ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with Peter King (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268926)

BossChief 01-15-2013 09:23 PM

If we draft Geno Smith and this Sutton character has enough sense to send Hali and Houston after the quarterback constantly, this team will make the playoffs NEXT YEAR.

The way our defense has played the last couple years on a team totally devoid of offensive production has been highly impressive and I can't wait to see them with the energy injection they will get from Andy Reid and Geno Smith.

Remember the energy the defense played with when Orton was in for those 3 games?

Put Geno Smith in our lockerroom and it's all over.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9322505)
What teams consistently hits on more than 3-4 players every draft? I'll wait.

Giants, Ravens, Steelers and so on. Lately, the Bengals have been very good.

You know - the consistent playoff teams.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9322559)
If we draft Geno Smith and this Sutton character has enough sense to send Hali and Houston after the quarterback constantly, this team will make the playoffs NEXT YEAR.

The way our defense has played the last couple years on a team totally devoid of offensive production has been highly impressive and I can't wait to see them with the energy injection they will get from Andy Reid and Geno Smith.

Remember the energy the defense played with when Orton was in for those 3 games?

Put Geno Smith in our lockerroom and it's all over.

I think you're smoking crack.

All things being equal in terms of injury, the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Bengals and Colts are far ahead of the Chiefs and should all contend for division titles and playoff berths. Teams like the Steelers and Dolphins should contend as well.

Geno Smith is NOT RGIII or Luck, so it's silly to pencil in the Chiefs as an automatic playoff team IF they draft him.

-King- 01-15-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322578)
Giants, Ravens, Steelers and so on. Lately, the Bengals have been very good.

You know - the consistent playoff teams.

Nope. Nope. Nope. And Nope.

Well... unless you have the loosest definition of "hit" on this site.

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322594)

All things being equal in terms of injury, the Broncos, Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Bengals and Colts are far ahead of the Chiefs and should all contend for division titles and playoff berths. Teams like the Steelers and Dolphins should contend as well.

Geno Smith is NOT RGIII or Luck, so it's silly to pencil in the Chiefs as an automatic playoff team IF they draft him.

Nearly all of these teams have very solid to great QBs.

Putting Brady on last season's Chiefs makes them an instant SB contender.

ALL of these teams struggle to win 8 without their QB.

Mother****erJones 01-15-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9322492)
really?
bowe is even questionable, but since he had complete shit QB's
i got no real argument there

Winston is fine at RT, Id like to see us add a couple impact players in FA then supplement the roster with draft picks

I wana see Bowe with a good QB.

BigMeatballDave 01-15-2013 09:44 PM

The Chiefs lost 14 games largely because of turnovers from the QB position.

With even adequate QB play they win 7.

Chris Meck 01-15-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

No, he may not be. But what if he's a Flacco, or a Dalton? Or a Matt Ryan? Not comparing games, but relative skill level?

It seems to me that you must have a plus player at QB to contend. Doesn't have to be top 3 or even top 5, you just have to get consistently good play there. If you don't have one, you've gotta do whatever you have to to get one.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2013 09:50 PM

Peter King should be banned from Arrowhead for life for conduct detrimental to the team.

BossChief 01-15-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

I said if we draft Geno Smith AND Sutton runs a good defense, we will be in the playoffs.

Geno will be able to put points on the board and this defense has had stretches where they flashed DOMINANCE.

I like our chances.

I'd like them a lot more if Pioli hadn't ran off guys like Tony Gonzalez, Brandon Carr and Bernard Pollard.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9322650)
Nearly all of these teams have very solid to great QBs.

Putting Brady on last season's Chiefs makes them an instant SB contender.

ALL of these teams struggle to win 8 without their QB.

The Patriots didn't struggle to win 8 games without Brady in 2008.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9322750)
I said if we draft Geno Smith AND Sutton runs a good defense, we will be in the playoffs.

Geno will be able to put points on the board and this defense has had stretches where they flashed DOMINANCE.

I like our chances.

I'd like them a lot more if ***** hadn't ran off guys like Tony Gonzalez, Brandon Carr and Bernard Pollard.

I don't like the chances, at all.

Sutton's stint as a DC was less than impressive. The Combines are weeks away and there's no consensus on the best player available.

Smith is NOT Luck or Griffin. Repeat, NOT Luck or Griffin. There would have a be a shitload of luck for the Chiefs to win 7 games in 2013, let alone be a playoff contender.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9322672)
No, he may not be. But what if he's a Flacco, or a Dalton? Or a Matt Ryan? Not comparing games, but relative skill level?

What if he's Tim Couch? Cade McNown? Akili Smith?

That game can be played at multiple angles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9322672)
It seems to me that you must have a plus player at QB to contend. Doesn't have to be top 3 or even top 5, you just have to get consistently good play there. If you don't have one, you've gotta do whatever you have to to get one.

It's way too early to predict which QB is going where and it's way too early to predict that any of these guys, let alone the Chiefs choice, is the right choice.

Any speculation at this point is fruitless.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9322617)
Nope. Nope. Nope. And Nope.

Well... unless you have the loosest definition of "hit" on this site.

Right. Because the Giants didn't hit on seven players in 2007 and didn't hit on Cruz as a UDFA. The Ravens don't routinely hit on multiple players each draft, neither do the Steelers. Antonio Brown is dogshit.

JFC, you're ****ing dumb.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-15-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

The Colts are not far ahead of the Chiefs. That was a sub .500 team with preposterous luck. The Steelers have gotten worse every year for the last three years and show no signs of being able to get out of that downward slide.

The Broncos will be the 1994 Chiefs next year. The Dolphins just seem like a .500 team.

I don't think the Chiefs are a playoff team next year either, but the AFC is a god awful conference.