ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271468)

Stanley Nickels 03-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530213)
you don't think that the distribution of that 10% might be skewed? i'd think that gay folks would try to avoid an environment like that...

You're forgetting that much of the 10% are men and women who either live in denial or believe they can "change" their sexuality. There's a whole range of behavioral reactions to having feelings that parts of society believe are immoral and "unnatural". It's easy for you and I to say "if I were gay, I'd be open and proud", but we've never had to deal with anything remotely like that. (Sorry to speak for you, but I'm just making an assumption)

Dave Lane 03-26-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530190)
how is that a fact? you didn't know them

Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

loochy 03-26-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9530235)
Statistically 10% are gay and in that large of a group its probably going to be close to the proper number.

Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

Rain Man 03-26-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530223)
This is a really good point that I hadn't considered. If a team will target RGIII's legs because it offers a potentially huge competitive advantage, you can damn well bet that someone will disregard their own opinions, if it means affecting a player's performance. Whether it's Manti Te'o, The Unnamed Gay (good CP handle idea, there), or anyone else, there's a psychological battle that benefits the ones who have the least dirt that can be used against them.

DT's Monday Night meltdown is a perfect example of this in the most heterosexual context possible.

Brock 03-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9530239)
Like I said earlier, don't you think that that 10% might be skewed away from a group that acts and behaves in a manner consistent with what is expected of a fraternity (i.e. groupthink, hazing, etc)? Conventional viewpoints would think that would be a bad situation for a gay man.

I would hazard a guess that the percentage is higher in frats, just based on their behavior and the desire to live in a house with a bunch of dudes.

Canofbier 03-26-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9529939)
I wouldn't have enjoyed being around an openly gay guy in my frat in college. It's possible one of the 100 was but it certainly wasn't known. I wouldn't shower in the common area with the possibility he'd show up in there. Anyone who can't understand the natural aversion straight males have to this, is a ****ing moron.

I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole.

There is no doubt that there are some in the NFL that would be uncomfortable with a homosexual teammate. Based on what Fujita is saying, however, it sounds like most players are willing to accept a teammate for what or who he is. Given the other issues that the players have on their plates (keeping their spots on the depth chart, practicing for their next game), I doubt that having a few gay players on the team would alter the locker room dynamic much.

Tribal Warfare 03-26-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9529997)
I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.

If they don't make a big issue out of it, I have no problem. One of my cousins is gay so I'm very tolerant .

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9530206)
It's estimated that 10% of the population is gay. %.

No it's not. It's 2-3%.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9530251)
I'd imagine that the majority of people in this thread are straight males, and there isn't any lack of people lining up to argue against you. It's awfully presumptuous of you to assume that your experience is representative of straight men as a whole..

You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

boogblaster 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

tolerant .. thats the problem now .. go bak in the closets you unnatural sob's .....

scho63 03-26-2013 10:10 AM

I don't care if every Chiefs player were gay if they get us to the Super Bowl and win.

"Just win baby"

Brock 03-26-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9529997)
I guess 'tribal' and suds' would have no problem and actually feel very comfortable in the locker room with a naked gay black guy on each side of them potentially wanting to play 'oreo cookie' or if the gay guys were white then they could play 'vanilla wafered'.:

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this. Really a lot. Like, way more than a normal straight guy would. Food for thought.

Canofbier 03-26-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9530264)
You can't be serious. What people say on a message board and what people would actually do when confronted with a situation are two completely different things.

Depends on the person, I guess. I have absolutely no incentive to put on a front here on CP; I say what I mean, and I don't exaggerate my opinions to try and make myself look better.

houstonwhodat 03-26-2013 10:13 AM

Should this be a sticky?

gblowfish 03-26-2013 10:14 AM

He's super, thanks for asking!
http://i49.tinypic.com/10s9lpl.jpg