ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox Fall 2013: Sleepy Hollow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273051)

007 09-17-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989379)
500 episodes alone this year to date. And I was just talking out loud, not trying to be a jerk. :)

Damn, I had no idea. Is it mostly cable stuff then? Anything on the networks at all?

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9989422)
Damn, I had no idea. Is it mostly cable stuff then? Anything on the networks at all?

Tons of cable, some premium channels, some trailers and some network, including the NFL on Fox. :D

007 09-17-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989426)
Tons of cable, some premium channels, some trailers and some network, including the NFL on Fox. :D

Thats incredible man!!!! I wonder what I may have heard then.

Raiderhater 09-17-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989375)
My point was directed at the fact that reality TV is not slipping or going away.

Sleepy Hollow
, on Fox, had 10 million viewers last night. Duck Dynasty, on A&E, had nearly 12 million.

I now see your point.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9989431)
Thats incredible man!!!! I wonder what I may have heard then.

I've only heard a few, although it's cool when it happens.

I don't generally find out until nine months after airdate, so it's pure coincidence for the most part.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 09:59 PM

Game of Thrones viewership is a deceptive thing. Initial airing primetime finale numbers did cap at 5.4 million, but including all airings of each episode for the season, they're up to over 14.2 million viewers per (I'm not sure this includes DVR numbers or not, probably does). They're probably going to pass Sopranos viewership numbers next season. Show's turned into a real juggernaut as far as premium cable goes. It's also an incredibly expensive show.

In any case, Nielson ratings are still ****ed to all hell, but they're adjusting at least. So many of us now are streaming and dvr'ing. Which is great for us, but terrible for the networks because their advertisers all know what it means (we're not watching their ads).

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9989444)
Game of Thrones viewership is a deceptive thing. Initial airing primetime finale numbers did cap at 5.4 million, but including all airings of each episode for the season, they're up to over 14.2 million viewers per (I'm not sure this includes DVR numbers or not, probably does). They're probably going to pass Sopranos viewership numbers next season. Show's turned into a real juggernaut as far as premium cable goes. It's also an incredibly expensive show.

In any case, Nielson ratings are still ****ed to all hell, but they're adjusting at least. So many of us now are streaming and dvr'ing. Which is great for us, but terrible for the networks because their advertisers all know what it means (we're not watching their ads).

Actually, it's not that expensive. It's about $3.5 to $4.0 million per episode. That's cheap.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989375)
Sleepy Hollow, on Fox, had 10 million viewers last night.

Much better news than I expected. We'll see how many stick for week two:
Quote:

The first real night of competition in the new fall season gives a victory to Fox's Sleepy Hollow. The freshman drama, the first scripted premiere of the 2013-14 season, averaged a 3.5 rating among adults 18-49 and 10.1 million viewers. That final rating is up 133 percent from last fall's comparable debut for the short-lived Mob Doctor and bests The Following (3.1 adults) as the highest-rated Fox drama of the last six years. Based on previous series' performances, Fox is projecting the episode will deliver between a 5.1 and a 5.4 rating in Live+Seven DVR returns -- a boost of up to 60 percent.
It replays on Friday night, too, so they can pick up some stragglers in the boonies who haven't figured out streaming or on demand.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9989463)
Much better news than I expected. We'll see how many stick for week two:It replays on Friday night, too, so they can pick up some stragglers in the boonies who haven't figured out streaming or on demand.

It should also be noted that Alcatraz debuted with 10 million viewers as well...

keg in kc 09-17-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989462)
Actually, it's not that expensive. It's about $3.5 to $4.0 million per episode. That's cheap.

I think that's only around half their budget per episode.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9989473)
I think that's only around half their budget per episode.

They have 10 episodes per year and spend anywhere from $35 million to $45 million per season, so it's not that expensive, especially compared to network shows in which the stars earn anywhere from $1-7 million per.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989477)
They have 10 episodes per year and spend anywhere from $35 million to $45 million per season, so it's not that expensive, especially compared to network shows in which the stars earn anywhere from $1-7 million per.

Not according to The Wall Street Journal:
Quote:

With the ambitious "Game of Thrones," spiraling costs are a risk. The reported budget for season one was about $60 million; costs increased by roughly 15% for season two, says Michael Lombardo, HBO's president of programming.
Now those are year-old figures, but unless they cut the budget in half for season 3, your numbers might be off...

keg in kc 09-17-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989471)
It should also be noted that Alcatraz debuted with 10 million viewers as well...

Hence the comment about seeing how the viewership holds up.

It will drop. The question is how much.

I'm interested in seeing how many viewers Agents of SHIELD gets next week. They're trying to turn it into event TV, curious how that turns out.

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9989487)
Not according to The Wall Street Journal:Now those are year-old figures, but unless they cut the budget in half for season 3, your numbers might be off...

Huh. Well, it's still inexpensive compared to many network dramas. $6 million per would barely cover one of the Friends paychecks.

Juliana Margulies was offered $13 million per to stay on that dopey ER and turned it down.

keg in kc 09-17-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9989493)
Huh. Well, it's still inexpensive compared to many network dramas. $6 million per would barely cover one of the Friends paychecks.

Juliana Margulies was offered $13 million per to stay on that dopey ER and turned it down.

Well, when I say "it's incredibly expensive" the addendum "for premium television" was kind of assumed...

I'm taking 'huh' as a tacit admission that you were wrong about the GoT budget numbers. :)