ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We just might get a trade down yet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272042)

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:15 PM

Hey, I'm with ya...but not if that means dropping all the way from 1 to 12...

If we aren't taking a qb (and we aren't) then I'd prefer them to move back 3 or 4 times and get a boatload of 2s and 3s and picks in future drafts if at all possible...and end up selecting in the mid to late 20s.

I'd be fine with that.

Again, prefaced with "if they aren't gonna take a qb"

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9582245)
The draft value chart is the place you start, not the place you finish.

The Chiefs should be looking to offer the 1st overall at a bargain's bargain.

If they did it for a single 1st round pick, then yeah.

If you research the breakdowns, it's used as a guideline, not as gospel.

If they offer a trade down at a 500 point discount, that would probably get teams interested...according to The Bad Guy, multiple teams have already called wanting to move up to 1.

DaneMcCloud 04-12-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9582251)
Hey, I'm with ya...but not if that means dropping all the way from 1 to 12...

If we aren't taking a qb (and we aren't) then I'd prefer them to move back 3 or 4 times and get a boatload of 2s and 3s and picks in future drafts if at all possible...and end up selecting in the mid to late 20s.

I'd be fine with that.

Again, prefaced with "if they aren't gonna take a qb"

Is this team better with Joeckel/Fisher or with an Ansah and a Brown?

If your answer is the latter, you make the trade.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-12-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9580955)
The Chiefs luck; they take Geno at 1; the everyone goes batshit and someone trades with Jax for 2 2nds this year a 1st next year; and 2 2nds the net year.

lol

Chiefs luck my ass. More like Chiefs actually did something right since taking Berry at five. Give me that kind of "bad luck" every time, every year please...
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:25 PM

That's a valid point. I just think that if a team can move from 12 to 1 for only a second rounder, someone would offer more.

cdcox 04-12-2013 09:29 PM

Geez, blow your first round pick on a LT every four years? The Dolphins are as reeruned as the Chiefs.

Chiefaholic 04-12-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9582246)
We hold out for that, and the Fish are trading with someone else. And we get Joeckel.

I doubt they get actual draft value. But, that was a response to the nonsense in which somebody stated we'de drop 11 spots in the draft for a single second round pick. There's an 1800 point difference between 1 and 12 and mid 2nd rounders are only worth 400 pts (give or take). It'll take more than that and I'd be pissed if Dorsey caved for so little compensation.

saphojunkie 04-12-2013 09:49 PM

We will trade down and we will take the highest offer. Your insipid arguments about "value" mean jack ****ing shit.

BossChief 04-12-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9582291)
I doubt they get actual draft value. But, that was a response to the nonsense in which somebody stated we'de drop 11 spots in the draft for a single second round pick. There's an 1800 point difference between 1 and 12 and mid 2nd rounders are only worth 400 pts (give or take). It'll take more than that and I'd be pissed if Dorsey caved for so little compensation.

Danes point is valid, though.

I'd rather get raped on compensation that get raped by staying put and taking Joeckel.

I think Luke Joeckel may be the most overhyped prospect I've EVER see go through the draft process. Watch his Florida and Alabama games, he got beat all day and bailed out by Manziel.

They need to get Albert locked up long term and take a qb or trade down.

Chiefaholic 04-12-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9582301)
Danes point is valid, though.

I'd rather get raped on compensation that get raped by staying put and taking Joeckel.

I think Luke Joeckel may be the most overhyped prospect I've EVER see go through the draft process. Watch his Florida and Alabama games, he got beat all day and bailed out by Manziel.

They need to get Albert locked up long term and take a qb or trade down.

IF Dorsey trades down, I guarantee he gets within 500 points of actual value of the pick. Who's to say we don't make a couple moves and acquire multiple future picks. With the "lack of talent" in this draft, teams might be more inclined to move up to get their guy, rather than stand pat and hope their guy drops.

And I agree about Albert getting locked up long term. I don't want to waste the pick on a position we're already pretty decent at.

jd1020 04-12-2013 09:58 PM

Dorsey would fire himself if he traded down to #12 for just a 2nd round pick.

DaneMcCloud 04-12-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9582312)
IF Dorsey trades down, I guarantee he gets within 500 points of actual value of the pick. Who's to say we don't make a couple moves and acquire multiple future picks. With the "lack of talent" in this draft, teams might be more inclined to move up to get their guy, rather than stand pat and hope their guy drops.

Improving the team is all that should concern Dorsey.

If the Chiefs take Joeckel/Fisher, they're treading water.

If they take an Ansah and a Brown, they've upgraded their defense for years to come. Three relentless pass rushers and a stud next to DJ would go much further than standing pat and taking a left tackle.

Value, schmalue.

BossChief 04-12-2013 10:07 PM

I wouldn't draft Ansah that high though. I think he is around the 5th or 6th best pass rusher in this class and has massive bust potential for multiple reasons.

1) age - his birth isn't formally recorded and his age is basically an educated guess. The guy looks 28-30 to me.

2) less than one year as starter and only 3 years playing football at all. He won't physically dominate NFL left tackles IMO.

There are more concerns I have with him, but those are the two major ones.

Chiefaholic 04-12-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9582315)
Improving the team is all that should concern Dorsey.

If the Chiefs take Joeckel/Fisher, they're treading water.

If they take an Ansah and a Brown, they've upgraded their defense for years to come. Three relentless pass rushers and a stud next to DJ would go much further than standing pat and taking a left tackle.

Value, schmalue.

I don't disagree with the value of Ansah and Brown vs. Joker/Fisher. However, there's multiple teams rumored to be talking trade already. If we can get more, then take it. Let the bidding war begin.....

DaneMcCloud 04-12-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 9582323)
I don't disagree with the value of Ansah and Brown vs. Joker/Fisher. However, there's multiple teams rumored to be talking trade already. If we can get more, then take it. Let the bidding war begin.....

Yeah, I'm good with the Chiefs making the best deal possible, no doubt.

I just want don't expect Dorsey to be stubborn and use a value chart in order to determine whether or not the Chiefs should make a trade.

With this draft class and the team's needs, two players will be better than one, IMO.