ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650945)
night all

i always sleep well after clowning marcellus

So you have never slept well? That must suck ass.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650961)
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

No its common sense. Look at 2009. You see one from that draft?

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650961)
It's somewhat funny that we've decided there are no franchise QB's in this draft, 2 weeks after teh draft.

All other positions need 3 years.

But there are NO QBS AT ALL AND WE KNOW THAT NOW.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650968)

Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

Marcellus 05-01-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650969)

Past history tells us that right Clay? How many 2nd round QB's become franchise? You know the stat right?

Mav 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

the only reason chiefs fans think there were a franchise qb in this draft, is because the chiefs had the first pick. There werent, and arent any in this draft. Sad to say, but when you have four in one draft, you pay the piper the next year.

O.city 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Common sense? No, it's surely not. At all. It's pretty stupid actually.

We have no idea what this class will become. You yourself are arguing that the past has no indicator on this draft etc because things are different in each situation.

In58men 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650969)

My sources think otherwise

Mav 05-01-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650973)
Josh Freeman is going to be a good player in this league for awhile now. He's on an upswing. Unless you hate QBs who throw for 27 TDs and 4000 yards.

He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

Buehler445 05-01-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650549)
Success or failure won't really tell if it were the right or wrong decision to pass on the guy. Situations are different in different places.

We didn't take him, move along.

This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9650998)
He was absolutely awful the second half of the season last year. Thats why he is in his final year of his contract, and they just drafted a developemental qb. He has no excuses, they spent all the money last year on the oline, on the receivers, on the tight ends. And yet, he sucked, HORRIBLY down the stretch.

post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Mav 05-01-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9651004)
This is a good point. Geno's probability for failure increased exponentially when foot fetish drafted him.

I agree. I believe that had he gone to a buffalo, or even here to kansas city, that his bust rate is almost nil. And im not Trolling. Im being dead serious. The jets are an awful roster right now.....They have awful coaching, and even worse leadership.

Mav 05-01-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651019)
post the first 5 years of alex smith's stats please

because he is an embarrassment of a QB

Shrugs. I wont try to argue with you on it. You are completely right. Every single issue with the 49ers including 2004, when the 49ers went 2-14, was because of alex smith. You are spot on. IN this league, you never have to have talent around you, an ownership committed to winning, a competent coaching staff. You just need a competent qb. You also never have to worry about drafting a guy because you dont think you can sign the other guy.

If you cant figure everything out that I just said in that last paragraph, then you really need to do some research.

RunKC 05-01-2013 09:16 PM

It's so funny that the posters who make fun of the people supposably "rationalizing" Alex Smith are the posters rationalizing Geno Smith.

This was a weak QB draft. Every team passed on the messiah and there is damning evidence against this guy.

He's not near the person or prospect the other QB's were and there seems to be more evidence proving this every day.

Alex Smith was the best QB we could have acquired this offseason and that's a fact.

BossChief 05-01-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650833)
I know who the Qb was, it has nothing to do with the fact Flacco was taken about 15 spots early, thats not a "Risky" move.

A "Risky" move is JaMarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Cam Newton (Who hasn't actually won anything yet) etc.....

You = stupid

I don't think I've ever read something you posted and was like "damn, that's a well put together thought"

Ever
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9650886)
This guy fired his agent cause his dumbass thought he was going #1 overall despite unlimited rumors of kc taking an OT

You don't know that. His agent told him not to participate in the senior bowl...Geno has mentioned this multiple times in the media. It's probable that he has gotten feedback that teams didn't like that.

Shit, Clark Hunts comment at the time was "tell Geno we missed him at the senior bowl"

It's hard to tell why he fired his agent.

It's definitely possible that some of us at CP have been overvaluing him as a prospect due to factors that aren't available to us all such as interviews and
workouts....but even with that risk, his upside is more than that of a really good right tackle...but I digress.
Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9650934)
When will the Geno stuff die?

it has little to do with Geno Smith.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9650948)
You keep proving my point dude. Read your post above about all these past drafts. Now read what I posted you responded to. (Pay close attention to the bolded parts, its like getting the answer to a test)

If you dont get it, its not my fault. I also have to wonder how you tie your shoes.

oh...believe me. I understand your point.

It's just that I think it's asinine.