ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I'm a Top Five poster on CP most definitely (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271775)

Hootie 04-04-2013 10:57 PM

wrong

you can call a player elite whenever you watch him play and say, "wow, that guy is elite."

but when it comes to football, Dave, it's clear you don't know what you're watching.

BigMeatballDave 04-04-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9558367)
wrong

you can call a player elite whenever you watch him play and say, "wow, that guy is elite."

but when it comes to football, Dave, it's clear you don't know what you're watching.

LMAO

An elite player is defined by playing at a high level, consistently, for multiple seasons.

Ming the Merciless 04-04-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

if you are a ****ing moron, yes

Imon Yourside 04-04-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

wrong

You're out to lunch on this one, probably with Peyton Manning.

Hootie 04-04-2013 11:23 PM

ok guys

that's why 5 years ago I saw Aaron Rodgers and I was like..."wow, that guy is elite!"

and that's why this year I was like, "wow, Russell Wilson is elite!"

You guys can go ahead and wait 4 years to come to the same conclusion I can come to right away I guess...

AJ Green isn't elite?! That's classic.

wazu 04-04-2013 11:25 PM

Bowe isn't top 5. Probably not Top 10 either. But he's our guy, and we love him.

http://www.pitch.com/binary/25af/135...shirt_crop.jpg

Simply Red 04-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9558394)
Bowe isn't top 5. Probably not Top 10 either. But he's our guy, and we love him.

http://www.pitch.com/binary/25af/135...shirt_crop.jpg

:thumb:

Setsuna 04-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9558021)
Nah I don't troll. You all have too many of those here already. I just caught that on ESPN and wondered how many of his hometown fans agree with his own self-assessment. If you were Clark / Dorsey would you pay him top five money based on what you have seen and what you think he could do going forward? They gave him 5 for 56M right? Is that top five money?

You do troll. You are guilty!

NSFW and don't watch if you don't like the loose use of the 'n' word in a cartoon.
Spoiler!

EagleRob 04-05-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9558407)
You do troll. You are guilty!

NSFW and don't watch if you don't like the loose use of the 'n' word in a cartoon.
Spoiler!

Maybe I don't know the definition of trolling but I assume it means starting a thread just for the sake of getting people to argue? Well then what is the purpose of a message board - circle jerking? Now if I were to start a thread about the merits of owning a poorly trained pitbull or the wonders of interracial dating (nothing to do with the Chiefs whatsoever and an obviously inflammatory subject) then I could see it as trolling. But I know and you know I'm not trolling because in 98 posts nobody yet told me to drink the antifreeze puddle dripping from the AIDS tree. Though it's surely on its way... ...

LoneWolf 04-05-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9558491)
Maybe I don't know the definition of trolling but I assume it means starting a thread just for the sake of getting people to argue? Well then what is the purpose of a message board - circle jerking? Now if I were to start a thread about the merits of owning a poorly trained pitbull or the wonders of interracial dating (nothing to do with the Chiefs whatsoever and an obviously inflammatory subject) then I could see it as trolling. But I know and you know I'm not trolling because in 98 posts nobody yet told me to drink the antifreeze puddle dripping from the AIDS tree. Though it's surely on its way... ...

Drink the antifreeze puddle dripping from the AIDS tree, troll. :evil:

EagleRob 04-05-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9558233)
Its funny an Eagles fan brings this up here. One of my good friend's is an Eagles fan and has been arguing that DeSean Jackson is better than Dwayne Bowe. Of all people, DeSean ****ing Jackson. He even thinks he's gotten the better of me because every time we have the argument, he turns to everyone in the room and they all agree with him. ****ing reeruns. That dude sucks. Just tell him to run straight every play; that's all he good for..

He also argues LeSean McCoy is better than Jamaal Charles. You can't make this shit up, folks.

Anyway, I think Hootie hit this one on the head. Based off of production over the last few years (with last year being weighted most heavily), taking QB play into account, and future potential, there are three guys that go in tier 1 for sure: Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Andre Johnson. I'd probably throw AJ Green and Julio Jones in there on a generous day. I might be inclined to throw Brandon Marshall in there if I just got laid or something.

You could throw a ton of guys in tier 2. Off the top of my head: Dwayne Bowe, Roddy White, Demaryious Thomas, Michael Crabtree, Vincent Jackson, Marques Colston, Wes Welker, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant. I don't even care to name anymore. You give me a choice between any one of these guys in a pick-up game, it would be tough to make.

DJax had a ton of potential but he doesnt have the heart of a champion. He's not willing to leave it all on the field. It's sad when a guy is holding somethig back because everybody watching can see it and he's done that the past two years. That's why he will never be Top 20.

alanm 04-05-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9558255)
I'm biased towards Green because he's on my fantasy team. IMO, it's Megatron, Larry Fitz then AJ and Julio down by the schoolyard. I know I'm too harsh in my criticism of Bowe. When his career is done he will be the KC's best WR ever. That of course is an indictment of the franchise as much as it's praise of Bowe's abilities.

I've watched the Chiefs for a looooooooong time. Otis Taylor was CLUTCH and didn't have a problem holding on to a ball thrown to him. Bowe's not even in Taylor's league yet.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-05-2013 05:19 AM

Bowe is a top 10 WR. Probably a bit better than that. His numbers with the QB's that have thrown him the ball, the different offenses, etc. speak for itself.

I'm just posting in here to say EagleRob's sig makes me JIMP.

EagleRob 04-05-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9558494)
Drink the antifreeze puddle dripping from the AIDS tree, troll. :evil:

This!

ChiTown 04-05-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9558393)
ok guys

that's why 5 years ago I saw Aaron Rodgers and I was like..."wow, that guy is elite!"

and that's why this year I was like, "wow, Russell Wilson is elite!"

You guys can go ahead and wait 4 years to come to the same conclusion I can come to right away I guess...

AJ Green isn't elite?! That's classic.

LOL

You are a ****ing genius