ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Chiefs give Branden Albert permission to meet with Dolphins (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272237)

Marcellus 04-18-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9599794)
Alright then, in your opinion, instead of taking a qb #1, what, and possibly who, would you pick?

If I cant trade out I pick either Dion Jordan or somebody else for defense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9599843)
That excuse doesn't wash with me anymore after 30 ****ing years of doing the same thing, over and over. Sorry, no excuses, they aren't going to try, end of story.

If Andrew Luck was setting there, they would have traded out of it for the opportunity to draft both an OT and a DT.

Bull ****ing shit. I know its hard to separate now with the past but Dorsey and Reid have not been here 30 years nor do they have a history of neglecting the QB position.

Just because their first year here they aren't in a situation to draft a QB in the 1st round (their opinion) it does not mean they are the people who have failed to do it for the last 30 years.

I know its the "easy" way to look at things but its simply not that simple. You dont draft a QB 1.1 if you don't think they are the answer.

Does anyone really think this would be going on if this was the 2012 draft class of QB's? No we wouldn't have this situation.

That in itself tells you the issue is the talent pool not the decision makers.

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Hoover 04-18-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9599859)
Hopefully Albert and the Fins can hammer out a favorable deal.

The better the deal, the better our compensation for him will be.

THIS

Rausch 04-18-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9599881)
Yes, I have been wanting them to draft a QB in the first for a very long time.

So just admit to it instead of trying to shrug it off like the ugly girl that didn't go to the prom...

ChiefAshhole20 04-18-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9599543)
To me, the fact they are so adamant on getting a 2nd rounder makes it seem like they either want a QB there or they want ammo if they need to move up.

Additionally, if they could move down to 4, get Fisher/Joeckel and pick up another 2nd or 3rd, they'd have enough ammo to move up.

****, I hate trying to rationalize this.

I quit trying to rationalize this franchise. Every time I try to see the bright possibilities of their decisions, it just turns into shitty shitty disappointment.

Rausch 04-18-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9599891)
I quit trying to rationalize this franchise. Every time I try to see the bright possibilities of their decisions, it just turns into shitty shitty disappointment.

This and right there.

But my battered-wife ass still keeps coming home...

ptlyon 04-18-2013 01:35 PM

Thanks for your honesty Marcellus.

Now please explain to me how that is any better than picking a qb.

And don't use draft "experts" opinions doing it please.

Marcellus 04-18-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9599896)
This and right there.

But my battered-wife ass still keeps coming home...

Get your ass up and get me a beer before I hit you again.:D

notorious 04-18-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9599898)

What do you tell a Chiefs' fan with two black eyes?

Nothing. You've already told him twice.

Rausch 04-18-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9599898)

LMAO

Rausch 04-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9599903)
What do you tell a Chiefs' fan with two black eyes?

Renew your season tickets before you hit 60...

Marcellus 04-18-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9599897)
Thanks for your honesty Marcellus.

Now please explain to me how that is any better than picking a qb.

And don't use draft "experts" opinions doing it please.

Better by what definition?

They traded for Alex Smith because they don't believe this draft class has a franchise QB, they feel they don't need a QB at least not early or soon. You draft what player you think gives your team the most bang for the buck.

Instead of trying to approach every argument on this draft as if Geno is going to be a stud QB and assume he is not an option, who would YOU draft?

Everyone is taking the Geno or bust position and thats pretty ridiculous considering he doesnt appear to be a lock for anything.

Direckshun 04-18-2013 01:41 PM

The best we can hope for is that the Dolphins trade their 2a pick, and throw in a conditional 2014 pick.

That'd almost totally recoup the Alex Smith trade.

Direckshun 04-18-2013 01:42 PM

And you can throw me in the camp that the Chiefs are definitely targeting Tyler Wilson with a high-ish 2nd rounder from the Fins.

Seems like a typical Andy Reid move, like what he did with Kolb.

crossbow 04-18-2013 01:44 PM

Perhaps Dorsey can team up with Alard Baird to hammer out an epic trade. They can trade stars for bums that are't in the league after two years.

HemiEd 04-18-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9599884)
Bull ****ing shit. I know its hard to separate now with the past but Dorsey and Reid have not been here 30 years nor do they have a history of neglecting the QB position.

Just because their first year here they aren't in a situation to draft a QB in the 1st round (their opinion) it does not mean they are the people who have failed to do it for the last 30 years. If I cant trade out I pick either Dion Jordan or somebody else for defense.

I know its the "easy" way to look at things but its simply not that simple. You dont draft a QB 1.1 if you don't think they are the answer.

Does anyone really think this would be going on if this was the 2012 draft class of QB's? No we wouldn't have this situation.

That in itself tells you the issue is the talent pool not the decision makers.

You cant make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That is bullshit, and you have your head buried in the sand, sorry, it is actually very simple.
You don't find it damming that the last two new GMs very first personnel moves were to trade their high second round pick for Cassel and Smith? You don't find it damming that Carl Peterson was the GM over 20 years without drafting a 1st round QB? Are ****ing kidding me? Seriously?

Next year baby, we will draft one next year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9599887)
So just admit to it instead of trying to shrug it off like the ugly girl that didn't go to the prom...

I have never denied it, ever. You are guaranteed to fail if you fail to try.