ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Computers Anonymous just hacked USSC.gov over the Aaron Schwartz "suicide" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269334)

Rausch 01-26-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9352457)
And when these non-state sponsored hackers are stupid enough to go after the honey pot......their life takes a turn for the worse and not a public word is ever spoken.

This.

If they do have classified info and are threatening to disclose it world wide they'd be more safe actually finding launch codes and defecting...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352486)
This.

If they do have classified info and are threatening to disclose it world wide they'd be more safe actually finding launch codes and defecting...

Check Carter's dry cleaners.

BigRedChief 01-26-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352485)
No doubt. I was questioning your usage of "wannabees". I was wondering "wannabees" in what sense? They clearly have some ability.

The wannabee's are the ones that go to shhhh, google hacks etc and then because they can do a little coding think they can really hack a website. You don't need to have ability to hack, just the ability to use Google and willing to risk your freedom for having a little fun.

But, there is a huge gargantun difference between trying to hack a Dept. of Labor website and a DOD website. Most of the wannabes will just see if the hack hasn't been patched yet and if not try to exploit just to see if its possible. No motive beyond just doing the hack.

Rausch 01-26-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352493)
Check Carter's dry cleaners.

Don't get that reference...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9352497)
The wannabee's are the ones that go to shhhh, google hacks etc and then because they can do a little coding think they can really hack a website.

But, there is a huge gargantun difference between trying to hack a Dept. of Labor website and a DOD website. Most of the wannabes will just see if the hack hasn't been patched yet and if not try to exploit just to see if its possible. No motive beyond just doing the hack.

Oh sure. I know very little about Anonymous, but from what I've read, and feel free to correct me, it's more of a shapeless idea than an actual group. You can't really join as much as you adopt a shared philosophy/sentimentality. Obviously, such a large group will attract tons of peons with little expertise, but I would also think that the distributed nature of such a large network of individuals would allow for some pretty gifted individuals to lurk while also utilizing the masses of their membership as a form of a digital meat shield.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352503)
Don't get that reference...

When Carter was president he kept the launch codes in his suit. He forgot to take it out once when it was sent to the dry cleaner's.

Rausch 01-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352514)
When Carter was president he kept the launch codes in his suit. He forgot to take it out once when it was sent to the dry cleaner's.

I didn't know that.

Nice tidbit.

And before me and the wife split up I had an unopened can of "Billy Beer."

I will not disclose how much my dumb ass paid for it...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-26-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9352531)
I didn't know that.

Nice tidbit.

And before me and the wife split up I had an unopened can of "Billy Beer."

I will not disclose how much my dumb ass paid for it...

Heh. Supposedly Billy Carter read a book a day, but played the part of a ****tard for the publicity. I'm not sure whether to believe that one or not.

dmahurin 01-26-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352512)
Oh sure. I know very little about Anonymous, but from what I've read, and feel free to correct me, it's more of a shapeless idea than an actual group. You can't really join as much as you adopt a shared philosophy/sentimentality. Obviously, such a large group will attract tons of peons with little expertise, but I would also think that the distributed nature of such a large network of individuals would allow for some pretty gifted individuals to lurk while also utilizing the masses of their membership as a form of a digital meat shield.

That's pretty much it.

BigRedChief 01-26-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352512)

In the beginning, there was a organization. Now, after they found out if there is a structure is in place, its an easy target. People are doing their own thing and then trying to get with others of like mindedness.

There are some very gifted and talented individuals with a huge motivation to do harm to USA interests. They are even more dangerous than state sponsored hacking. They are anarchists, not thieves.

Rausch 01-26-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9352540)
Heh. Supposedly Billy Carter read a book a day, but played the part of a ****tard for the publicity. I'm not sure whether to believe that one or not.

I feel the same way about dubya.

I'm thinking Obama voters his 2nd term will feel like I did W's 2nd term...

Bump 01-26-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9352167)
There are dumbasses in this world, Anonymous be thy name.

yup, anybody who stands up to corruption is a dumbass or just plain crazy. Just do what you are told to do and shut up. That is the American way of life.

Rausch 01-26-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9352578)
yup, anybody who stands up to corruption is a dumbass or just plain crazy.

Our heroes stood up to corruption and injustice.

Heroes have names.

But yeah, the argument can be made that most of our heroes were ****ing stupid...

Donger 01-26-2013 12:40 PM

Err, are people actually concerned that Anonymous could actually fly our birds?

Bowser 01-26-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9352662)
Err, are people actually concerned that Anonymous could actually fly our birds?

Anything is possible on the internet.