ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269415)

Ace Gunner 01-28-2013 06:36 PM

I am buying more weapons.

El Jefe 01-28-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9359295)
Dude...
don't get me started on that shit.

Or the beautiful wife and lovely children that can't figure out how to TURN OFF A MOTHER****ING LIGHT. I mean shit it's the exact opposite of what ever you did to turn it on
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO ROFL

Easy 6 01-28-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9359077)
My business has grown by a factor of x4 in the last 3 years.

I think that is a result of me busting my ass instead of economy.

May i ask what you do that provides quadruple growth? and also, do you have any openings?

BlackHelicopters 01-28-2013 07:14 PM

People always neglect their teeth. God Bless 'em.

LiveSteam 01-28-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9359370)
Yeah - I'd say I'm affected. I used to get almost double what I currently charge to finish basements. I can't wait for things to right themselves so I can get back to better margins.

This. If I say more I will get in trouble.

HolyHat 01-28-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9358609)
Over/under on being moved to dc

50 posts

And why can this dickwad still start threads?

I'll take the over LMAO

Easy 6 01-28-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9359509)
People always neglect their teeth. God Bless 'em.

Serious question, what is an elusive eightrop?

Is that some kind of tricky dental procedure or what? i've been perplexing over that for longer than i care to admit.

Setsuna 01-28-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9358992)
Heard the term, but never fully understood it. Just looked it up and that's a pretty good job. Average salary is right around six figures, but I don't get the impression you're average. Shit you're black, that makes you huge right out of the gate! That's a good job, man. Sounds like fun too, if you're a numbers nerd like us.

LMAOLMAOROFLROFLLMAOROFL Wow. I think I could definitely be a top candidate for a job based on some ludicrous minority quota a company has to fill. Also can I use you as a reference and also quote you in ALL my interviews? I'll get called the day of my interviews then! Hahahahaha. Seriously though thank you Flop. May blessings be upon you and yours. :D

Mr. Flopnuts 01-28-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9359607)
LMAOLMAOROFLROFLLMAOROFL Wow. I think I could definitely be a top candidate for a job based on some ludicrous minority quota a company has to fill. Also can I use you as a reference and also quote you in ALL my interviews? I'll get called the day of my interviews then! Hahahahaha. Seriously though thank you Flop. May blessings be upon you and yours. :D

ROFL Have them give me a call. I'll set them straight. You as well, bruh.

T-Town 01-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9359040)
Good luck. Don't get too flustrated with it. You have a degree and am sure that will help you out, that shows for something.

Thanks. For the most part I know that something will work out, but I can't help but think about the loans I need to start paying on, not to mention other expenses that are on the way.

notorious 01-28-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9359505)
May i ask what you do that provides quadruple growth? and also, do you have any openings?

Wood Floor Sales, Installation, and Refinishing.

I grew my business through doing Home Shows (they suck), advertising, and area expansion,. Word of mouth is the most powerful, though. It's like a pyramid, once you do a great job for one person, they tell two, those two tell four, etc.

My internet home page has a ton of before/after photos to show customers what I am capable of.

I have made mistakes, and had a few customers that weren't happy (fairly rare), but I do whatever I can to make things right.

In other words, I do the opposite of all the things people hate about most contractors. I pick up the phone, I fix problems very quickly, etc. Eventually word got around that I actually care.

There are still sleepless nights, though. It's the curse of all business owners.

BigRedChief 01-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9358884)
I started out of college at $8 an hour. Stick with it, you'll be fine.

When I was starting out in I.T. I was damn glad to actually get paid $6.00 an hour to do I.T. stuff. Do your time learning. Ask questions, take on additional responsibility.

RunKC 01-28-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9359047)
What's your degree?

Communications with a minor in Business and Marketing

BigRedChief 01-28-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9358746)
Every aspect on my economic life is better. Even my 401k ROI is 16% in the last 12 months.

I opened up my quarterly statement and it was like holy shit :holdman:

SAUTO 01-28-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9359666)
Wood Floor Sales, Installation, and Refinishing.

I grew my business through doing Home Shows (they suck), advertising, and area expansion,. Word of mouth is the most powerful, though. It's like a pyramid, once you do a great job for one person, they tell two, those two tell four, etc.

My internet home page has a ton of before/after photos to show customers what I am capable of.

I have made mistakes, and had a few customers that weren't happy (fairly rare), but I do whatever I can to make things right.

In other words, I do the opposite of all the things people hate about most contractors. I pick up the phone, I fix problems very quickly, etc. Eventually word got around that I actually care.

There are still sleepless nights, though. It's the curse of all business owners.

I do business the same way, there have been times I have lost significant amounts of money to just make someone happy. But people know I care and that is why I'm busy,
Posted via Mobile Device