ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

AdumbGuy 01-20-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9334132)
I'm with Pestilence on this. Nothing higher than a 6th. And I doubt Philly goes for that. A third? No way. Even with a potential compensatory pick for losing Carr, we're going to need those picks to build this roster.

I'm firmly in the draft Geno/Wilson at 1.1, and then in preference:
1. Sign a vet QB like Vick, Hasselbeck, Matt Moore.
2. Draft a guy like Dysert or Bray in middle rounds.
3. Keep Cassel as the backup.
4. Trade for someone else's backup.

Wait, wait, wait... you want to keep Cassel around?

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 06:52 AM

1st order of business if I was Reid would be to cut Cassel and Jackson. Do it whenever it's best financially for the team's cap space...like after June 1st or whenever...I'm not very good at knowing when to cut a guy/how it effects the cap etc. I can never grasp that. Whenever it's the best time to do it, do it and free up $$$ for FA.

If Josh Freeman isn't resigned by the Bucs, then I'd make a strong push for the guy. He has talent, he would be better off in his hometown playing for a team he grew up watching and rooting for, playing with better talent and better coaching. It'd be a good/safe match IMO.

It's stupid to trade for someone who's just going to be a backup...esp anything that's a 5th rd pick or earlier. Trading for Foles IMO would be a stupid move unless it's for like a 6th or 7th draft pick. I doubt Philly would be willing to let go of him for that cheap of a price, but ya never know...Foles may not fit at all in Kelly's system and they may have no use for him.

I'd resign Bowe and Albert and do 1 of 2 things...

If the Chiefs can't trade out of the first overall pick, then I'd select LT Luke Joeckel #1 and move Albert to guard and have the best OL in the NFL. I think Freeman behind a great OL, with Charles in the backfield could do wonders. Then select the best QB available in the 2nd round.

If you can trade down from the 1st overall pick then I'd select QB Tyler Wilson and then pick up some other picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds possibly. Then take Barrett Jones in the 2nd. (Jones could play tackle if he had to) essentially you have 4 guys that can play tackle and 5 possible interior OL. Utility OL are valuable, esp if you have injuries on the Oline, like we had last season.

milkman 01-20-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334670)
1st order of business if I was Reid would be to cut Cassel and Jackson. Do it whenever it's best financially for the team's cap space...like after June 1st or whenever...I'm not very good at knowing when to cut a guy/how it effects the cap etc. I can never grasp that. Whenever it's the best time to do it, do it and free up $$$ for FA.

If Josh Freeman isn't resigned by the Bucs, then I'd make a strong push for the guy. He has talent, he would be better off in his hometown playing for a team he grew up watching and rooting for, playing with better talent and better coaching. It'd be a good/safe match IMO.

It's stupid to trade for someone who's just going to be a backup...esp anything that's a 5th rd pick or earlier. Trading for Foles IMO would be a stupid move unless it's for like a 6th or 7th draft pick. I doubt Philly would be willing to let go of him for that cheap of a price, but ya never know...Foles may not fit at all in Kelly's system and they may have no use for him.

I'd resign Bowe and Albert and do 1 of 2 things...

If the Chiefs can't trade out of the first overall pick, then I'd select LT Luke Joeckel #1 and move Albert to guard and have the best OL in the NFL. I think Freeman behind a great OL, with Charles in the backfield could do wonders. Then select the best QB available in the 2nd round.

If you can trade down from the 1st overall pick then I'd select QB Tyler Wilson and then pick up some other picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds possibly. Then take Barrett Jones in the 2nd. (Jones could play tackle if he had to) essentially you have 4 guys that can play tackle and 5 possible interior OL. Utility OL are valuable, esp if you have injuries on the Oline, like we had last season.

Only moron would use the #1 pick overall to upgrade guard.

And you continue to display your moronacy every time you post.

milkman 01-20-2013 06:59 AM

John Doresy "Hello Branden. Good to talk to you. We know that you played at a high level, top 10 LT level last year, but we want to move you to guard, so we want to sign you to guard money"

Branden Albert "Shut the **** up."

Rasputin 01-20-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334673)
John Doresy "Hello Branden. Good to talk to you. We know that you played at a high level, top 10 LT level last year, but we want to move you to guard, so we want to sign you to guard money"

LOL that's what I would expect LOL

Why in the world would Brandon Alberts demote himself when he can go to another team and command LT money?

ChiefRocka 01-20-2013 07:13 AM

He'd be a stellar backup for us

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334671)
Only moron would use the #1 pick overall to upgrade guard.

And you continue to display your moronacy every time you post.

You're upgrading both LT and LG dumbass.

the Talking Can 01-20-2013 07:21 AM

i thought foles performed admirably given the shit storm he was thrown into...

don't see why the eagles would give him up, as he costs nothing....

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334673)

Sign Albert before the draft.

If he's overpaid a little to stay here and help form the best Oline in the NFL then so be it. Thats why you cut Cassel and Jackson. Apparantly you forgot what a top Oline can do for a team. I guess you forgot that we hardly scored any points last season. And yes there were multiple games where our Oline crapped their pants...so yes the Oline can improve and should be a priority.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:22 AM

Personally I'd drraft Barrett Jones to start at center and move Hudson into his natural guard position, where he was an All-American at FSU.

LT-Joeckel
LG-Albert
C -Jones
RG-Hudson
RT-Winston

That follks is the best Oline in the NFL.

mdchiefsfan 01-20-2013 07:26 AM

this has to be trolling

ChiefRocka 01-20-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334685)
Personally I'd drraft Barrett Jones to start at center and move Hudson into his natural guard position, where he was an All-American at FSU.

LT-Joeckel
LG-Albert
C -Jones
RG-Hudson
RT-Winston

That follks is the best Oline in the NFL.

You're an ASSamoah!!!

milkman 01-20-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334681)
You're upgrading both LT and LG dumbass.

No you are not.

Branden Albert has only begun to touch his potential, and his ceiling and Joekel's are much the same.

You are replacing a top 10, possibly top 5 LT with a guy who has the potential to be a top 10, possibly top 5 LT, and you are doing with a guy that is probably going to take 3 years to begin to reach his potential.

The only damn spot you are upgrading with that pick is guard.

CoMoChief 01-20-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334696)
No you are not.

Branden Albert has only begun to touch his potential, and his ceiling and Joekel's are much the same.

You are replacing a top 10, possibly top 5 LT with a guy who has the potential to be a top 10, possibly top 5 LT, and you are doing with a guy that is probably going to take 3 years to begin to reach his potential.

The only damn spot you are upgrading with that pick is guard.

Joeckel will be a better LT than Albert, he's also someone that will be able to step in and play very well at a high level immediately. Not to mention if a OT happens to get injured there's some shuffeling we could do and not skip a beat.

Allen and Asamoah makes great depth. They didn't exactly play well last season. Our interior line needs to be upgraded.

Rasputin 01-20-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334704)
Joeckel will be a better LT than Albert, he's also someone that will be able to step in and play very well at a high level immediately. Not to mention if a OT happens to get injured there's some shuffeling we could do and not skip a beat.

Allen and Asamoah makes great depth. They didn't exactly play well last season. Our interior line needs to be upgraded.

We need a QB and Geno Smith will be a stud in the pros. No other pick would help our team more than Geno Smith would. We had the worst scoring offense in the league well that is because of shit QBs in Cassell and Quinn. Jamaal Charles made huge plays running the ball with that offensive line, so it was QB that held us back. Yes our OL needs to improve, but take the best option for a QB first. Then build the team around him. Geno Smith can throw for touchdowns Joeckel cannot.