ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sandbox football is gearing up - room for new owners. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272980)

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677482)

Are you joining? You want a team?

cdcox 05-12-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678142)
California is a big state, but you can go even bigger. Envision sweeping plains. Football factories. Massive waves of illegal migration. Think (sweeping arm gesture) Texas.

Your team is the Round Rock TambaTornados in League 2. A team run by a charismatic Texas quarterback who has a little bit of Hollywood in him.

done

blazzin311 05-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9676857)
Current status:

Beavis Chiefs -- Springfield Attack -- process completed
Ebolapox -- Aurora Borealis -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Blazin311 -- Independence Jokers -- process completed
EagleRob -- Lexington Akitas -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
allen_kcCard -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
dh56dt58 -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Old Dog's Friend -- Columbia KC Hood Stars -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Tambaberry -- St. Louis Spiders -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)

Someone by the handle of Jak2786 registered on Sandbox, but I don't know who they are or what team they are to be assigned.

Jak2786 would be me. The Independence Jokers were the team that Rain Man assigned to me. :thumb:

Rain Man 05-12-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsyou606 (Post 9677744)
I will play. My team is in bold

Sorry. Given the last activity date, your team was reassigned to EagleRob. You're welcome to approach him about a trade, but your new team is now the ... Wichita Shox in League 2! Wichita went 5-11 last year but has plenty of stars to thrill the Wichita fanbase, particularly in the passing game.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 9678008)
I'll take a team. Maybe that'll get me posting on CP more, I've turned into a lurker since the survivor game.

Based on the last activity date, we will award you the Kansas City Ball Busters in League 1. They went 7-9 last year despite having perhaps the deepest QB and TE positions in the league. Under your guidance, perhaps they can turn the corner.

ChiefAshhole20 05-13-2013 01:39 AM

I'd like to join if possible.

mrroandrro 05-13-2013 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678127)
We're at the point now where the teams that are not confirmed were owned by active and committed owners last year. However, I've sent messages where possible and haven't yet heard back in a week, and there are a few people where e-mails bounced or some such thing. I'll reassign those teams based on their past activity, starting with the team with the longest delay since last login.

For those getting teams from this point on, I'll ask you to keep an open mind if someone approaches you in the next couple of days and asks you to trade teams because you have their original team. But it'll be your call and it's your team.

Mrroandro, your team is ... the Chula Vista Cripplas! A League 1 team, Chula Vista went 6-10 last year, and their strength appears to be on the lines, along with a deep WR corps.

Build from the inside and work your way out. I like it.

rtmike 05-13-2013 06:37 AM

Late to the thread but if a team is available I'd be willing to take it over please?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-13-2013 07:20 AM

I'm game, if there are still openings.

Have registered (without choosing location or team name)

cdcox 05-13-2013 07:26 AM

Old Dog's Friend -- Columbia KC Hood Stars -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Kyle Deluxes -- Kansas City Ball Busters -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
ChiefAshhole20 -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
rtmike -- needs a team -- needs to register on Sandbox (post 29)
Zeke -- needs a team

I think these are the only outstanding issues.

allen_kcCard 05-13-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9678111)
I have a nice solid midwestern team for you that has great tailgating. You'll get the Topeka Tyrannicide in League 1. They went 5-11 last year, but they have some good talent.

Thanks!

Rain Man 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9678192)
I'd like to join if possible.

I have a fine team for you. League 1's High Point Knob Hills. They went 7-9 last year, but have a Super Bowl MVP quarterback and I expect big things out of Jon Baldwin on the receiving end.

Rain Man 05-13-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9678246)
Late to the thread but if a team is available I'd be willing to take it over please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9678284)
I'm game, if there are still openings.

Have registered (without choosing location or team name)

Your'e the next two up and you're definitely guaranteed teams. I just need to do a final call to be sure I'm not giving away someone's baby.

DJ's left nut 05-13-2013 09:56 AM

Kiss the ring, new League 1 owners...

Rain Man 05-13-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9678246)

I have an excellent team for you, the Kansas City Fubars of League 2. They had a rough year last year at 4-12, but quarterback David Garrard thinks he can take the team to new heights this year. Oh, and you might want to draft a quarterback.

The good news is that your running back, Jamaal Charles, is returning from his injury this season. He should be a great complement to Garrard.