ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Star's top 10: The best player in draft for Chiefs needs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269250)

siberian khatru 01-24-2013 02:43 PM

Do these guys even listen to themselves?

Deberg_1990 01-24-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9348069)
So according to Banks, Smith isn't worth taking at No. 1 "for value," but he's OK three spots later at 4?

A QB-starved franchise shouldn't "reach" three spots for a player?

GTFO.

I can only guess they are writing this Jeockel crap because of the uncertain Albert situation. Whatever the case, even if we had nothing at LT, id still take a QB #1. Even if Joeckel is the next Orlando Pace combined with Anthony Muzoz, you still take a QB #1.

Frosty 01-24-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9348072)
I can only guess they are writing this Jeockel crap because of the uncertain Albert situation. Whatever the case, even if we had nothing at LT, id still take a QB #1.

Yeah, it's not like the Chiefs drafted two tackles last year or anything.

keg in kc 01-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

I can only guess they are writing this Jeockel crap because of the uncertain Albert situation. Whatever the case, even if we had nothing at LT, id still take a QB #1.

You know...

A thought occurred to me, just now.

We talk about agents prompting the so-called "draft experts" to promote certain guys. What if the Chiefs front office is pushing the Joeckel talk behind the scenes as a negotiating tactic with Albert's agent?

siberian khatru 01-24-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

So as soon as we re-sign Albert, they'll quit it and go QB -- or they'll write, "Taking Joeckel allows the Chiefs to slide Albert inside to G, where he played in college." :doh!:

Frosty 01-24-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9348080)
You know...

A thought occurred to me, just now.

We talk about agents prompting the so-called "draft experts" to promote certain guys. What if the Chiefs front office is pushing the Joeckel talk behind the scenes as a negotiating tactic with Albert's agent?

I'm kind of hoping that the new administration isn't that underhanded but that's probably naive.

ct 01-24-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9346522)
I'd like to kill the mother ****er who started all this Geno isn't worthy bullshit. He has all the stupid fake mockers and the dumbass true fans believing it.

I think when the combine is over, Geno will again be 'worthy' of #1 for any team with a need @QB. They may not put him as #1 prospect, but close enough a QB needy team like KC will have little negative feedback for taking Geno.

MahiMike 01-24-2013 03:31 PM

Everyone trashes the Jarvis Jones pick and, sure we need a QB way more than a LB, but that guy stood out in every game I saw Georgia play. He single-handedly beat Mizzou and Florida.

Strongside 01-24-2013 03:33 PM

Hm. Didn't realize Barry's Kool-Aid had a column in the Star now.

htismaqe 01-24-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9348165)
Everyone trashes the Jarvis Jones pick and, sure we need a QB way more than a LB, but that guy stood out in every game I saw Georgia play. He single-handedly beat Mizzou and Florida.

He has spinal stenosis, which means his career could be over at any moment.

Marcus McNeill was a potential top 10 pick and fell to the 2nd round because of it. He ended up only playing at a high level for about 4 years and by year 5, the Chargers had replaced him.

BossChief 01-24-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9348171)
He has spinal stenosis, which means his career could be over at any moment.

Marcus McNeill was a potential top 10 pick and fell to the 2nd round because of it. He ended up only playing at a high level for about 4 years and by year 5, the Chargers had replaced him.

Here's the counter agument...

Patrick Surtain had a similar problem and played a full career. (This is obviously not a way to approve of taking something other than a QB with our top choice)

-King- 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9346537)
You would be disappointed.

Doubt it. They're on the QB bandwagon. And they rip apart people who mock us taking anyone that's not a QB.

Strongside 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9348181)
Here's the counter agument...

Patrick Surtain had a similar problem and played a full career. (This is obviously not a way to approve of taking something other than a QB with our top choice)

Well...I don't know that he actually played during entire his time here...at least I wouldn't call it that.

BossChief 01-24-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9348182)
Doubt it. They're on the QB bandwagon. And they rip apart people who mock us taking anyone that's not a QB.

Look at how this team responded to Kyle Orton level QBing...Geno is 10 times the player Orton could have ever been...so are at least 2 other qbs from this "undeserving class"

Think about that.

-King- 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9348192)
Look at how this team responded to Kyle Orton level QBing...Geno is 10 times the player Orton could have ever been...so are at least 2 other qbs from this "undeserving class"

Think about that.

Hey, Luke Joeckel could be as good as Joe Thomas. Look at how well the Browns are doing since they draf....

Wait, nevermind.