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9387881)
Did you read it?

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...outing-report/

Nothing really bad to say about the guy.

Oh and his deep ball is apparently much better than people give him credit for. I think you were thinking of Wilson's report?

I'm on my phone so I'm not bolding things, but read your first sentence of your paragraph. Then read his completition percent throwing downfield. They don't match.

Sorter 02-08-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9387888)
I've been at work all day but as soon as I get home in an hour I plan on spending the night evaluating and charting Nassib. Looking forward to it. I still gotta work on Barkley and Manuel a little more as well.

I think you'll enjoy what you see in terms of movement w/in the pocket, going through reads, looking downfield, and his release.

Definitely needs to work on his touch and slow down his feet a bit.

silver5liter 02-08-2013 04:24 PM

bleh.

fairladyZ 02-08-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9387888)

post up your thoughts on barkley in the barkley thread too, i'm intrested in what you see, also what you see in nassib.

RunKC 02-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9387898)
I think you'll enjoy what you see in terms of movement w/in the pocket, going through reads, looking downfield, and his release.

Definitely needs to work on his touch and slow down his feet a bit.

I'm anxious for your scouting report on Nassib Sorter. Can we get that soon? :D

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairladyZ (Post 9387921)
post up your thoughts on barkley in the barkley thread too, i'm intrested in what you see, also what you see in nassib.

I gotta figure out what went wrong with Barkley cause I liked his Junior game cut ups way more than what I've seen of his Senior stuff.

Sorter 02-08-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9387925)
I'm anxious for your scouting report on Nassib Sorter. Can we get that soon? :D

I've been slacking like a mother****er. I need to get on that soon.

fairladyZ 02-08-2013 04:59 PM

i didn't watch much of barkley's junior season so i dunno what went wrong but my guess is the oline and defense put him behind the 8ball to much. lead to him trying to rush and force throws into bad spots or just miss on throws from being rushed. just my guess though, look forward to yours

nassib i do like what i've seen but i have only seen a tiny bit. I like him but he seems more or less a game manager. seems like you can give him direction and point and he can do it, but you can't expect him to put the team on his shoulders and drive the burning bus to the finish. just my take. everything else in his game i believe can be coached except that.

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 05:29 PM

Just got home. I'll be going back and fourth between Barkley's Junior and Senior games. But first I'm gonna work on Nassib for the next 2 or 3 hours.