ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The start of my juice cleanse/fast. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270599)

Al Bundy 03-04-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9462640)
Yes, all types of berries, but I actually have been eating them whole. I am not wasting them in the juicer. It takes like 3lbs of blueberries to make one shake, F that noise. I have been eating tons of different berries. Cancer runs in my family very deeply, and I am on a lifestyle change to combat any type of disease or illness I can. The show fat, sick and nearly dead really hit me in the eyes. I don't want to have a stroke or massive heart attack before fourty. If I can eat different types of berries to help me avoid cancer, even if it only matters a couple %, I am going to do it!

Blueberries are my favorite type of berries.

Carlota69 03-04-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9465494)
Jesus Christ, I tried eating a lot of ginger this morning in my smoothie and I burned the shit out of my throat and ass. It certainly clears the pipes too.

Like I said, I'm a spicy bitch. I can handle it. Try a little less next time. Stuff is really good for :)

houstonwhodat 03-04-2013 10:11 PM

Do you have a Vitamix and do you have the shits after doing this???

EagleRob 03-04-2013 10:55 PM

Good luck Jefe. My chiro attributed my 5z per wk migraines to my gall bladder three years ago. He recommended some liver/kidney flush/gall bladder cleanses but told me that just getting rid of the excess fats in my diet would fix the problem. I switched to a raw diet for three weeks and the migraines disappeared. I've since been on 80% raw food (fruit, veg, nuts, seeds) and haven't looked back. I dropped wheat, dairy, and pork for the first year. Also dropped 50 lbs in the process. I don't juice but will water fast for a week every six months to give the body a chance to do some housecleaning. Over time I've stopped having stomach flus, sinusitis, and joint pain. Most recently I've seen random shooting pains in my feet vanish. You're on the right track!

Silock 03-05-2013 02:52 AM

You aren't cleansing any toxins. That's what your liver is for. In any case, good on you for trying a lifestyle change. I hope you find something sustainable after this fad diet loses its luster.

ncCHIEFfan 03-05-2013 04:39 AM

First, I commend anyone who has the courage to make this type of diet change. If you start to plateau or get bored with this I think you should look up Dr. Fuhrman. I have many of his DVDs and some books. I believe "you are what you eat".

Also, I invested in a Vitamix 7500. Great Great investment. Other than the cost I have no complaints. It is by far the best investment in my kitchen and we cook a lot.

Good luck!

Fish 03-05-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9466350)
You aren't cleansing any toxins. That's what your liver is for. In any case, good on you for trying a lifestyle change. I hope you find something sustainable after this fad diet loses its luster.

No joke. The human species would be extinct if the body didn't clean itself of "Toxins" naturally. The idea that you need to shit yourself silly for a week to "Clean" your digestive tract is just a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. This is great for a lifestyle change, and the confidence and positive thinking provides much more than people realize. But you're not magically cleaning any toxins. Your digestive track has billions of bacteria per square inch. And that's a good thing. Each person's flora of gut bacteria is an insanely complicated and ever changing environment. There's good bacteria and bad. And it's not possible to simply separate the two. Suffice to say it's way too complex to think humans could easily alter this delicate balance in any positive way. And it's absolutely not happening by just intentionally giving yourself diarrhea with a juice fast.

Good on people for making positive nutrition changes with the idea of bettering your health. But don't kid yourself into thinking you have to do this to avoid some toxin buildup or other such nonsense.

Jenson71 03-05-2013 09:22 AM

I'm really interested in trying out this Mean Green Juice stuff. I have a blender which makes great smoothies, but I think it would bust if I tried to add in a chunk of ginger. I have a really small food processor though, so I think I'll chop up the ginger, then process it, then add it to the blender to make the Mean Green Juice. I think my blender can handle the celery and cucumber fine. It handles ice well enough.

El Jefe 03-05-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9465645)
Do you have a Vitamix and do you have the shits after doing this???

No, I don't have a vitamix, but I do have a blender I use a lot, can't think of the name off the top of my head. It's been solid, we have ran a lot of fruit through it. I have not had an issue with running poop at all, I did the second day, but it hasn't been bad since.

El Jefe 03-05-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9465763)
Good luck Jefe. My chiro attributed my 5z per wk migraines to my gall bladder three years ago. He recommended some liver/kidney flush/gall bladder cleanses but told me that just getting rid of the excess fats in my diet would fix the problem. I switched to a raw diet for three weeks and the migraines disappeared. I've since been on 80% raw food (fruit, veg, nuts, seeds) and haven't looked back. I dropped wheat, dairy, and pork for the first year. Also dropped 50 lbs in the process. I don't juice but will water fast for a week every six months to give the body a chance to do some housecleaning. Over time I've stopped having stomach flus, sinusitis, and joint pain. Most recently I've seen random shooting pains in my feet vanish. You're on the right track!

Hot dang man! That is awesome. I'm not sure if I would be able to stay up at the 80% raw, I think I could do 60%, but 80% is some dedication, so good on you for that. 50lbs of weight loss is freaking great mate! I'm really interested in seeing how well I am able to ward of sicknesses staying as diligent as I am.

El Jefe 03-05-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9466350)

Yeah, I understand that, but I like the idea of flushing the bad things out lol. I will definitely stay on track, this isn't a diet for me, but a new beginning.

El Jefe 03-05-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La literatura (Post 9466588)
I'm really interested in trying out this Mean Green Juice stuff. I have a blender which makes great smoothies, but I think it would bust if I tried to add in a chunk of ginger. I have a really small food processor though, so I think I'll chop up the ginger, then process it, then add it to the blender to make the Mean Green Juice. I think my blender can handle the celery and cucumber fine. It handles ice well enough.

I did the same thing with my blender, I chopped everything up into really small pieces, and my blender had no problem. If you try the mean green juice, definitely put some pineapple in it. Your supposed to follow the 80/20 rule, 80% veggies 20% fruit, but I find the taste is better if you add just a bit more fruit. Last night I put ginger in my mean green juice, but I haven't tried it yet.

El Jefe 03-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9466577)
No joke. The human species would be extinct if the body didn't clean itself of "Toxins" naturally. The idea that you need to shit yourself silly for a week to "Clean" your digestive tract is just a complete lack of understanding of how the body works. This is great for a lifestyle change, and the confidence and positive thinking provides much more than people realize. But you're not magically cleaning any toxins. Your digestive track has billions of bacteria per square inch. And that's a good thing. Each person's flora of gut bacteria is an insanely complicated and ever changing environment. There's good bacteria and bad. And it's not possible to simply separate the two. Suffice to say it's way too complex to think humans could easily alter this delicate balance in any positive way. And it's absolutely not happening by just intentionally giving yourself diarrhea with a juice fast.

Good on people for making positive nutrition changes with the idea of bettering your health. But don't kid yourself into thinking you have to do this to avoid some toxin buildup or other such nonsense.

I'm in this camp. I watched a documentary on vegans and another on eating raw, and I just am not as fanatical or gullibe (in some regards). I agree with what you are saying, but I needed a change in the worst way, and I am 100X healthier now than I was.