ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft 2nd rnd. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon gone... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270124)

Sorter 02-20-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9419993)
They said it on ESPN radio at like 7 in the morning a few weeks ago. Just saying lol.

A. I'm not a multi

B. What is so made up in that post?

Simply put, there are not 4 QB's going in the first round of this draft because there aren't any elite QB's in this draft, there is nothing but backup QBs in this draft. Nobody is going to spend a first rounder on a guy they aren't at least 50/50 on being able to be a legitimate starter. As I've already stated, most of you will disagree and justify the waste of a pick with the whole CBA argument nonsense which holds no weight.

In drafts where the QB talent is there, QBs get taken, regardless of the CBA. If the talent isn't there, however, you're not going to see 8, 7, 6, 4 QBs taken in the first round, especially in a draft full of very talented fatties.

So, back to the point, Geno and Wilson are likely to be 1st round guys coming out of this draft. Barkley blows and will not be a first rounder. That leaves Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. Of those three, Bray is probably the best "project" QB because his arm in my mind, is probably the strongest of the bunch. Of those three, Glennon is probably going to be the 3rd guy drafted because it looks like he can start fairly quickly, if not immediately and pickup the reigns, but he has a pretty low ceiling. Nassib on the other hand, is more of a wildcard for me at the moment as I have no idea where I'd place him, and EJ Manuel and Klein can both go blow a Donkey.

Yeah talent like Jake "I throw passes into the ****ing ground consistently", Blaine "I shit my pants against a 3 man rush with two slow, non pass rushing DEs playing 2-gap on the 5 tech" Gabbert and Christian "I am a worse QB than Andy Dalton"

You're out of your mind if you don't think teams are going to reach and justifiably so on the position most needed to be successful in today's NFL.

Thig Lyfe 02-20-2013 06:03 PM

let's cut Cassel and then trade our #1 pick to Free Agency for Matt Cassel

Exoter175 02-20-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419997)
Geno, Barkley, Glennon and Wilson will all go in the first round.

Wanna bet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9420010)
Yeah talent like Jake "I throw passes into the ****ing ground consistently", Blaine "I shit my pants against a 3 man rush with two slow, non pass rushing DEs playing 2-gap on the 5 tech" Gabbert and Christian "I am a worse QB than Andy Dalton"

You're out of your mind if you don't think teams are going to reach and justifiably so on the position most needed to be successful in today's NFL.

I see you ignored all of the qualifiers, let me reiterate for you.

A. If a team isn't at least 50/50 on the person being a legitimate starter
B. If the talent isn't there

We aren't going to reach on a guy who doesn't have talent, who we don't think has a chance to become a legitimate starter.

Its as simple as that. There is MAYBE 2 or 3 guys who could start next season in this draft, and most of those won't be immediate starters.

The fact that we have the first pick in the draft, and all of the buzz around us is how we're going to pickup Alex Smith or Nick Foles should at least be some kind of clue to the fact that nobody thinks there is a solid starter in this draft, at all.

Exoter175 02-20-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9420019)
let's cut Cassel and then trade our #1 pick to Free Agency for Matt Cassel

Fat Scott isn't here anymore, and it wouldn't happen without a draft pick and an aging linebacker.

SAUTO 02-20-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9419997)
Geno, Barkley, Glennon and Wilson will all go in the first round.

And maybe nassib imo
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-20-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9420024)
Wanna bet?

I see you ignored all of the qualifiers, let me reiterate for you.

A. If a team isn't at least 50/50 on the person being a legitimate starter
B. If the talent isn't there

We aren't going to reach on a guy who doesn't have talent, who we don't think has a chance to become a legitimate starter.

Its as simple as that. There is MAYBE 2 or 3 guys who could start next season in this draft, and most of those won't be immediate starters.

The fact that we have the first pick in the draft, and all of the buzz around us is how we're going to pickup Alex Smith or Nick Foles should at least be some kind of clue to the fact that nobody thinks there is a solid starter in this draft, at all.

all the talk about foles and Alex Smith is going wild because that's what we have always done and we just hired the guy who drafted foles.

That's it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-20-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 9419993)
So, back to the point, Geno and Wilson are likely to be 1st round guys coming out of this draft. Barkley blows and will not be a first rounder. That leaves Glennon, Nassib, and Bray. Of those three, Bray is probably the best "project" QB because his arm in my mind, is probably the strongest of the bunch. Of those three, Glennon is probably going to be the 3rd guy drafted because it looks like he can start fairly quickly, if not immediately and pickup the reigns, but he has a pretty low ceiling. Nassib on the other hand, is more of a wildcard for me at the moment as I have no idea where I'd place him, and EJ Manuel and Klein can both go blow a Donkey.

I just glanced at my crystal balls and saw the future. It goes down like this:

- The Chiefs will switch 1sts with the Eagles and Nick Foles will be among the compensation they'll get in return.

- The Chiefs will then draft EJ Manuel in the 4th. This way they can justify giving Foles more snaps in practice, but also develop Manuel as sort of a Cousins typr young back up.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-20-2013 06:33 PM

That would be horrible, Frankie

Sorter 02-20-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9420043)
And maybe nassib imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Quite probable.

Frankie 02-20-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9420143)
That would be horrible, Frankie

Sorry I can't change the future. My crystal balls are never wrong.

Bowser 02-20-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9420136)

- The Chiefs will switch 1sts with the Eagles and Nick Foles will be among the compensation they'll get in return.

- The Chiefs will then draft EJ Manuel in the 4th. This way they can justify giving Foles more snaps in practice, but also develop Manuel as sort of a Cousins typr young back up.

Kill your balls with fire.

RealSNR 02-20-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9420220)
Sorry I can't change the future. My crystal balls are never wrong.

Yesterday you said they were steel balls. Which one is it, man?

evolve27 02-20-2013 08:36 PM

Dysert or Nassib. Or as Petro says Naseeeeb.

Exoter175 02-20-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9420136)

Not a snowballs chance in hell ROFL

Frankie 02-20-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9420334)
Kill your balls with fire.

Can't. Fire proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9420365)
Yesterday you said they were steel balls. Which one is it, man?

I said no such thing.That was only Superman. Don't insult me.