ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

-King- 04-21-2013 09:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609453)
Look dude I understand CK is better than Smith, you are trying to say Smith = Cassel.

Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive. People here have gone full ****ing reerun.

If we had both QB's we would play CK, fact is we dont have both of them and guess what CK > than Geno too.

Because Ck is better than Smith does not mean Smith is not good enough.

Thats a simple fact that people here cant get straight in their minds Its also hilarious people think had we not traded for Smith nobody else would have given a 2nd. Its laughable.

So? And someone else would have given up a 2nd for Cassel. What's your point?

At the end of the day, Cassel has one pretty much everything Smith has despite starting less games. It's funny how you refuse to acknowledge it.

philfree 04-21-2013 09:38 AM

I can't agree with Smith = Cassel. I was pretty upset when we made the trade but all one has to do is look at the last three years of their careers and you'll see one player headed up and the other headed down. Both players had their best year in that span. One player helped win some playoff games and then actually came out and played better the next season before he was injured and benched. The other chocked at the end of his best season and lost his playoff game putting up a 20 QB rating and in his next two seasons he chocked in almost every game he played.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-21-2013 09:39 AM

Bowe must have heard(insert any QB not named Alex)was coming to town.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 04-21-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9609450)
LMAO LMAO You sound like a true fan and I don't even like to use that phrase.

"Be happy with every move the team makes. Yay! Who cares if the Chiefs have made that same move the past 20 years and have ZERO playoff wins to show for it! Support it! Yay!"

Once again you are showing your ignorance.

I wanted Geno,and in fact it influenced my decision to not buy season tickets.

The fact I wanted Geno doesn't make Smith a worse QB. That is the issue at hand. People here have devalued Alex because they wanted Geno and if you cant see that, I dont know what to say.

Wait and see Geno fall to the bottom of the 1st round Thursday and see who was right.

-King- 04-21-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609471)
Once agin yo are shoing your ignorance.

I wanted Geno,and in fact it influenced my decision to not buy season tickets.

The fact I wanted Geno doesn't make Smith a worse QB. That is the issue at hand. People here have devalued Alex because they wanted Geno and if you cant see that, I dont know what to say.

Wait and see Geno fall to the bottom of the 1st round Thursday and see who was right.

I haven't even mentioned Geno the whole thread. Don't know why you keep doing it.

Marcellus 04-21-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9609468)
I can't agree with Smith = Cassel. I was pretty upset when we made the trade but all one has to do is look at the last three years of their careers and you'll see one player headed up and the other headed down. Both players had their best year in that span. One player helped win some playoff games and then actually came out and played better the next season before he was injured and benched. The other chocked at the end of his best season and lost his playoff game putting up a 20 QB rating and in his next two seasons he chocked in almost every game he played.

Common sense is not welcome here

milkman 04-21-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609461)
Dude I supported Cassel at first like many did. Once again if you cant see the difference its not my fault.

Feel free to be wrong this time. :D

I've drawn this comparison before.

If I'm homeless and living on the street, if I find a good refrigerator box to use as shelter, I've upgraded my situation.

I'm still homeless, and my situation still sucks, however.

Marcellus 04-21-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9609472)
I haven't even mentioned Geno the whole thread. Don't know why you keep doing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609471)
People here have devalued Alex because they wanted Geno and if you cant see that, I dont know what to say

What part of this is difficult to understand?

OnTheWarpath15 04-21-2013 09:44 AM

Forget the stats, there's only one area where Smith = Cassel matters.

Neither are good enough QB's to win a championship with unless you build a 1985 Bears/2000 Ravens defense and everything else falls perfectly.

Every year he's the starter is a waste, except for the folks that are content with 8 wins every year. Playing Smith isn't building towards anything, it's spinning your wheels.

Or as someone posted on Twitter, trading for Alex Smith is like stopping at $8,000 on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - the money is nice, but it's not life-changing.

milkman 04-21-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609477)

It's not that we don't understand.

It's that you don't understand.

Geno is a pipe dream.

We aren't drafting him, and most of us have moved on.

I don't want Alex Smith because Alex Smith is garbage.

I would rather have signed Drew Stanton and hoped for a QB in a future draft than give up premium picks for Smith and hope for a QB in fiture drafts.

We could have signed garbage for free.

Instead, we paid a premium price to have garbage dumped on us.

mikey23545 04-21-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9609257)
That, and the QB rating, are a couple of the most useless metrics in all of sports.

Especially if they don't say what you want them to say.

Rasputin 04-21-2013 09:50 AM

I bet Alex Smith misses at least 3 games this year due to injury. Hell Chase may even out shine Alex Smith if given the opportunity & I'm not a fan of Mizzou.

milkman 04-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9609488)
Especially if they don't say what you want them to say.

Yeah.

Because Damon Huard having the second best QB rating in a season, while John Elway never having a rating above 85 before Mike Shannahan was hired tells us that QB rating is such an effective measure of QB performance.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-21-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9609493)
I bet Alex Smith misses at least 3 games this year due to injury. Hell Chase may even out shine Alex Smith if given the opportunity & I'm not a fan of Mizzou.

Hoping for Chase to become great is pissing up a tree but at this point, it's all I have and I'll take it. We all know Alice is another train-wreck to nowhere. Kind of like Charlie Sheen minus the entertainment factor.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 04-21-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9609477)

People have devalued him? Something has to have value in order to be devalued. Even before Geno was in the equation people didn't want Alex Smith. So I don't know Wtf you are talking about. Even after the 2011 season no one was saying we should dump Matt Cassel and trade for Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device