ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Joeckeling of SNR (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271753)

Sassy Squatch 04-04-2013 01:29 AM

Wow. 7 sacks? 5 would've been a better benchmark IMO.

Rasputin 04-04-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9555500)
Joker gonna give up 2 sacks a game. Dickshun's goose is cooked....drizzled with rape sauce.

That is what I think he is going to average for giving up sacks protecting Alex Smith.

crazycoffey 04-04-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9555402)
"Rape Toy". That's a good band name.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like Struggle Snugglers better.

crazycoffey 04-04-2013 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9555480)
dont puss out, SNR

We're going to cover Direckjan's face in our genetic material.

you're going to shit on him/her?

Messier 04-04-2013 03:31 AM

Here it is again. I don't get it. So many people here talk like Joeckel is barely draftable. Show me one expert that says he's way overrated. Not saying someone our there isn't saying it, but I haven't seen them. I understand preferring Fisher to Joeckel, I do too, but people here talk like he's gonna play like an undrafted rookie.

Mother****erJones 04-04-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9555437)
Alright you little bitch, here's some beef:

If Luke Joeckel gives up 7 or more sacks, you have to make little shows of obeisance and prayer to every thread I post. Basically just come in the thread and make a post blowing me. I have confidence you can mix it up.

If Joeckel gaves up fewer than seven sacks I'll do the same for your shitty threads.

If joeckel gives up not gaves up, dipshit

Mother****erJones 04-04-2013 04:45 AM

Ill take a bet too. The NFC East will make cockle their bitch this year

The Bad Guy 04-04-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9555322)
IMO, he'll need to be a top 5 OT to justify the selection for next season.

Is his contract for one year?

bevischief 04-04-2013 06:40 AM

wow.ROFLROFL

Rasputin 04-04-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9555511)
Here it is again. I don't get it. So many people here talk like Joeckel is barely draftable. Show me one expert that says he's way overrated. Not saying someone our there isn't saying it, but I haven't seen them. I understand preferring Fisher to Joeckel, I do too, but people here talk like he's gonna play like an undrafted rookie.

Oh Oh Oh I don't give a **** about "experts" have to say about prospects. I'm not saying Joeckel is that bad but he isn't worth OUR #1 pick of the draft. **** Joeckel.

Mother****erJones 04-04-2013 07:41 AM

How well did Jake Long work out for the Dolphins?

RealSNR 04-04-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9555511)

Joeckel is NOT a finished product coming out of college. He honestly reminds me a lot of Jason Smith. Perhaps he won't fail as hard. In fact, he very likely won't. But I predict the NFL is going to be a shock to his system, and it will show. Hard.

Buehler445 04-04-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9555730)
Joeckel is NOT a finished product coming out of college. He honestly reminds me a lot of Jason Smith. Perhaps he won't fail as hard. In fact, he very likely won't. But I predict the NFL is going to be a shock to his system, and it will show. Hard.

I think your bet should represent that. If he sucks bawls and Reid can't justify playing him in front of some jackwagon that gives up 7 sacks, your bet is null, when in fact, that situation would be much more egregious than just giving up 7 sacks.

I don't think that would happen if he went 1 overall, but I'd hate to bet. This ****ing franchise did draft Tyson Jackson #3 overall.

Direckshun 04-04-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9555730)
Joeckel is NOT a finished product coming out of college. He honestly reminds me a lot of Jason Smith.

You are so full of shit, you might as well start honoring your bet now and get it over with.

Joeckel's Jason Smith?

Jason Smith was an unproven athletic wonder who blew up after the Combine. Lane Johnson is Jason Smith, if anybody.

Joeckel's not an athletic wonder. He is a technician who's perhaps the most proven OT prospect to come out in the Top Ten since Russell Okung.

RealSNR 04-04-2013 08:56 AM

These two scouting reports look awwwwwwwwwwfully similar to me...

Quote:

Positives: Tall, athletic left tackle prospect. Excellent straight-line speed and hustle, getting downfield on screens and long runs. Can pull and trap, running smoothly and adjusting to oncoming defenders. Moves to the second level quickly, using good angles to keep linebackers out of the play. Should work well in zone-blocking schemes with his ability to lock onto defenders and move. Gets down quickly to cut block despite his height. Adjusts well to outside blitzers. Willing to throw his man to the ground and keep him there. Has made significant improvement in terms of technique and strength over the past two years at left tackle.

Negatives: Typically operates out of a two-point stance for his school. Raw in his pass-set technique, standing a bit upright and backpedaling instead of sliding to mirror his man. Locks onto his man at first, but eventually loses his balance and grip due to his average upper-body strength and footwork. Does not have much of a punch in pass protection. Can lose the hands battle on the line. Could use a bit more bulk in the lower body to be more effective as a drive blocker. May initially have to be moved inside to left guard for a zone-blocking team.
Quote:

STRENGTHS Technically-sound left tackle prospect. Plays with good bend and a very wide base in pass protection in spite of his long legs. Moves feet quickly and stays in balance, rarely giving up the edge and pulling off the down block/outside blitz pick-up admirably. Good timing and strength on his punch, possesses good hand placement and will reset them to maintain distance. Recovers quickly if his misses his punch, stays on his man. Gets after his man in the run game, has foot quickness to get correct angle and keeps them moving to sustain the block. Good power step inside to choke off inside spin moves. Capable cut-blocker. Excellent athleticism and foot speed, showing the ability to mirror and stay in front of many talented pass rushers over his three years starting.

WEAKNESSES Does not possess elite upper or lower-body strength; only adequate as a drive-blocker and can be pushed back by better defensive ends and shed in the run game. Foot quickness is good, but does not execute the reach block as often as you’d like. Overextends his punch on occasion, vulnerable to a rip move outside or spin inside. Played exclusively in a two-point stance and can get caught playing upright. Due to his QB’s ability to break the pocket and scramble, did not frequently face pass rushers that challenged him hard upfield